MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Metaltabs Fitness Thread (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23891)

MetalThrashingMad 2005-08-31 14:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
definitely breathe out during the hard part of the exercise. you only need to think about doing that for like a week then it becomes second habit

No, thats wrong, breathe in right as you lift, your body needs the extra oxygen.

Yeah John, I breathe correctly.... I'm just gonna stay away from that exercise. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head (I've heard many people tell me this before).

Transient 2005-08-31 14:39

i mean, say youre doing curls, breathe out when you bring the weights up

damn truth youre upt to 35 pound curls? i can only 3 sets of 7 reps of 25 pounders

what about extensions, what kind of weight do you guys use on those? i mean like, making a T with your arms...another is putting your arms out in front of you... i only do 8-10 pounds with those

and here is my workout playlist (all these songs get me pumped up)

Slit Into Succulence Guttural Secrete 4:25 Artistic Creation With Cranial Stumps
Ejaculating Obesity Guttural Secrete 4:55 Artistic Creation With Cranial Stumps
Incestuous Refiguration Guttural Secrete 3:56 Artistic Creation With Cranial Stumps
Visected In Vaginal Bile Guttural Secrete 3:18 Artistic Creation With Cranial Stumps
Carnal Forge Carcass 3:55 Heartwork
Carnal Ways to Recreate the Heart Arsis 4:52 A Celebration of Guilt
Genesis 12/A Foreign Objects 2:55 Universal Culture Shock
By Your Bedside Vehemence 3:51 Helping the World to See
Evil Gods Havoc Krisiun 4:10 Ageless Venomous
Rictus Surreal Malevolent Creation 4:30 The Fine Art Of Murder
The Sadistic Motives Behind Bereavement Letters Arsis 4:25 A Celebration of Guilt
Destroyer Entity Internal Suffering 2:54 Chaotic Matrix
Chopped in Half Obituary 3:45 Cause Of Death
Conquer All Behemoth 3:31 Demigod
Beyond the Dark Sun Wintersun 2:38 Wintersun
The Ambassador Of Pain Kataklysm 2:33 Serenity In Fire
Thrones of Blood Suffocation 5:14 Pierced From Within
Buried Dreams Carcass 3:58 Heartwork
Enemy Of God Kreator 5:43 Enemy of God
With Blood They Pay Aeon 4:13 Dark Orders
Father, You're Not A Father Immolation 5:02 Close To A World Below
Devoid Of Truth Suffocation 2:31 Despise The Sun
The Harlot Ov The Saints Behemoth 2:47 Zos Kia Cultus
Eaten Bloodbath 4:18 Nightmares Made Flesh
Follow The Reaper Children Of Bodom 3:48 Follow The Reaper [Bonus Track]
Slaughter of the Soul At the Gates 3:03 Slaughter of the Soul
Knuckleduster Children Of Bodom 3:29 Trashed, Lost & Strungout EP
Behold Judas Hate Eternal 4:21 I, Monarch
Of Martyrs And Men Immolation 5:25 Unholy Cult
Midnight Circus Elvenking 5:04 Wyrd
Tired Eyes Hieronymus Bosch 5:17 Artificial Emotions
Raise the Stakes Impaled 5:12 Mondo Medicale
Death in Fire Amon Amarth 5:09 Live at Grand Rokk Reykjavik, Iceland DVDA
Harnessing Ruin Immolation 4:35 Harnessing Ruin
The Will To Kill Malevolent Creation 3:58 The Will To Kill
Swarm Of Terror Immolation 3:18 Harnessing Ruin
Phobophile Cryptopsy 4:37 None So Vile
Heartwork Carcass 4:33 Heartwork
Dispersion & Darkness Internal Suffering 3:50 Choronzonic Force Domination
From Wisdom To Hate Gorguts 5:06 From Wisdom To Hate
Summoning Redemption Morbid Angel 7:16 Gateways To Annihilation
All That Remains Malevolent Creation 3:54 The Will To Kill
Colossal Vortex Internal Suffering 3:06 Chaotic Matrix
Prelude To The Apocalypse Decrepit Birth 1:24 ... And Time Begins
Reciprocal Origin 2:26 Echoes of Decimation
Within Thy Enemy Morbid Angel 3:17 Heretic
Slit Your Guts Cryptopsy 4:01 None So Vile
Prolapsed Trachea Fuck Toy Saprogenic 3:20 The Wet Sound of Flesh on Concrete
In Shadows and Dust Kataklysm 2:48 In Shadows and Dust
Beyond the Dark Sun Wintersun 2:38 Wintersun
Extermination Of My Filthy Species Skinless 4:06 Progression Towards Evil
Hammer Smashed Face Cannibal Corpse 4:04 Tomb of the Mutilated
Kill For God Vehemence 3:44 Helping the World to See
Rapture Morbid Angel 4:07 Entangled In Chaos '95
As I Slither Kataklysm 2:57 Serenity In Fire
Warp Zone Martyr 3:04 Warp Zone
Spheres Of Madness Decapitated 5:15 Nihility
Virtual Emotions Martyr 4:08 Warp Zone
Dominate Morbid Angel 2:54 Entangled In Chaos '95
Enemy Of God Kreator 5:43 Enemy of God
Chopped in Half Obituary 3:45 Cause Of Death

