MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tours & Concerts (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The UK Gigs Thread (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20103)

SARS 2005-06-02 17:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Bah, I didn't go either - I had a fancy dress party to go to that I agreed to attend about 6 months ago.

Simon Pegg should do stand up. Jack Dee is a classic, but not as intelligent IMO.

[edit]
wrong quote, very drunk.

sqol 2005-06-08 05:23

Woooo, got my Opeth tickets through this morning *is very happy* :)

LordofStorms 2005-06-09 08:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol
Woooo, got my Opeth tickets through this morning *is very happy* :)

Fucker.......... ;)

blizzard_beast 2005-06-16 01:43

VADER TOMORROW! :D

The Doctor 2005-06-16 15:15

have a ball man, the new album is killer

sqol 2005-06-17 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
VADER TOMORROW! :D

Was Proper Bo i tell thee! :)

blizzard_beast 2005-06-17 19:32

Haha indeed, my ears are still ringing!

SARS 2005-09-10 03:47

Decapitated playing liverpool on tuesday.

Cannea fuckin' wait.

johnmansley 2005-09-10 03:57

Yeah, I heard about that, but Liverpool are playing Betis so I'll be in the pub watching that.

SARS 2005-09-12 08:35

can't understand why a more promising game has been put on ITV2.

Anyway, hopefully the swan'll be playing it....gonna watch the first half then bugger off to get the last of Detonation's set. Shall be a good night hopefully.

blizzard_beast 2005-09-12 08:45

Some great gigs coming up in London -

DragonForce - 22nd Sept - Barfly
Decapitated/Detonation etc - 24th Sept - Underworld
Nevermore - 25th Sept - Scala

I'll definitely be at the Decapitated gig, who else is going? The other two gigs are a possibility.

SARS 2005-09-12 08:52

i'm going to the one in liverpool tomo, i'm guessing you were asking about the london one though......meh.

SARS 2005-09-13 18:07

That was fucking amazing dude, John - you're a tit for not going.

Anyway, Detonation have had to pull out due to bus difficulties. We got some local band supporting which was cool....anyway. Dam were dicks. I shouted out some bits of "go head, you rule" and he replied "shut up mate, dick head".....dick head to you dude.

Anyway, Decapitated fucking owned....the new vocalist is a fucking beast. Have fun in london dude.

johnmansley 2005-09-14 07:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARS
That was fucking amazing dude, John - you're a tit for not going.

Nah, we won 2-1!

blizzard_beast 2005-09-23 17:13

Decapitated tomorrow bitches!

Unanything 2005-09-24 05:14

Quote:
Decapitated tomorrow bitches!

I missed Decap' in Glasgow, along with Gorerotted and Dam. Ashamed I was.
What a great show it would have been...
AND Nevermore.
Meshuggah in December though. Fucking booked.

johnmansley 2005-09-24 09:39

Any other dates for Meshuggah? Fuck it I'll cut to the chase - are they playing anywhere near Liverpool?!?!

blizzard_beast 2005-09-24 17:45

Well, I just got back from the gig. It was amazing, I mainly went for Detonation and Decapitated, Gorerotted and especially Dam aren't my thing.

Dam was fucking shit. Aside from the awful music, the vocalist had absolutely zero stage presence, and the guitars were extremely muddy to the point of just being random noise.

Detonation!! Wow, these guys were amazing. Awesome awesomeness. Haha enough said.

I missed a lot of the Gorerotted since I was chatting to the Detonation guys. First off I met Koen (vocals/guitar), who was a real nice chap. Other than the whole he said a lot of his influences are the Swedish medolic death bands. (ie. At the Gates). He then said they're planning to tour (with Gore as support) the UK in February/March to make up for the five gigs they missed on this tour.

I then had a chat with Thomass (drummer) who said that this was the first time the band had met their label manager! Haha, I then asked him about his opinion on triggered drums, and he mentioned that he disliked them, but the label forced them to use a studio which only allowed for triggered drums. He said that he originally wanted a pure acoustic drum tone. After that, he said he was also influenced by the Swedish melodic death bands, but that he was into everything, from Depeche Mode to Morbid Angel, and that he especially liked "rhythmic" bands. He then offered to have the band sign the album I just bought (An Epic Defiance), so then whilst everyone signed it I got to meet the rest of the band, again, really nice guys.

Oh and to the Dutchies, they're from Utrecht!

Decapitated was also pretty good, but I prefered Detonation.

Unanything 2005-09-27 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Any other dates for Meshuggah? Fuck it I'll cut to the chase - are they playing anywhere near Liverpool?!?!

Their website tour section displays a quite a few dates around Britain. Porobably Liverpool or near. Go have a look.

www.meshuggah.net

sqol 2005-09-27 16:07

Quote:
Well, I just got back from the gig. It was amazing, I mainly went for Detonation and Decapitated, Gorerotted and especially Dam aren't my thing.

Dam was fucking shit. Aside from the awful music, the vocalist had absolutely zero stage presence, and the guitars were extremely muddy to the point of just being random noise.

Detonation!! Wow, these guys were amazing. Awesome awesomeness. Haha enough said.

I missed a lot of the Gorerotted since I was chatting to the Detonation guys. First off I met Koen (vocals/guitar), who was a real nice chap. Other than the whole he said a lot of his influences are the Swedish medolic death bands. (ie. At the Gates). He then said they're planning to tour (with Gore as support) the UK in February/March to make up for the five gigs they missed on this tour.

I then had a chat with Thomass (drummer) who said that this was the first time the band had met their label manager! Haha, I then asked him about his opinion on triggered drums, and he mentioned that he disliked them, but the label forced them to use a studio which only allowed for triggered drums. He said that he originally wanted a pure acoustic drum tone. After that, he said he was also influenced by the Swedish melodic death bands, but that he was into everything, from Depeche Mode to Morbid Angel, and that he especially liked "rhythmic" bands. He then offered to have the band sign the album I just bought (An Epic Defiance), so then whilst everyone signed it I got to meet the rest of the band, again, really nice guys.

Oh and to the Dutchies, they're from Utrecht!

Decapitated was also pretty good, but I prefered Detonation.

Goddamn i missed it! Sounds like it was a blast! :smash: