MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   help (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21096)

ahumansdystopia 2005-05-18 20:18

help

hi this is my frist time posting in the bass forum im a guitarist but i also play bass on the side and im playing for a band now so i was thinking about investing in a decent bass for playing alot of crust/grind and some death metal.I have 500 to spend max maybe a few bucks extra for shipping im gonna buy it off ebay most likly i have a amp and everything since my sister playes bass but she isnet good and is rich she has a 500 watt peavy half stack so i have a amp to use but her bass is falling apart and is horrible a cheap yamaha.But yeah if you could direct me into some nice basses in that price range i would really appricate it thank you in advance.thanks agian

Tulvox 2005-05-18 21:32

ESP, Traben, Fenders...I don't know what Warwicks go for.

Disincarnate 2005-05-19 00:58

ibanez,Aria.pro,washburn,dean

Sodomaniac 2005-05-19 06:29

yep , Ibanez GSR serie. they are quiet good for beginners.

tchambliss 2005-05-20 08:43

One of the best beginner basses I've played was an ESP B-50 or something like that. . . It played really well. . But with 500 you should go for something more along the lines of erm. . . *searches Musician's friend*. . . Fender standard precision(399-434). . . You could get an Ibanez EDA five string. . . eh, musicians friend is great, I used to not think so but as long as you have the money they treat you right, if you don't good luck getting the handy dandy musicians friend card. ..

Local_Hero 2005-05-20 15:01

I vote for Ibanez.

Tulvox 2005-05-20 16:01

Musicians Friend is great if you like Ibanez and Fender...otherwise its not so great. Music 123 has a nice selection of ESP, Washburn, Warwick, Traben, and Gibson. plus your standard Ibanez and Fender

Disincarnate 2005-05-21 02:53

how.are.traben.basses.........ive.heard.alot.of.reveiws.bout.the.rest.mentioned.but.nothin g.about.traben.basses

tchambliss 2005-05-21 22:22

Soon Musician's Friend will own the world and then they and Wal-Mart will battle. I'm thinking of trying for a managereal position in Wal-Mart then when they own the world with their monopoly I will be like a General or something. . . okay maybe not in our life time. Musician's Friend has stocked up a bit though, they now have PRS models(custom 24's and 22's ten-tops and yeah) I haven't used music123 before, since I'm looking into buying a new amp I'll look into it, thanks.

Subsonic6string 2005-05-30 13:04

I'd say definately the GSR series Ibanez basses. They are in that price range, and have great necks. The electronics in them leave a bit to be desired, but you can always upgrade those down the road. I'm still using the orig. electronics in my Ibanez GSR-406, and it's never let me down, has amazing tone, and one of the fastest necks I've ever played.

Cheers

:beer:

cw4119 2005-06-06 00:01

i started off with a hartke, hahaha....

anyways, i suggest ibanez. im not sure how good peavey basses are for beginners but you can go ahead and try those too

sixsicsix 2005-07-15 08:24

unless its almost new then dont go with ebay ... thats like buying a pawn shop guitar without trying it