MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drums Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Iron Cobra Double Pedals (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16073)

The Execrator 2004-12-02 16:44

Iron Cobra Double Pedals

Im probably going to get one pretty soon. For the people that own one, what do you think about it. And for the people that dont have one, what have you heard about it.

NZ black metal drumm 2004-12-03 05:40

I have played on them, they are okay pedals, but my Longboards smoke them, they feel heavier than the longboards and not as responsive, but they are good pedals, just I would suggest getting longboards as I feel they own everything.

but remember when buying pedals make sure you try EVERYTHING within your price range, and make sure you get pedals that suit YOUR playing, because my playing is probably completely different to your playing.

The Execrator 2004-12-03 15:41

Thanks. What do you mean by they feel heavier than longboards? I have read that about them before. Do you mean the pedal itself is heavy or it feels heavy when playing with it. Im probably going to get axis pedals sometime in the future but i dont have the patience to save up for them now. It would probably be worth it but i cant go to much longer with the pedal i have now. I need something new!

SixfeetUnder420 2004-12-03 16:15

I have a iron cobra. I've had it for about 2 years and I like it alot. I havent played that many double pedals, but out of the ones I have played I like the Iron Cobra the best. It is real smooth to play on and I can go pretty fast on it. I would suggeest getting one, but you should check out what else is out there.

NZ black metal drumm 2004-12-04 22:41

erm the pedals are physically heavier and the feel of the pedal is heavier, eg the effort required to depress the pedal is greater than the longboards, also the longboards (because of the direct drive) have alot more response or feel in the pedal, but I know many people who swear by cobras as a mid/top range pedal

Axis is more the absolute top end pedal

Innards-Decay 2004-12-05 17:15

axis is the only brand that i know of besides DW9000s that makes pedals in the 500-600 range.

arvina 2004-12-05 18:32

man i love those dw9000, but the 5000s are good too.theres 2 models of 5000. i dont remember the names, but if you get the 9000 you get both models or somet like that

The Execrator 2004-12-05 19:42

I fuckin hate DW pedals. Axis is so much better.

NZ black metal drumm 2004-12-06 06:02

^^^ amen, I have never understood what is so great about DW pedals, I mean they are nice and all, but they are not anything 'soecial' and certainly not special enough for the fuck off prices they ask, I mean you can't even split the double into 2 singles, which for a pedal of that price is fucking ludicrus!!!

The Execrator 2004-12-06 20:08

Yes, that is messed up that they dont split into 2 pedals. I think was a realy good idea for axis to do that. Even if i played 2 bass drums, i would buy the axis double pedal knowing that if i ever didnt have enough room to bring my second bass drum anywhere, i could make a double pedal with it.

NZ black metal drumm 2004-12-08 20:52

that is exactly what I did, but now I have it as 2 singles.

The Execrator 2004-12-13 14:15

I just got my iron cobra double pedal yesterday and its pretty cool. I sold my other double pedal on ebay so i got this as an early christmas present. Its so much easier to play fast now. I read somewhere that its supposed to feel more like your playing on 2 bass drums than some other pedals. I dont know if im setting something up wrong but the front pedal definatly has alot more controll that the other one. But its still good. Im looking forward to jamming with it.

inside-my-shell 2005-01-09 00:25

I used to want iron cobra pedals, But then I got introduced to pearl eliminators and i've been using them ever since...

The Execrator 2005-01-09 00:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by inside-my-shell
I used to want iron cobra pedals, But then I got introduced to pearl eliminators and i've been using them ever since...

I was just reading your tab for Bloodline and saw your user name and didnt recougnize it. Then i saw that you posted in this thread lol. I heard alot of good things about the pearl eliminators but it seems like they were designed after the DWs

Lord.Worm 2005-01-09 08:51

A friend of mine plays IC since 3 years and he said that the Eliminators are much better.
Im going to save some money for new footpedals but I really have to try out what are better...for me... :idea:

Def 2005-01-09 09:00

a drummer I know plays iron cobra's, I've played them too and they're nice. our own drummer uses a DW pedal, with those red baseplates, and it just plays more light somehow. I don't know jackshit about drums, but even I noticed that.

Innards-Decay 2005-01-09 13:57

I think thats the 9000 series.

Def 2005-01-09 14:00

http://www.grandmas.com/store_images/DW5002AD3Pedal.jpg

thats it, or well. I think it is.

The Execrator 2005-01-09 15:22

If im not wrong, all dws have the red heel plates.

Innards-Decay 2005-01-09 15:25

Hmmm, i dont know, but the 9000 is almost the same price as an Axis, and youd be better off getting an axis anyway.