MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vocal Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Open Face surgery - Cryptopsy (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19351)

warlock_freak 2005-03-24 08:08

Open Face surgery - Cryptopsy

this is by far the best display of vocal skills i have ever heard.

That Scream is insane. Did Lord Worm do it naturally?, or is it looped...

if he did it naturally, did he pass out at the end..no joke..its seems highly probable. i mean he screams as hard as he can for 26 seconds! whopping

Cryptopsy never cease to amaze me

Cloaca 2005-03-24 08:26

Real screams buddy. The Lord is one possessed motherfucker. Check the lyrics, they are ingenius. He can pull that big one off live too.

Necro_Butcher 2005-03-24 09:01

appearently on the new album there is gonna be a longer one

ChristianOrgasm 2005-03-24 20:04

I really think it IS hard to scream for that long, and that hard at the same time.

What I think will be easier but probably not better at all, would be to have the volume adjuster turned up as the loud scream dies, letting the voice fade, but the volume keep at its top. Actually heard that the vocalist from Veles did this back in their starting days.

Cloaca 2005-03-25 00:07

Lord Worm is not that much of a pussy. I'm offended that you think he does that.

ChristianOrgasm 2005-03-25 05:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
Lord Worm is not that much of a pussy. I'm offended that you think he does that.

I reckon that one's for me.

Well; read what I wrote, thoroughly. It was not meant for anyone in specific - only a simple technique.

Cloaca 2005-03-25 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianOrgasm
I reckon that one's for me.

Well; read what I wrote, thoroughly. It was not meant for anyone in specific - only a simple technique.

Fine. It seemed like you were hinting at Lord Worm though.

powersofterror 2005-03-25 10:13

That's crazy.....I could mmmaybe do a 10 second scream/growl. Then again, I practice singing not screaming...

andrewc 2005-03-25 20:41

woah i just got 26 seconds too :stoned: don't bother asking me to do it when you meet me though, pressure will shorten it.

Meesh 2005-03-28 07:33

Flo busts some wicked screams to I believe. Actually I thought pretty much all the high screams were Flo?. Did that cunt change his name or what? it suits him to well aye lol.

Cloaca 2005-03-28 07:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meesh
Flo busts some wicked screams to I believe. Actually I thought pretty much all the high screams were Flo?. Did that cunt change his name or what? it suits him to well aye lol.

A lot of the high screams are Flo, but not that Open Face Surgery one. Like We Bleed for example, he sings the second "We Bleeeeeeed!' bit that comes straight after DiSalvo's one. And Flo is short for Flourent.

EchoesOfDecimation 2005-04-02 13:39

Lord worm really does that no editing. Just saw him do it live. Phobophile has some vicious vocal skills in it.

Transient 2005-04-03 13:59

what do you mean just saw

did you see them april 2?

i was there

and boy, did he do it. AMAZING

BlackRoseImmortal 2005-04-19 15:47

I still can't decide who's better - Frank Mullen, Lord Worm or Jason Mendonca.

GUITARFETUS 2005-06-25 12:38

FRANK MULLEN.... i also saw lord worm do this live, it was so long, and it looked like he had to tinkle. and it was funny when the song was over he said "yes. it hurts every time i do that" it was funny. and mind blowing.

Medicine man 2005-06-25 14:49

Well, some time ago I saw the same question on unofficial Cryptopsy site. One guy said something like on Open Face Surgery LW is screaming normally and when he run out of air he Inhale and continue screming WHILE INHALING. It seemed to me impossible until I remember that it is Lord Worm. (btw I won't be suprised if I hear that he fly above the audience during the gig one day:D ) That men is sooo wierd ( positively) so that could be it. I don't see other explanation. It is defenitly impossible to scream for so long and do it normal way. I doubt if he usues some vocal effects.

GUITARFETUS 2005-06-25 17:27

i used this same technique when i tried to scream for 26 seconds, i screamed normaly until i ran out of breath then i inhaled, but the inhaling part isnt realy screaming, if you do it right it sounds like your screaming, i got pretty far, no 26 seconds but i think i got to about 16-19 seconds doing this, it sucked i felt like shit but it was almost close.

newHELLonEARTH 2005-07-02 22:34

did they use any effects in the scream at the starting of gravaged? (the ungentle version)? other then the crossfading from left to right.. cuz that sounds like screaming while gargling blood :p

aphotic 2005-09-27 04:54

yeah with practice you can breathe out your mouth and in your nose at the same time...dunno if this is possible while screaming your fucking lungs out :confused: ...but some people can just keep air circulating straight through without cease, or take more in in a short burst...its weird

autumncurve 2005-09-27 12:49

how the fuck is that even possible, surely your lungs physically cant do both...