MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Metaltabs College thread (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24040)

Rapture 2005-09-05 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
hah youre off to sweden. awesome man. seems like everyone here is pretty damn sure about what they want

Ha. Not me. I have no idea what the fuck im gonna do with my life. The only reason i know what college i want to go to is because i dont want to leave my girlfriend, so im goin to a nearby state uni.

BeastOfCarrion 2005-09-06 00:24

Im in my 3rd year of undergraduate degrees in both Computer Science and Business (accounting).

johnmansley 2005-09-06 05:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
thanks for explaining

I explained in detail every stage of my education from 16 onwards about a month ago in the RTT!

autumncurve 2005-09-06 06:23

Im about to start my second year at college, enrolling in about an hour actually. Kinda worried though because my AS grades sucked so i can only hope theyll take me on for A level.
If not, its off to work!
fuck repeating AS's...

low-tech 2005-09-06 07:16

i might go back to community college when im 30, it will only be then that i will feel ready for higher learning

DEAD 2005-09-06 14:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture
Ha. Not me. I have no idea what the fuck im gonna do with my life. The only reason i know what college i want to go to is because i dont want to leave my girlfriend, so im goin to a nearby state uni.

Wow, I would never curb my life plans for another person like that. I almost made that mistake and see how it would have basiclly fucked my whole life up.

KevC 2005-09-06 14:44

well my first day of university is starting tomorrow, and its my first year. I'm majoring in kinesiology and health sciences, main focus is either become a physiotherapist or a ergonomist. since i myself have a horrible back i want to help out ppl with the same problems.

Transient 2005-09-06 14:52

kinesiology? whats that? good luck tomorrow

KevC 2005-09-06 14:57

oh its studying the body's movement and the mechanics of the body's motions

Transient 2005-09-06 14:58

good luck, then. fellow back pain sufferer :p

KevC 2005-09-06 15:03

hahaha thanks, it'll be hard work, but atleast ill be surrounded by girls there, since there seems to be alot more girls majoring in it than males

powersofterror 2005-09-06 15:43

I'm a Junior at a music college studying for an undergraduate BA in music. So far, I've tested out of my principle instrument:banger::finger:, and am in my last term of theory/aural skills/piano. Basically all I've got left is 2 or so years of core classes:sickface:. I havn't decided yet, but I might try to get an easy minor in some sort of business or music production thing. I'll also get a teacher's certificate and probably end up substitute teaching whenver I'm in a tight spot.

cw4119 2005-09-06 19:03

im in my sophomore year of high school right now, in a magnet program for digital design (PageMaker, Photoshop, Maya) when I graduate I plan to go to a private college called full-sail which is very costly but im trying to get good grades for a scholarship. I will be going there for 3d modeling/animation (Maya).

Transient 2005-09-06 19:58

hey, ive seen tons of adds for full sail. they do a music program too...music production and engineering. very cool ,youre the first person ive talked to regarding it

davie_gravy 2005-09-06 23:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Hmm, that's actually what im thinking about going for. How was it?

It wasn't bad. It's alot of programming! C, C++, some Java. Different schools have different emphasis for their computer science degree. We focused alot on Object Oriented application software development. Ever had any programming experience? Cause it's all about whether you enjoy doing it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw4119
im in my sophomore year of high school right now, in a magnet program for digital design (PageMaker, Photoshop, Maya) when I graduate I plan to go to a private college called full-sail which is very costly but im trying to get good grades for a scholarship. I will be going there for 3d modeling/animation (Maya).

Great school! Took a tour of full-sail in Orlando when I was on spring break out there. Their movie editing was kick ass. Game programming was fuckin unreal. Also, they one of two of these types of recording studios in the world. Ha, the chairs we sat in while they spoke about the studio cost $1000. That's the closest 'my ass' will come to $1000.

Cloaca 2005-09-07 05:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevC
well my first day of university is starting tomorrow, and its my first year. I'm majoring in kinesiology and health sciences, main focus is either become a physiotherapist or a ergonomist. since i myself have a horrible back i want to help out ppl with the same problems.

Remember, Chiropractors are evil. :)

KevC 2005-09-07 05:34

haha whys that?

Cloaca 2005-09-07 05:38

Because I said so.

The fact that my dad is a physio has nothing to do with my opinion.

TruthDevoid 2005-09-08 15:45

I'm dorming at Berklee College of Music in Boston. I plan on majoring in Music Production and Engineering (MP&E). Classes haven't started yet, they start monday or tuesday, i forget actually. It's fucking awesome here though. I didn't think there would be many metalheads here but there's about 6 of us on my floor alone.

Transient 2005-09-08 15:53

ive heard that its very expensive to go there. how much is that costing you? i bet youll be able to catch every metal tour that goes on in the states too...