MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16361)

Innards-Decay 2004-12-13 16:32

R.I.P. Chuck "Evil" Schuldiner...

I started listening to death even when i was still in my Nu-metal phase, back in '99, his music dragged from there and into the music i love now. Chuck is my primary influence in my playing, and everything he ever wrote is a testament to the level of greatness he achieved. Forever with me, and all true metal heads, Chuck.

Transient 2004-12-13 16:37

that website isnt in german and there appears to be nothing in the multimedia section

DeathCS 2004-12-13 17:10

well, he has someone new to jam with up there in heaven.
I've got symbolic going right now. Fantastic album.
Hope your still resting in peace.

guitar_demon 2004-12-13 17:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
that website isnt in german and there appears to be nothing in the multimedia section

well some of it is, and it is on a german server .DE
when you get into the multmedia section the options in the left change, there is definitally shit in there man

guitar_demon 2004-12-13 17:49

what the fuck is this shit??
http://www.anus.com/metal/about/met...schuldiner.html

younguitarist 2004-12-13 17:51

R.I.P chuck. It's time to listen to my symbolic album.

ShredIsNotDead 2004-12-13 18:20

Sound Of Perserverance is one of my favorite albums.

I love the riffs

R.I.P Chuck Shuldiner

Dyldo 2004-12-13 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon

Please, ignore that inane site. Any person that isn't bound by an anti-religious filter can see how big of a fucking idiot that person is, who wrote that article. The worst is them harrassing his mother.

I love you Chuck.

Transient 2004-12-13 18:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
well some of it is, and it is on a german server .DE
when you get into the multmedia section the options in the left change, there is definitally shit in there man

sorry, thanks

Dissection 2004-12-13 20:00

Fuck dude... I forgot all about that. I have the original Guitar World article about his death.

It still chokes me up when I think about how influential he was, and still is to me. God damn... 3 fucking years...

Rest in Fucking Peace, Man.

guitar_demon 2004-12-13 20:04

i have it too. when it came out I didnt know about death and a year or so ago i was flipping through it and found that and was like "WHOA! i cant believe they did someting about it"

Innards-Decay 2004-12-13 20:09

Fuck Anus.com man, that guy is no metal head by any stretch of the imagination, metal heads accept others for who they are despite religion. Fuck that guy, and double fuck him for harrassing Chucks mom. Are you still gone dissection?

DeathCS 2004-12-13 20:10

Lack of Comprehension is an amazing song.

Innards-Decay 2004-12-13 20:11

Yes, and the philosopher... Chuck never wrote a bad riff man.

guitar_demon 2004-12-13 21:22

lack of comprehension is probably one of my fav songs by death

Disincarnate 2004-12-14 05:04

listen to itp n symbolic all day long in coll today n ysterday

PST 88 2004-12-14 12:52

The anus.com article is fairly easily explained:

In extreme metal, there are only two cults of personality: Chuck and Varg. Now, if you're a politico-metalhead guro like Mr. Prozak or any of the other half-baked cunts who can only see metal in terms of a dark and nihilistic political movement, it should be obvious which of the two you prefer. Once you put non-musical considerations ahead of the music - such as the belief system of the songwriter - you're sliding down a slippery slope where you really can only like a small percentage of what's put out. Now, combine that with the fact that Prozak, like roughly half the Death fan population, obviously doesn't like the direction Chuck took following Human, and with the feeling we all get when we see someone we feel is overpraised, and you've got all the means and the motive.

On the other hand, in the terms the politico-nihilists have written themselves into, they can't simply passively dislike something that potentially affects people in a philosophical, or whatever, way, which brings us to something I said elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Death was probably the only notable and important metal band to really reflect Nietzsche's ideas well, and what does Schuldiner get from the metal nihilist society? Prozak harasses his mother immediately after his death.

If I'm right here - and I like to think that I'm always right - somebody like Chuck's a threat, either because he shows how full of shit these people are, or simply because the cross on the 't' in 'Death' is slightly higher on The Sound of Perseverance (interestingly he didn't jump on the fact that 'perseverance' is a term from Calvinist theology, since he seems to be grasping at straws to discredit Evil Chuck with the awful, awful sin of Christianity. Tool) cover than it was on the one for Leprosy. Either way, Chuck's one of the hugest figures in the metal underground - so much so that he bleeds over - and a figure many follow and respect, so if he's saying something other than - actually, opposite to - what these Metaller Than Thou fucks are preaching, he has to be taken down a peg or two, no? Death fans are in the same group the socio-politico-metalheads want to influence, so he's a viable and necessary target.

If you read the rest of the articles on that site (and I have), you'll find that SR Prozak, while claiming that nihilism is not about forcing things into rigid definitions, refuses to accept any music that doesn't fit his own rigid definition of what metal is. Which is fair enough for him, but you don't love music if 99% of it fails for you, and should probably turn to criticism of something else (his social commentary, while in my opinion overly ethnocentric, has a lot of good points to balance out the fuckheadedness, unlike most of his metal criticism). Or harass a mother that just lost her son to cancer about little nitpicks like where the cross on a 't' is; they're both good options.

Chuck still stings. December's the cruelest month.

Mordor 2004-12-14 15:08

R.I.P chuck :(

I bet he's ripping heaven up right now with Dime

lamb_of_god 2004-12-14 15:40

RIP Chuck

guitar_demon 2004-12-14 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
The anus.com article is fairly easily explained:....

haha i love it when people shred up other peoples arguments