MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Guitar Picks WE use :) (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16341)

arvina 2004-12-12 20:05

man i really want to play plectros!but i dont wanna order 'em

FearFrost 2004-12-12 23:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by younguitarist
Dunlop jazz III

Same, but I play thrash and death metal.

RIPDime 2004-12-12 23:54

Pic choice...

Dunlop Tortex or Fender .73mm (the yellow ones). I just play my own shit, heavy, progressive metal.

By the way, I don't know if I'm the only one but I start to lose some precision after they start to round off a little and have to go to a new pick immediately. So I get 2-3 days of practice / play if I'm lucky before I gotta go to a new pick.

LOL, unless I can't find any and then I check in the couches, under end tables, drawers, and wherever else until I can find some old rounded off, worn down yellow. That's happened a few times. Even been desperate enough for a pick a time or two that I used the little piece of plastic that used to come on the bread bag. Sigh. Where have all the good times gone? ;)

Seve420 2004-12-13 00:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
dunlop nylons 1mm only
death-thrash stuff

http://www.george-music-shop.de/web...nlop_nylon1.jpg

Same here. I tend to chew up softer picks and these stay together fine and very comfortable.

I've been meaning to try out Jazz III's but haven't gotten around to it.

blindvomit 2004-12-13 00:20

Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm, purple. Best pick in the world, I play heavy-metal and death-metal.

Slabbefusk 2004-12-13 10:05

Dunlop Jazz III's.

Thrash, and thrash :p.

obrien20 2004-12-13 10:35

Jim Dunlop Jazz III.

Death Fuckin' Metal.

BEHEMOTH 2004-12-13 10:50

Now i use a tortex, too. And a friends groups custom picks.

I used tu use teckpick metal picks, but there were harder and my guitar knows that, because it has a lot of pick marks.Now I use it in the keys :idea:

guitar_demon 2004-12-13 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seve420
Same here. I tend to chew up softer picks and these stay together fine and very comfortable.

haha me too, i chew em and will use the same pic for months, its like they just dont ware down

HermanRi! 2004-12-13 15:33

i use a red dunlop jazz III, the small ones

for those of you who think that the jazz III are too small, get the xl versions

AR15 2004-12-13 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
for those of you who think that the jazz III are too small, get the xl versions

No shit, I didn't even know they made an XL Jazz III.
Gonna have to track one of them down.

metal=life 2004-12-13 20:44

JAZZ IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

best pick EVA!!!

I play Death/Grind/Blues/Shred/IcedEarth/Bodom/WOoHOoooooooo

metal=life 2004-12-13 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15
No shit, I didn't even know they made an XL Jazz III.
Gonna have to track one of them down.

XL Sucks! WOOOOOHOOOOO :scatter:

seriously they blow

blizzard_beast 2004-12-13 20:57

Wow the Jazz 34? never heard of it is it any good? :p

DeathCS 2004-12-13 21:12

I had been playing the 3mm 'big stubby'. I thought it was pretty good until I picked up one of my many Jazz IIIs, damn, those are much better.
The red ones kick the black ones asses. Black ones give you bad tone :p

philkilla 2004-12-13 21:16

you guys know anything about those Dunlop Ultex picks?

poultonjoe 2004-12-14 03:36

yeah, our other guitarist uses them! not bad, but from using plectros, any other type of pick i use i always use the more rounded bit of the pic :rolleyes:

quite annoying really.

cxmachine 2004-12-14 04:19

i used to use the green tortex but i have since moved onto clayton picks, i got these oens with flames on them, i don't know much else about it as i stole them from my old man. they have such an awesome feel i'll never use anything else again.

i play everything but my main band is doom/melodic death/straight metal

genocide circus 2004-12-14 04:19

i dont even know what kind of pick i use.. its a Gaytyricon logo'd black pick that says Volcano, In Stores Now! that probably came from the package of the album of the same name. some dude who wears fishnet shirts and anal penetrated himself with a microphone (which is a story beyond the scope of this post) left it laying around the band practice shed. I found it and started playing (yeh i washed it first, you cant be too careful), its turned out to be my favorie pick. its probably made of some shizy non guitar pick material and not meant to be used, but damn if it doesnt work pretty good. I've got the standard 1mm and .88 dunlop nylons and .88 and .73 tortex and a 3mm little stubby but I keep using this one.

cxmachine 2004-12-14 04:28

anally penetrated with a microphone huh? i think thats a story to go put in the RTT i wanna hear this, as disturbing as it may be