MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Star Wars (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1656)

OpethRules 2002-05-18 20:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Freezer666
yeah its weird...
he crawls around with his cane then POOF jumps around everywhere...then back to the cane lol
maybe he hides his lightsaber up his [...] which makes him crawl around

yeah man that part is so funny. He alone makes the movie worth seeing. I thought it was a good movie, even though I wasnt crazy about the romance part of it. It's cool how they show glimpses of Anakin's evilness. We know in episode 3 he will go fully evil.

MetalPoldi 2002-05-19 08:08

Quote:
Originally posted by DissectedCarcas
kevin smith did
clerks, chasing amy, dogma, mallrats, and jay and silent bob stike back

Thanks, now i know again why i knew this name. Saw Clerks and Dogma. Nice movies.

I will definetly laugh about Yoda. But i hate this development with new technologies in the time before, like powersofterror mentioned. Itīs like the Neanderthales fly with ionic engines or warp-speed. OK, itīs fiction, but even there they can stick to fictional reality.

Freezer666 2002-05-19 09:57

natalie portman makes any movie worth seeing
*drools*

ScreemnDeemn 2002-05-20 15:22

yeah metalpoldi, that pissed me off too. in the first two episodes, every starship is sleek and hightech. i don't mind them taking advantage of modern technology over the technology from the original trilogy (it's actually good they did...:rolleyes: ) but they shouldn't make the ships faster and better than the classic trilogy...

jar jar---->:behead: :D

memnoch 2002-05-20 17:46

It's all about special effects now........just look at how long that stupid racing scene lasts in Episode 1....what was it, like 15 minutes? What's his face, the fat ass who created star wars......i saw an interview with him about Episode 1 and he said something like "i've always wanted to do a racing scene with those things, and now with computer graphics, we were able to!!" (that wasn't word for word.....actually far from that).

Slaytaniac 2002-05-20 18:07

Quote:
Originally posted by DissectedCarcas

and about sequels:
night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, day of the dead
best series ever

fuckyeah

You forgot:

Return of the living dead
Revenge of the living dead (basically return of the living dead 2, but whatever)
Return of the living dead 3

all the living dead movies are awesome

...also, in Return of the living Dead the movie is supposta take place in Louisville Kentucky, where I'm from, and at the end they drop an atomic bomb on Louisville to control the living dead infection!
:beer:

holding fears 2002-05-20 18:13

I don't mind them taking advantage of the technology, it makes the movie alot better, and the racing scene was gay, but it's Star Wars, George Lucas couldn't give half a shit if you don't like something he did, and everyone knows that (*cough* Jar Jar *cough*). BTW, in Episode II, Lucas showed why Jar Jar was in I and it was a big fuck you to the people who were saying "get Jar Jar out of there" because afterall he did give power to the dark side. And I seen an interview with him tlaking about the technology, he said it was one of the main reasons he started with the middle, because I, II, and III needed the technology, or something like that.

Anyone notice how all the critics were saying how the movie was bullshit, I think it was far from that (eventhough there were some shit parts: the chase scene etc.)

Slaytaniac 2002-05-20 18:20

Quote:
Originally posted by ScreemnDeemn
yeah metalpoldi, that pissed me off too. in the first two episodes, every starship is sleek and hightech. i don't mind them taking advantage of modern technology over the technology from the original trilogy (it's actually good they did...:rolleyes: ) but they shouldn't make the ships faster and better than the classic trilogy...

jar jar---->:behead: :D

You gotta think!

in the original starwars trilogy the rebels were getting their asses kicked by the dark side and since the darkside was taking over then the rebels had very little left over. So the ships they had in the original were left over peices of shit! Yeah the mellinium falcon was awesome but it was torn up and a peice of junk when han solo had it. I think in the episode 3 that they might show the mellinium falcon before it got old and torn up....anyway do you see what I'm saying, plus they just like toying around with special effects these days.

...also aren't they planning to make 3 more episodes (that take place after the original ones: 4, 5, 6,).....so it would the ( 7, 8, 9) episodes........if so that would be great!

holding fears 2002-05-20 19:36

Three more after these? No way, maybe one or two.
Why don't they go ahead and make one about how the republic formed :rolleyes: .

Actually that would be awesome, it makes room for alot of ideas, I can see it now. But what would it be called, they'd have to get into negatives.

Def 2002-05-21 13:48

I like the original series but the new one's are okay, I love the storyline actually and I wanna see yoda fight!! :D
making other parts after the two triologies would be cool if you ask me, but where the fuck should be the subject? han an leah married, emperor is destroyed, everybody's happy, what else?

powersofterror 2002-05-21 14:24

lol
theyd probably find another darth but this time maybe theyd
use a cool mask instead of gay makeup

memnoch 2002-05-22 10:22

Quote:
Originally posted by powersofterror
lol
theyd probably find another darth but this time maybe theyd
use a cool mask instead of gay makeup

Maybe you haven't noticed, but that was already done like 30 years ago.

powersofterror 2002-05-22 14:10

i know that...im just saying the phantom
menace with his makup was stupid
they need to make a new masked darth

Def 2002-05-23 03:12

maybe they can make a headless darth :)
or a darth with two heads and one leg. oh man they've probably got more imagination then me, so they'de better come up with something.
maybe luke gets married and gets a jedi son.
or maybe solo fucks leah and they get a jedi son (leah probably also has a high midichlorane level since she is luke's sister!)

powersofterror 2002-05-26 15:59

...yeah....just like the simpsons,.....theyll make up useless
pointless, crap where hey luke is also the father of the ewocks
and yeah even ononomous weddings

Def 2002-05-27 08:48

dude, that would totally fuck both triologies up!

powersofterror 2002-06-01 10:49

oh...dear.....god!!....i just saw episode 2 last night......
it was.....uh.....interesting.....and you're right whoever
said something about yoda.....if he was going to jump
around like a monkey he shouln't have had a cane at all

.....no....the classic episodes had just as much romance
as episode 2

Slaytaniac 2002-06-01 16:21

I just seen E-2 today and I think it's pretty fuckin awesome!

also about Yoda, think of it like this...
you know how the jedis like to conserve energy and use the force for only the most extreme occasions and shit...well yoda is a few hundred years old so he's all decreppid and shit but when in battle he uses the force to give him the strength that he needs..and during the battle you can tell that yoda is getting tired like in the close up shots of the face when they pause for a moment and talk...it all makes since..at least to me...

...anyway I only look for the good parts of movies....or songs or whatever..not the bad...and I also sorta go with the flow of whatever it is and let it make since for itself.

memnoch 2002-06-01 21:00

You don't make very much since yourself!:p

slayme_returns 2002-06-01 21:12

Attack of the Clones was awesome, right up there with the original trilogy. I dont hate any Star Wars movie but dont mind me 'cause I'm a fanatic.

I dont want to comment on anything else because you wont be interested.