TruthDevoid 2005-08-31 14:47

Do you make sure to stay hydrated when you are working out? Dehydration may cause that blurred vision/dizziness that you're experiencing. You should also be drinking Gatorade instead of water when working out

Zionist 2005-08-31 14:49

I usually lift weights whenever I can, but I hate running. I'm pretty much skin and bones so it's kind of hard for me to gain muscle. I also drink a lot of water, water is probably the best thing to drink when working out, fuck Gatorade.

low-tech 2005-08-31 14:52

ive been visiting my parents so i havent worked out in a while but what i did was

130pound on a bench couple reps of 5<i nearly got strangled by the bar a couple months ago>
70pound curls couple reps of 10 then do it the other way to work triceps<excellent for druming>
bmx bike ride about 5 miles thru providence,many hills too, took about an hour and a half, funnest part, did this about 4-5 times a week
at random punch and kick a bag, excellent cardio workout, never thrust kick a bag, roundhouse kicks, muay thai style. i hit the bag in my place till it fell, i gotta screw that thing back into the beam.
if i can afford it i wanna train MMA in a real academy, havent sparred in a long time, that shit costs alot and im more into music than training that shit tho, so i may never do it

edit: i listen to slayer or metallica usually, i need a cd player for the rides tho

Transient 2005-08-31 14:53

truth devoid- ive always assumed gatorade was BS and not really good for you. it seems awfully caloric and like its just a bunch of BS anyways

if its legitimate i will go out and get a case of it

i lose 2 pounds of sweat when i work out. i try to drink that all back througought the day (i work out around 11 in the morning) but at the gym i only drink one water bottle full

my key for the next few months is weightloss, and not particularly building muscles. i just want to get myself to a skinnier body before i started adding on muscle, but i will continue do liift weights becasue its making a differnce overall. keep in mind if you give anyone any advice in this thread, youre giving advice geared towards their goals

TruthDevoid 2005-08-31 14:57

I have always found gaterade to be a better at keeping my system hydrated than water. It replenishes your electrolites (sp?) and a lot of vitamins and stuff that you sweat out when you're working out. Give it a try, if you find no difference, then you could go back to water. But i always found that i would have to drink a lot less gatorade than water to remain hydrated. Test it out and let me know what you think

MetalThrashingMad 2005-08-31 15:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
. i just want to get myself to a skinnier body before i started adding on muscle,

Thats the best way to do it, but dont try to get quitee "skinny" before lifting, as your body can use the extra calories. Believe it or not, I could gain a few pounds before lifting heavy and it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Gatorade is awesome to replace water. Working construction, I would have had a heat stroke several times if it wasn't for gatorade.

