MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Co-authors (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16548)

nomad 2004-12-20 11:13

Co-authors

I'm going to implement co-authorship in the near future, it seems there's demand for this feature.

Please post here your requests and ideas on how you think this should be done.

Thanks.

Def 2004-12-20 11:15

what are your plans for it?

as in co-authorship in tabs?

nomad 2004-12-20 11:33

The idea is to allow the authors to attach up to N (3?) co-authors to their tabs. It often happens that a tab is an effort of several people, either from the very beginning or as a result of corrections.

Co-authors will be listed on the tab page, they will also have a separate list of the tabs they co-authored on their member page. In addition they will get 50% of the tab's scores (the author will still receive 100% of the score).

This is just an idea, the purpose of this thread is to discuss it.

Def 2004-12-20 11:39

seems like a good idea, that way some really difficult songs can be tabbed by several persons at a time (as in small projects, which happen anyway)

So, one person signs in the tab and get the right to put in co-authors, that way there can't be any cheating and stuff! sounds like a good idea to me.

Transient 2004-12-20 16:47

onceyou do i have two sick gorguts tabs that i cleaned up

sweet silence and some other one

MetalThrashingMad 2004-12-20 16:56

Good idea, that would definately promote tab revisions/corrections.

Father Death 2004-12-20 19:56

seems good, it'll just be alot of extra work on your part Nomad. and you would have to look into every PT or GP file in the notes section or something to see if the file is original or not.

andrewc 2004-12-20 20:18

one way to not go about it, is to have both people submit it, that would create too much confusion.

what i think, is someone submits it, and they both (or all) put their metaltabs username in the transcription credit, then have under "tab author" on the tabs homepage, all of their metaltabs links. i've got a couple of dual tabs with transient, and a three-author tab. i hope i explained it clearly enough.

i'm for it.

andrewc 2004-12-20 20:21

one thing to consider is the rating system, how would that go about? would both/all users get the same vote rating?

BLS 2004-12-20 21:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc
one thing to consider is the rating system, how would that go about? would both/all users get the same vote rating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
Co-authors will be listed on the tab page, they will also have a separate list of the tabs they co-authored on their member page. In addition they will get 50% of the tab's scores (the author will still receive 100% of the score).

Reading is fun!

Cloaca 2004-12-21 04:33

Excellent Nomad, I'm all for it. Maybe the only thing i would change to your proposal is to have up to two AUTHORS, not just one AUTHOR and up to three Co-Authors. Hot spicy, this may solve our dilemma!

SuNioj0369 2004-12-21 15:39

I know Hot Spicy and PhillKilla would appreciate that for their Cannibal Corpse tabs.

hot spicy 2004-12-22 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
Excellent Nomad, I'm all for it. Maybe the only thing i would change to your proposal is to have up to two AUTHORS, not just one AUTHOR and up to three Co-Authors. Hot spicy, this may solve our dilemma!

Yep that would be very appreciated

philkilla 2004-12-22 09:53

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!

nomad 2004-12-23 15:45

OK, I will do up to 2 authors and up to 3 co-authors with points assigned as explained in my previous post.

If you have something to add, now's a good time. Next week I'm going to work on metaltabs fulltime (my boss is a saint :love: )

johnmansley 2004-12-23 17:14

Fucking hell! You get all the tabs processed and constantly upgrade the site with great features and you're managing to do all this on a part time basis?! Metaltabs is going to be the ultimate in tab sites when you start at it full time, Nomad.

:beer:

EDIT: Not that it isn't the ultimate anyway ;)

obrien20 2004-12-23 18:57

Great Idea!

Cloaca 2004-12-25 05:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
OK, I will do up to 2 authors and up to 3 co-authors with points assigned as explained in my previous post.

If you have something to add, now's a good time. Next week I'm going to work on metaltabs fulltime (my boss is a saint :love: )

You fucking legend.