MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drums Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Official Drum Media Thread (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18064)

The Execrator 2005-02-12 15:25

The Official Drum Media Thread

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread with clips of you or other people playing drums. I'll post an audio clip of myself playing a little later.
KRISIUN!
Hes using an electronic kit inside or a mall or something. It's pretty impressive.

MorbidGuitar 2005-02-12 23:14

pretty good video
i dont know if there are a whole lot of metal drum video's out there on the net though

The Execrator 2005-03-02 08:31

decrepit birth drummer videos

The Doctor 2005-03-02 13:40

all great stuff

The Execrator 2005-03-02 21:20

Yes. I was in school when i posted the vids so i didnt realy have time to say anything about them. Those are rehersal videos with their new drummer at the time. He just learned the songs so they were practicing them. The guitarist from the band actually posted those in the derekroddy forum.

jimmers 2005-03-11 06:39

With all the talk of triggers and whether or not they constitute cheating, I thought you might like to all take a look at this video and see if you think double pedals are cheating too.

eaterofthedead888 2005-03-11 10:39

Holy Shit!

The Doctor 2005-03-11 12:03

not very tight, but some sick rolls

The Execrator 2005-03-11 14:59

Hmm...

jimmers 2005-03-12 05:17

That's not me or anything, by the way. It's that Tim Waterson dude as far as I can tell.

The Execrator 2005-03-13 21:38

Yeah I think it said Tim or something on the video screen when i played it.

jimmers 2005-03-14 05:11

Actually, has anyone tried it? I'm completely piss-poor at double kick stuff, I started a couple of months ago, but I'm still finding it hard to get above constant (i.e. 2 minutes-worth) at 16ths @ 140bpm cleanly and nicely. Anyway, I tried that one pedal thing from the video and I swear I was faster than normal, although I wasn't measuring myself.

Shame it's completely impractical and ridiculous otherwise I'd play it all the time.

Har.

NZ black metal drumm 2005-03-17 18:52

http://138.188.230.124/Videos/buddyrichmuppet.mov

I finally found it, a video of the drum off between animal and the muppets and Buddy rich :vampire: :vampire: :vampire:

Enjoy

The Execrator 2005-03-17 20:31

Nice, i'll download it in school tomorrow!

The Execrator 2005-03-17 20:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmers
Actually, has anyone tried it?

I tried it after i watched the video but i didn't have any luck with it. I think it might be my spring tension.

Quote:
Har.

:rofl:

The Execrator 2005-04-29 14:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ black metal drumm
http://138.188.230.124/Videos/buddyrichmuppet.mov

I finally found it, a video of the drum off between animal and the muppets and Buddy rich :vampire: :vampire: :vampire:

Enjoy

Hahaha, that's cool. I swear i saw that video before. Can't remember though.

low-tech 2005-04-29 16:33

i randomly saw that entire episode while hanging out,bored in front of the TV years ago, that episode kicks so much ass, if you guys can get your hands on the entire episode buddy rich does rudiments on the muppets heads thruout a skit, its rules and yeah the drum battle is awesome<i cant load that video which is too bad>

rabbifoodslicer 2005-04-29 18:39

Quote:
With all the talk of triggers and whether or not they constitute cheating, I thought you might like to all take a look at this video and see if you think double pedals are cheating too.

SHIT THATS NOT BAD...IVE TRIED THAT BEFORE BUT NEVER WAS REALLY ABLE TO DO IT...TRIED IT WHILE I WAS DICKIN AROUND AT SCHOOL...

ONE THING IVE SEEN THAT IS PRETTY AWESOME IS THE DRUMMER SAT ON THE BASS DRUM AND PLAYED THE SET BACKWARDS (HEELS ON THE BASS PEDAL CLOSEST TO THE DRUM)...PRETTY DAMN GOOD TOO...

jimmers 2005-05-17 19:37

This probably doesn't quite belong here, but I don't know where else to put it. Don't really fancy starting a new thread just to get banned.

Read this. It's pretty long but well worth the time spent, I laughed like hell because so much of it is true and it pefectly describes lots of people I know. I especially liked the power metal section and the Kerrang kid one. (Dunno if you all have Kerrang or not - it's a magazine in the UK that used to be about metal but is now packed full of Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Kelly Osborne etc etc).

None of the things in those lists refer to me, obviously. They're about everyone else. Yeah.

Couple of examples:

Extreme metal - "43. Play only Axis bass drum pedals."
Hardcore - "40 When people ask you if you like a band always say 'I only like the old stuff'"
Power metal - "1. No matter what you do, you are gay." and "3. Never go outside carrying a sword."

You get the idea. Funny stuff.

The Execrator 2005-05-17 20:20

Hahaha, thats awesome. And how many pounds is 60kg?