low-tech 2005-08-31 15:09

hey trans they got those body suits that trap moisture or something, i forget what you call them, but they are commonly used to cut wieght.

anyone familiar with kettle weight lifting? russian sambo guys swear by it, has something to do with lifting wierd objects like kegs,barrels,propane tanks, maybe ill look on google or something, soppose to be better than normal weight lifting, i dont know why

edit: i drink gatorade alot, electrolytes and sugar, also had some packets of vitamin cool-aid type stuff thats good

blizzard_beast 2005-08-31 15:23

Yeah I've been meaning to try that. A lot of it is hyped up though I think. I think it has something to do with lifting weights at really weird angles.

Transient 2005-08-31 15:48

ive seen ads for underarmour, i dont know if thats what youre talkinga bout. and yeah steve, my goal definitely isnt to get myself down to like 145 and be rail thin. i want to be phsyically intimidating, and i dont mind having 5 or 10 pounds if it means im going to look and feel "bigger"

edit

ill get some gatorade

davie_gravy 2005-08-31 15:49

I used to hit the gym pretty hard. Mostly cardio and some focus on my legs. I like to work my upper body for a couple months, then work the lower body a couple months. I haven't done shit in the past couple months though, except some swimming. I need to get back into the groove.

TruthDevoid 2005-08-31 16:14

145, Tranny? That's pretty skinny, how tall are you? I'm really really skinny and i'm 6'2" and about 155

Transient 2005-08-31 17:38

i just used a random number

i am 5'8 but i have a spine problem, i should be taller. so that kind of throws off the weight thing, i started working out at the beginning of the summer at 184. im down to 169 now, which im very happy with.

The Execrator 2005-08-31 17:41

Haha, this thread is pretty big. Ive been working out 3 days a week since the middle of april. I mainly concentrate on benching, curls, and pull downs. Benching, I do 3 sets of 6 reps with 100 pounds, 110 pounds, and 120 pounds. Curls, 3 sets of 6 reps with 25 pounders. And 3 sets of 6 reps with 105 pounds for pulldowns. I do other various execrises for my abs, legs, and shoulders but usually only about 2 sets. This shit is too addicing. I've gained about 7 pounds since I've started. Im just about 6 feet tall and weigh 152. My main goal is to get up to about 160, just muscle. I'll be happy then.

younguitarist 2005-08-31 17:48

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I jog 2.66 miles. It may not be a lot but meh it's something.

L,B'XXX 2005-08-31 18:13

You guys drinking the Gatorade, good for you! I do, too. Save yourself some money and go get the little canister of the powder and a small funnel. Or mix it by the pitcher. It's so much cheaper and then you'll have more $$ for cd's and stuff. ;)
My old boss is about my age, 46, and due to the meds she's on for her heart she has potassium trouble and has to drink a gallon of gatorade a day to replenish it. She's fainted from lack of potassium before. She was glad I told her about the powdered stuff.
Where I live the cheapest place to get it is Walmart and I like the blue frost the best. It's all good though. Mix some up in a water bottle and throw it in the freezer for awhile and it makes a great slushy. If you use a pull up top though leave it upright and open otherwise they freeze shut. I usually use a Propel bottle with a twist top.

EDIT: One canister makes 2 gallons. I just looked.

low-tech 2005-08-31 19:06

the last time i was on tour, some guy in arkansas gave me a box of vitamin drink mix, i guess you get them at those GNC type stores. anyway, that stuff really saved our asses, its good. tasted good too, basically the same thing as vitamin suppliments but drink form.

ManOwaR 2005-08-31 19:20

What excacly does gatorade do that makes it better than water?
It tastes like total shit to me but mehh, if it helps me working out I'll drink it anyway.

Transient 2005-08-31 19:21

yeah it tastes pretty lousy if you ask me. it restores some electrolytes and sodium and vitamins that you lose when you sweat