MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   KEYBOARDS (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19280)

7-string warlord 2005-03-21 23:49

KEYBOARDS

Does anyone here think we need a keyboard forum?

Sam Hudson 2005-03-21 23:54

how many people here play keyboard?

andrewc 2005-03-21 23:56

this should be in feedback dude.

but, that said: i would love to have a keyboard forum (50% because i would most likely be made mod of it ;) ) but, the problem is there aren't many people that would use it, without some sort of advertising (i.e. bringing more keyboardists here, i thought i was the only one)

i for one, would love to have a keyboard forum. it may even break down some barriers. we have other instrument forums plus powertab forum....whadaya say nomad? (when one of the chit chat mods moves this)

Rapture 2005-03-21 23:59

i dont play keyboards, but i think its a good idea. i dont really care either way, but i say its only fair to all of the keyboardists

7-string warlord 2005-03-22 00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc
this should be in feedback dude.

Sorry.... did'nt know :( :behead:

Cloaca 2005-03-22 00:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
Does anyone here think we need a keyboard forum?

No.

SmotPoker 2005-03-22 07:01

I think that would be cool. I play a little keyboard myself and wuld be nice to get some tips and stuff from more expeirenced players.

shimbolla 2005-03-22 10:03

Just for another opinion, I happen to play the keyboard. I just don't do it with metal music. I use it's various sounds/instruments and it's programming abilities to play techno music. Yeah. Who in here likes techno? Probably only me, and I should be ashamed to say that. So personally, even though I play keyboard, I wouldn't find much out of a section for it because I don't play anything metal-related on it, and I'd have to agree with those that said not many of us play the keyboard in the first place. But, what the hell. You've got my vote for it. :beer:

Rapture 2005-03-22 12:59

but maybe, with the help of this new forum, you would find a way to effectively use keyboards in your music? you are looking for new kinds of metal, right?

shimbolla 2005-03-22 13:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture
but maybe, with the help of this new forum, you would find a way to effectively use keyboards in your music? you are looking for new kinds of metal, right?

Who me? eh...I don't know. I personally don't go for the whole keyboard-in-a-metal-song thing. I've made a spooky film score sountrack type of album with the keyboard. So using bits of that as intro's or whatever would probably be as far as I go. For some reason, when I think of keyboards in hard rock music, I think of the band "Orgy". :sickface:
But yeah, I think it could help alot of people like me looking to make some connections between genre's. And also, like smotpoker mentioned, people who do play the keyboard could find out better stuff that they wouldn't hear of on a non-metal site. It's definitely worth a shot! :beer:

guitar_demon 2005-03-22 15:03

nah we dont need one, i can think of only 5 threads max concerning keyboards, thats realy not enough for its own forum

powersofterror 2005-03-22 15:06

nope.....

brainsforbreakfast 2005-03-22 15:40

Wow... isn't there like... only 1 keyboard tab on the whole site?

BLS 2005-03-22 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
No.

L,B'XXX 2005-03-22 16:03

At my home away from here (tabcrawler) we had a keyboard forum and sometimes it went for ages without a post in it. What about a miscellaneous instruments forum? Anything not listed in the main forums being welcome there. Just a thought. Someone around here has to still play In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

shimbolla 2005-03-22 16:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
At my home away from here (tabcrawler) we had a keyboard forum and sometimes it went for ages without a post in it. What about a miscellaneous instruments forum? Anything not listed in the main forums being welcome there. Just a thought. Someone around here has to still play In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

I've done the organ version of in-a-gadda-da-vida, but find it much better with a band to play it metal style. So yep -- it's gone, but not forgotten. :)

And WHAT?! tabcrawler.com? They have a shitload of tabs, but...they still suck. And to consider it your home away from here...I thought I knew you! I feel used! :bawling:

Def 2005-03-22 16:27

Fuck no.

sissy instrument.