MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gear & Recording (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best Metal Pedal (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16035)

HYPOCRISY 666 2004-12-01 02:43

Best Metal Pedal

I was wondering what is the best metal pedal you think there is.
I have a metal zone and I totaly love it but I hear alot of bad things about it?
So what do you guys have in mind?
Im into cannibal corpse, black metal and of course death metal
:flame: :uzi:

Amon rA 2004-12-01 07:23

dod death metal distortion

xdislexicx 2004-12-01 10:24

i hate the dod death metal.... and the digitech reissue of it.... they're so limiting... no gain control... and noisey as hell.

the digitech metal master is also a no go, it has no fucking mid control, which can make or brake your tone.

i also dislike the mt-2... it can sound very thin...but at least you can control your complete eq'ing.

i like the proco rat's, the mesa pedals are also nice... and i love the big muff's but only with a good amp and some sort of eq.
the akai shred o matic is often overlooked and so is the guyatone metal monster...

obrien20 2004-12-01 10:32

whooo! :eek: , another thread about Pedals!

whorever, Mt-2 are fine for me, for instance, i'm just waiting to win some big money and buy a great Tube Head, but for know, Mt-2 are fine!

MetalThrashingMad 2004-12-01 10:49

look here

http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15499

BLS 2004-12-01 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
i hate the dod death metal.... and the digitech reissue of it.... they're so limiting... no gain control... and noisey as hell.

STFU FEGGIT T3H DOD DETAH METAL DISTORTIONZ IS FUCKIGN BR00TAL!V :kaioken:

:rolleyes:

Tattered 2004-12-01 15:18

Hahaha, yeah you tell 'em BLS.

I personally prefer the Mt-2 chunky ass sound.

Anything that Boss makes will float my boat.

Slabbefusk 2004-12-01 15:20

The Boss Mega Distortion works kinda good for me, the eq section could be better but I wouldnt say its thin, just a bit muddy but what do you expect from a pedal.

cxmachine 2004-12-01 15:56

i'll go with my digitech metal master, i know i know no mid control, and no gain, but frankly the morph is just a renamed gain knob, and i use my amps middle to control it. it takes more tweaking but i get a pretty good sound out of it. even better now with a noise gate and an eq

Necro_Butcher 2004-12-01 16:16

line 6 dm4

DeathCS 2004-12-01 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPOCRISY 666
I was wondering what is the best metal pedal you think there is.
I have a metal zone and I totaly love it but I hear alot of bad things about it?
So what do you guys have in mind?
Im into cannibal corpse, black metal and of course death metal
:flame: :uzi:

If you like it, then who cares? Just, one day you'll out grow it and want something better.

xdislexicx 2004-12-01 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
STFU FEGGIT T3H DOD DETAH METAL DISTORTIONZ IS FUCKIGN BR00TAL!V :kaioken:

:rolleyes:

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

xdislexicx 2004-12-01 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro_Butcher
line 6 dm4

not bad when used with an amp that has a good clean... my main beef with the line modeling pedals, they color tone so much, damn non true bypass units anyways.

some don't mind, but i don't like it when i bypass a unit and it still affects my tone..

guitar_demon 2004-12-01 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatter3d

Anything that Boss makes will float my boat.

ditto

i have a mt-2 (retired) i liked it, a freind has the dod death metal i didnt care for it, but i didnt really get to play with it too much. the mt-2 is kinda thin and you definitally cant get no atomic death metal uber heaviness with it but its still better then most small amps distortions

MetalThrashingMad 2004-12-02 17:46

Err, dumb question here, if you put your mt-2 on like 10 does it hurt your tube amp in any way? When I dont use my noise supressor I cant even use my mt-2 because its so noisy, just wondering if it damages my head/tubes.

BLS 2004-12-02 17:57

It will damage the tone...

MetalThrashingMad 2004-12-02 18:09

I figured that you'd say that, the tone is like Hobbs's on Pierced from Within. Fuzzy. Actually its on about 7-8. I was just curious, Mr. Smarty-Pants.

brainsforbreakfast 2004-12-02 18:57

tonaly, I like my bigg muff pi pedal. Though it reaaaaly needs an seperate eq pedal (wich i don't have at the time) and its lacking a bit in gain.
It's also missing "chunkiness" (try palm muting using a muff pedal. You'll know what i mean)

The mt-2 sucks tonaly, but it's not hard to play metal on it.

xdislexicx 2004-12-02 19:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsforbreakfast
tonaly, I like my bigg muff pi pedal. Though it reaaaaly needs an seperate eq pedal (wich i don't have at the time) and its lacking a bit in gain.
It's also missing "chunkiness" (try palm muting using a muff pedal. You'll know what i mean)

i think the big muff is super heavy with a boss ge-7... it's also really heavy on it's own, but limiting in the eq area...

Poof Daddy 2004-12-02 20:17

how can so many of you even tolerate the sound of crap like a metal zone? Save some money and get a tube amp off ebay. You can get a cheap old peavey tube head for a few hundred and it will sound infinitely better than an mt2.