MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Long Have You Been Playing For...? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19654)

HermanRi! 2005-04-02 07:36

How Long Have You Been Playing For...?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry If Its Been Done Before :(

I've Been Playing For 6 Months

Meesh 2005-04-02 07:54

I started playing when I was eleven, got lessons up to 15, then have just been playing on my own since, I'm turning 19 in may so almost 8 years.

garr1 2005-04-02 08:29

:) almost 5 years ;)

HermanRi! 2005-04-02 09:18

o yea, i frgt to add, whats the hardest you song you can play? :P ...no bullshittying

the hardest i can play is...nothing, i cant play a full song, just riffs from songs, i can play quite a bit of alter of sacrifice and mandatory (sp?) suicide, and just sum simple slipknot stuff, you only 1 finger to play most slipknot songs :p

ihave27frets 2005-04-02 09:23

im on year 20...yeah, I know, im old.

garr1 2005-04-02 09:32

paul gilbert (VIKING KONG) :)

MetalThrashingMad 2005-04-02 09:37

about 14 months, and Necrophagist - Stabwound \m/

Im doing good, wouldnt you say?

ManOwaR 2005-04-02 12:08

about 10 monthes I think and the hardest song I can play I think is Ozzy - Crazy Train or Pantera - Psycho Holiday (including solos)

Azdaroth 2005-04-02 12:22

22 months. Hardest thing which i can play is Solo from Viral Remains-Dechristanize(sweep picking). I can play it little faster.

Zertonshfits 2005-04-02 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by garr1
paul gilbert (VIKING KONG) :)

yay Paul Gilbert!

but ya ive been playing since i was... 12 i think and im 15 in november so... 2 and 1/2 years...
hardest thing i play.. postmortem and raining blood (Slayer) fused together like on RIB... only i play the solos like Jeff Hanneman does live... completely diferent... :p

younguitarist 2005-04-02 12:46

5-6 years

EchoesOfDecimation 2005-04-02 12:59

6 years

MetalThrashingMad 2005-04-02 13:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertonshfits
hardest thing i play.. postmortem and raining blood (Slayer) fused together like on RIB... only i play the solos like Jeff Hanneman does live... completely diferent... :p

There are no solos in either of those songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younguitarist
5-6 years

I looked at that solo on Stabwound after the bass solo, can you REALLY play that?! :eek:

HermanRi! 2005-04-02 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOwaR
about 10 monthes I think and the hardest song I can play I think is Ozzy - Crazy Train or Pantera - Psycho Holiday (including solos)

well that makes me feel like shit... :(
the only solos i can play are:
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (DONT Laugh! I only learnt if for my cousin...no bullshit)
Greenday - American Idiot (Same Reason As Above...DONT LAUGH!!! :( )
Sting - Fields Of Gold (I like that song, i like listening to that shit when i need a break from metal...you all know that feeling)

thats all really, theyre not even solos, theyre...just not solos
im so shite, i just wanna get better :(
i've been playing for 6 months and i cant play shit :(

:bawling:

k13m 2005-04-02 13:46

ive been playing for bout 2,7 years
hardest i can play?? dont ask iduno, some hate eternal songs, 35% of no boundaries, some dimmu solos, some solos from my guitar teacher.. what is hard nowadays??

ManOwaR 2005-04-02 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
well that makes me feel like shit... :(
the only solos i can play are:
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (DONT Laugh! I only learnt if for my cousin...no bullshit)
Greenday - American Idiot (Same Reason As Above...DONT LAUGH!!! :( )
Sting - Fields Of Gold (I like that song, i like listening to that shit when i need a break from metal...you all know that feeling)

thats all really, theyre not even solos, theyre...just not solos
im so shite, i just wanna get better :(
i've been playing for 6 months and i cant play shit :(

:bawling:

hey don't worry dude, I just learned those solos, I also just learned the Cowboys From Hell solo.
I Belive in a thing called love by the darkness has a really easy solo you might want to check out. The cowboys solo ain't hard either.

HermanRi! 2005-04-02 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOwaR
hey don't worry dude, I just learned those solos, I also just learned the Cowboys From Hell solo.
I Belive in a thing called love by the darkness has a really easy solo you might want to check out. The cowboys solo ain't hard either.

what kind of picking do you use for the cowboys solo and the psycho solo?
how long did it take you to learn it?

man i still feel so shite :(

JoeYngVai 2005-04-02 14:37

a little over 3 years. I can play Eutgene's Trick Bag really slow and sloppily. I also know a little over a quarter of Paganini's 5th Caprice, which is pretty hard. The Call of Ktulu, by Metallica, is also moderately hard, and I know up to right before the solo.

AR15 2005-04-02 14:38

17 years and I still suck. :)

Silent Night 6 6 2005-04-02 14:42

A little over 4 years
Ozzy-Mr. Crowley
Megadeth-Wake Up Dead (except for the last solo)
COB-Silent Night....,Bed of Razors
Pantera-Cemetary Gates-I can do the whole song except the solo is fucking hard!!! I can do it up to the part in the solo where he starts playing it fast, after that tap he does on the bend.