MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   This site has gone downhill (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18101)

Atheist 2005-02-13 11:57

This site has gone downhill

I realize all the bullsh*t advertisements are a part of funding this site but having to sit through and ad while you wait for a tab to load is crap.

Not to mention this site needs a server upgrade or something, it just seems to get slower each time I visit.

Just stating some opinions

BLS 2005-02-13 13:02

Then give Nomad some $... he does this for free.

DeathCS 2005-02-13 13:23

Its a little slow every once in a while, but thats mainly because my computer is gay.

guitar_demon 2005-02-13 14:41

i have never had this site go slow, its either A) up and fast or B) down, which is NOT often

and i have only had to wait very FEW times, but i do know what ads your talking about

LordofStorms 2005-02-13 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
Its a little slow every once in a while, but thats mainly because my computer is gay.

Same here,other than that I have not had any prob.

Rapture 2005-02-13 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Then give Nomad some $... he does this for free.

+1

Atheist, you're a cunt.

just stating some opinions

powersofterror 2005-02-13 17:06

This site is getting better every day.:beer:

ManOwaR 2005-02-13 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror

agreed.

fatdanny 2005-02-13 19:05

there is a skip button at the top of those ad pages...

Silent Night 6 6 2005-02-13 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror

Then it seems like more guys are doing the "I'M NEW!" thing more often lately.

MoonRaven 2005-02-13 20:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist
I realize all the bullsh*t advertisements are a part of funding this site but having to sit through and ad while you wait for a tab to load is crap.

Not to mention this site needs a server upgrade or something, it just seems to get slower each time I visit.

cunt

Dissection 2005-02-13 21:42

I've never had an ad popup. And as for the slow thing? That is definately your computer. So stop blaming everything on the site, and realize that NetZero takes a little onger to load, you twat waffle.

andrewc 2005-02-13 23:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture
+1

Atheist, you're a cunt.

just stating some opinions

told :D

Rapture 2005-02-14 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
I've never had an ad popup. And as for the slow thing? That is definately your computer. So stop blaming everything on the site, and realize that NetZero takes a little onger to load, you twat waffle.

lol, you said twat waffle. im using that.

andrewc 2005-02-14 01:36

hmm that didn't suffice now i think about it:

Quote:
This site has gone downhill

your incredibly tiny scrotum (resulting in testicles so small your sperm have to come out in single file) has gone posh, snob, blame-it-on-the-fucking-ads hoity toity up your arse and please excuse me for living.

just also stating some opinions.

nomad 2005-02-14 11:59

Quote:

When you go to a tab page you might see an interstitial and/or a pop-under ad. This ad is frequency capped so as to appear only once/24h. Also, there is a skip button on the interstitial ad as someone has already suggested.

There was an issue with the server a couple of weeks ago. Everything is working fine since then, moreover I tuned up the server to run even faster. I will upgrade it when the need arises, but now it is capable to handle 3 to 5 times the current traffic.

blizzard_beast 2005-02-14 15:35

You tell him Nomad! Ban his ass!

rabbifoodslicer 2005-02-14 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
You tell him Nomad! Ban his ass!

heh...o god.

do people just do this on purpose because after they say something important you never see a post by them in that thread again.

Nihilist 2005-02-14 17:27

Not sure. Either way, nomad has spoken - and I do believe it is time for us to stop replying.

Dissection 2005-02-14 17:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture
lol, you said twat waffle. im using that.

I'd prefer you didn't, to be honest. I'm quite tired of people taking everything funny that I say, and using it themselves. Sorry, mate. Use your imagination like I did.