MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Photoalbum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19566)

Bia 2005-03-30 18:33

Photoalbum

I'm a moron...I just posted this in the chitchat area Photoalbum thread......I should have posted here so I will now to keep it official....

To me...the photo album is one of the best threads on any forum.....however going through the pages there are dozens of random comment posts for every one photo......I still have to go pages back....just to find recent updates and search even harder when I start to notice a members posts more and am curious to find WHO they are....
.....one forum I visit has this format and it's great....one thread with 100% photos.......could/should this be done here?

Later and thanks to everyone submitting photos!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...fra/dformat.jpg

Bass_slapped_2_death 2005-03-30 18:46

yes. i am very busy and will be in hell for breakfast if you have any further question.

guitar_demon 2005-03-30 18:50

we tried before to make them pics only, but the attempt always failed

Quote:
yes. i am very busy and will be in hell for breakfast if you have any further question.

what the hell

Bia 2005-03-30 18:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
we tried before to make them pics only, but the attempt always failedl

That doesnt really make much sense.....if rules are laid out...most people will follow them....and those that dont....that's part of why we have moderators.

It's just common sense to me to have a photo only album.....but then again I do obsess over the oddest things.

guitar_demon 2005-03-30 19:00

well the mods went as far as to delete all the non photo posts, but then they wouldnt come around or just did do it, or they themselves would make comments so it just went right out the windo

i think nomad should put in a function so you can search for pictures? or maybe a feature like "search for all attached images by..." the same way we can do it for posts?

blizzard_beast 2005-03-30 19:07

Quote:
i think nomad should put in a function so you can search for pictures? or maybe a feature like "search for all attached images by..." the same way we can do it for posts?

Yeah that's a great idea GD
:beer:

Bia 2005-03-30 19:22

Quote:

Not a bad idea.....and would be better than the situation now.
I had to do this function to a photothread about a year ago....we had over 100 pages....15 posts per page and when I moved everything.....we had 14 pages of pure photos......it took me about 45 min with normal mod toolz and was worth every minute......the members loved it and respected the new rule.

DameFraMorkum 2005-03-30 20:58

1 Attachment(s)
A new photo thread so I figured I'd post this new picture here. Thanks Bia! :D

blizzard_beast 2005-03-30 21:03

Em, no. This isn't a photo thread. Remember this is the feedback forum.

LordofStorms 2005-03-30 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
A new photo thread so I figured I'd post this new picture here. Thanks Bia! :D

:love:

DameFraMorkum 2005-03-30 21:31

No. It's a photoalbum. I'm refusing to call it a feedback forum because I can't find the photo book. So there. I am making it a photo album.

guitar_demon 2005-03-30 21:35

photoalbum :p

DameFraMorkum 2005-03-30 21:37

Oh yeah well aren't you the little "I'm so smart I find EVERYTHING on metaltabs. Dame you're so duuummmmbbbbb." Yeah fuck you. :finger: :bawling:

guitar_demon 2005-03-30 22:18

well shit dude, it was about 5-7 threads down in chit chat did you even bother to look?

DameFraMorkum 2005-03-30 22:22

I just didn't see it in the New Posts.

guitar_demon 2005-03-30 22:27

oh your one of those people

Pandemonium 2005-03-30 22:54

There should just be an "Album" at the top, near the calender and members list. It would probably be a lot of work, but I know Tabcrawler has it. There, we just click on the "Album" button and there we see everyone's photos, just as they uploaded them. If you click on the photo, you see a description and comments other people made about the picture.

BeastOfCarrion 2005-03-30 23:07

People could also put their photo in the profile immage bit.

Drag the Waters 2005-03-30 23:08

Quote:
oh your one of those people

hahaha.. burn.

she's a cute one though.
;)

DameFraMorkum 2005-03-30 23:32

Thank you :D