MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bass Solo's (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2161)

Tattered 2002-06-29 05:18

Bass Solo's

Anyone Know any good bass solos that they can share with us bassists here?

NOTE: Excluding Anesthesia by Metallica and N.I.B by Black Sabbath
(but feel free to comment on them)

Thanks.
:D

Katham 2002-06-29 05:45

Maybe Siege - Armageddon...

Look for terrorcore (2 bassist+1 drummer lineup hardcore) bands BTW. Most of em has really cool bass solos.

Def 2002-06-29 12:54

Shockwave - hardcore with cool bassbreaks, all songs are technical.
uhm, Raised Fist (all songs..)

Lord Arioch 2002-06-29 19:11

check out Misanthrope a french group and you might find cool songs
there is one song - bass solo called Movemnents for hyppochondrium and liberine tempos or something like that
anyway try all the song

check out also billy sheenan solos

Tattered 2002-06-30 03:40

billy sheenan? as in a singular bass play..or is he in a band??

Lord Arioch 2002-06-30 06:39

search the web for him you might find mp3 on his site
hte address must be something like billy-sheenan.com

Lord Arioch 2002-06-30 11:23

http://www.billysheehan.com/

download the bass solos you'll have work for a long time

Def 2002-06-30 14:06

~damn, yeah.. but remember, that other guy, uhm, Stu Hamm, he's got some great stuff also.

Euronymous 2002-06-30 15:55

this isn't metal AT ALL so don't bitch to me but i heard a really good one in Rancid's "Maxwell Murder".

MetalPoldi 2002-07-01 09:46

I think itīs hard to find many bass-solos in metal bands, itīs easier in Funk or Jazz.
But i would go definately for the bass solo of John Myung in Metropolis pt. I. If it comes to solos i recommoned always DT.:rolleyes:

Tattered 2002-07-01 14:26

Quote:
Originally posted by Euronymous
this isn't metal AT ALL so don't bitch to me but i heard a really good one in Rancid's "Maxwell Murder".

yeah thats a cool solo..on the album ''..and out come the wolves..''

Def 2002-07-02 13:42

Quote:
Originally posted by MetalPoldi
I think itīs hard to find many bass-solos in metal bands, itīs easier in Funk or Jazz.
But i would go definately for the bass solo of John Myung in Metropolis pt. I. If it comes to solos i recommoned always DT.:rolleyes:

Yeah those solo's are the bomb! John Myung is the bomb, but I don't have a 6 string hehe... I only miss one string dammit...

but check that Stu Hamm dude out, on tabcrawler.com he's got cool stuff!

MetalPoldi 2002-07-02 13:47

I think iīve got a song from him. Í like it. Itīs o CD that was for free in a magatine from the label "Favored nations". Itīs the Lbel of Steve Vai, i think. Thereīs even Billy Sheehan, Mathais IA Eklundh, Steve Lukather and many more great guitarista and bassists. Try to get this CD for free. But thereīs lots of Jazz.

Pablo 2002-07-03 09:46

check:
"Listen to the lyrics" - Roland Grapow
any Dream Theater song

Pablo

soulburner 2002-07-17 18:11

:flame:
Metallica Call of the kutulu (its hard to hear but its there), damage inc. (the intro), my friend of misery, for whom the bell tolls, and their live shit binge and purge CD.
Anything by Primus
Panteras bass is almost like solos, check out the backing for Floods and 5 min. alone.
Sepultura the third track of the beneth the remains album at the end of the song.
Mad capusual marked, their song tribe has a high pitch bass solo (doesn't sound like bass though)
Thats all I can think of right now.:confused:
I think for bass solos u need to go for live CD's and find their solos, thats when they really shine.

Def 2002-07-18 12:56

yeah, that jason newsted rules heavily on those video's and cliff 'em all, that vid is really good.. shame no one has tabs for the whole fucking video haha

jacob_xt 2002-07-29 02:47

Pantera-Floods

seabasacidtrip 2002-09-02 13:54

Rage Against The Machine's Calm Like A Bomb has a cool bass solo at the start of it

it dosen't take all to long to learn either, I've only been playing bass for about a month or two and I can play it pretty decently (after a few screw ups anyway)...

seabasacidtrip 2002-09-02 20:16

Another good solo is the one off of Cradle Of Filth's Her Ghost In The Fog

Tattered 2002-09-03 12:17

i didnt know there was a bass solo on that!?:confused: