MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gear & Recording (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Wow (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19637)

4d5e6f 2005-04-01 17:31

Wow
 
Ok, so I turn my guitar's tone down to minimum, put my amp's equializer on normal settings, max volume, max gain, overdrive on. And I hear voices coming out of my amp. My amp isn't super powerful (20 watt) so it sounds like whispering, but it seems definetly like a voice preaching shit to something, like a radio broadcast or something. It sounds either German or Japanese, and it's weird. Is this some weird supernatural thing, or is my amp picking up radio/cellphone broadcasts OMG THERE IT GOES AGAIN.

This is scary.

*edit*
It's a german guy and a german woman, speaking german. I don't know german though, I just recognize the accent and words.

k13m 2005-04-01 17:37

maybe its picking up a cellphone frequencie or sumtin:confused:

i remember me playing my mates amp, and when my cellphone went off, i could hear my awesome spongebob tune through the amp :p :rolleyes: weird shit

garr1 2005-04-01 17:38

my amp does that all the time
except its not a german guy. :)

DeathCS 2005-04-01 17:40

probably a radio station.

but this reminds me of a time..
this person had a powerful walkie-talkie and he was flipping through the channels, and he found a truckers radio frequency. It was pretty funny listening to their conversations. :p

4d5e6f 2005-04-01 17:43

Lol, it also started playing classical music too.

Chris Rezendes 2005-04-01 17:47

I used to have a cheap Ibanez 15 watt that would pick up the radio and, occasionally, phone calls. It broke like 3 years ago, though, so I can't try it now.

blizzard_beast 2005-04-01 18:44

It's not radio dude. The transistor-valve HZ456 circuitry found in small amps like yours has absolutely no ability to pick up any sort of broadcasting frequencies.
Mine does this all the time, I consulted a pyschic, and he confirmed my suspicions of this being other-worldly and supernatural. They're spectres, who have found no place in the afterlife, thus they seek mediums like, in this case, your amplifier. This is very bad, very bad indeed.

You know what you have to do to ward off these spirits? Construct a small shrine made of wood to the particular spirit. It should look like this:

///////////
(your photo)

///////////
/////
////////////////////////
/////
//////////////////////////////
//// /// ///


(the "/" are bits of wood)

I hope everything works out for you man.

4d5e6f 2005-04-01 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
It's not radio dude. The transistor-valve HZ456 circuitry found in small amps like yours has absolutely no ability to pick up any sort of broadcasting frequencies.
Mine does this all the time, I consulted a pyschic, and he confirmed my suspicions of this being other-worldly and supernatural. They're spectres, who have found no place in the afterlife, thus they seek mediums like, in this case, your amplifier. This is very bad, very bad indeed.

You know what you have to do to ward off these spirits? Construct a small shrine made of wood to the particular spirit. It should look like this:

///////////
(your photo)

///////////
/////
////////////////////////
/////
//////////////////////////////
//// /// ///


(the "/" are bits of wood)

I hope everything works out for you man.


Ok, that sounds pretty stupid and made up, but whatever, since you're the only person who has given an actual explanation, mind answering a few questions? Are they even speaking any language? Cuz it definetly sounds like a language, I first thought German but my stepmom said it isn't "gutter" sounding enough (she said that means like the sound that you have crap in your throat or something, like how germans speak), but it could also be Spanish. And at my house there were two people speaking, now at my dad's (I brought it), the tlaking isn't nearly as loud, and it totally stopped even, though it gets louder too, but anyways it sounds like there's 3 people now. And if this is actually spirits, why would it play like 3 minutes of classical music? You think the spirits are just sitting in there, chatting with eachother all day? Sounds like a bunch of balony, because they don't even respond to me playing guitar. It definetly sounds like radio broadcast, though what's weird is I turned my volume lower and I could still hear them at their normal volume, though my amp probably just sucks ass and does that normally lol.

And no, I'm not going to make a shrine, that's just retarded.

Also, after you made your "shrine", do you still get the voices?

blizzard_beast 2005-04-01 19:21

April fools!! :rofl:
It's radio.

powersofterror 2005-04-01 19:45

I'm moving this to gear. :spider:

4d5e6f 2005-04-01 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
April fools!! :rofl:
It's radio.


Ack you got me!

So there's a transistor thing in there that recieves radio? Is there any way to change the station, or find what station it currently is on? And why the heck would an amp need a radio reciever?

BLS 2005-04-01 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
probably a radio station.

but this reminds me of a time..
this person had a powerful walkie-talkie and he was flipping through the channels, and he found a truckers radio frequency. It was pretty funny listening to their conversations. :p

This past week I have been traveling w/ a truck driver, helping him unload and such.. plus I'm thinking of becoming a truck driver. Anyways... CB Radio's kick ass!

Its so fun, its like a bunch of drunken rednecks just bitching about everything you can imagine. Truck stops are badass too.. everyone shows off their Rig's :cool:

Kylito 2005-04-01 20:36

All April Foolishness aside, there's no circuitry in a standard amp that could inadvertently demodulate FM signal, so you can discount cell phones, FM radio, etc... (not to my knowledge at any rate, please feel free to correct me if anyone has a technical explanation of how that could happen). Any of that shit would just sound like noise.

Amplitude modulated carriers can be demodulated naturally by any wires or current carrying structures that resonate at the carrier frequency. This includes AM radio, CB radio, Ham radio, possibly older cordless phones and other random consumer shit, and most importantly in your case Shortwave Radio. Shortwave radio is still in use for shit like "Voice of America" and a host of international stations all over the friggin' globe. You can easily pick up broadcasts from other continents depending on atmospheric conditions because that shit bounces off of the ionosphere and back to earth and back again, etc... Finding a german classical station on shortwave would be totally normal. :eek:

xdislexicx 2005-04-01 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
April fools!! :rofl:
It's radio.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
OOOHHHHHHH SNNNAP!

Meesh 2005-04-01 21:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
This past week I have been traveling w/ a truck driver, helping him unload and such.. plus I'm thinking of becoming a truck driver. Anyways... CB Radio's kick ass!

Its so fun, its like a bunch of drunken rednecks just bitching about everything you can imagine. Truck stops are badass too.. everyone shows off their Rig's :cool:


Lol. My dad is a truckie, he lives in Arkansas over there in the US of A, he tells me some cool stories of his travels, he actually rolled one of his trucks once, only thing that saved him was him not wearing his seatbelt as the roof got crushed to the seat and he rolled down to were the pedals are. Personally I'd fuckin hate drivin that much, he's got the full setup in the back fridge,bed, toilet, bitch, dog all that shit but I still wouldn't do it. Anyway your post just reminded me, thought i'd tell ya.

blizzard_beast 2005-04-01 21:58

Sitting on your ass all day. Think of the hemorrhoids!

Zertonshfits 2005-04-02 00:26

one time i plugged in at my school and the PA system came through the amp, it was really funny with the distortion on the voice sounded funny as hell.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:55.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.