MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   new section? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15861)

guitar_demon 2004-11-23 22:03

new section?

as i sit here many a night and surf the screen of green i often contemplate what could make this emerald bueaty even more so.
the lightning that flows from mj°llner true and strong has struck down on my brain so i now stand before thee oh nomadic one infinite ruler of all prestine and I a mere tabber of the metal besetch thee to hear our pleas and cries and to lend a moment of your untouchable time. if you make a section dedicated to theory and the in-depth of knowledge of music there will be much rejoicing and once again this emerald isle we have come to call metaltabs will be full and complete, the one known as powersofterror seems a worthy canididate out of us to rull over such a place in the light of your absence.
i offer this sacrifice as a gift and await your answer :behead:

its not that big a deal just thought it might be cool to have but i guess the threads could just go into guitar/bass forums?

andrewc 2004-11-24 01:21

mr cat avatar guy, that shall persuade the great nomad I to adhere to your request...

seriously thats not a bad idea :idea:

Cloaca 2004-11-24 01:37

I never thought I'd say this but BRING ON THE THEORY!

Infinity 2004-11-24 05:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
as i sit here many a night and surf the screen of green i often contemplate what could make this emerald bueaty even more so.
the lightning that flows from mj°llner true and strong has struck down on my brain so i now stand before thee oh nomadic one infinite ruler of all prestine and I a mere tabber of the metal besetch thee to hear our pleas and cries and to lend a moment of your untouchable time. if you make a section dedicated to theory and the in-depth of knowledge of music there will be much rejoicing and once again this emerald isle we have come to call metaltabs will be full and complete, the one known as powersofterror seems a worthy canididate out of us to rull over such a place in the light of your absence.
i offer this sacrifice as a gift and await your answer :behead:

its not that big a deal just thought it might be cool to have but i guess the threads could just go into guitar/bass forums?

WTF, but yeah :D

lamb_of_god 2004-11-24 17:10

I'm gettin' horny just thinking about it.

That's a great idea!!!!

guitar_demon 2004-11-24 17:12

wow i didnt really think anyone would give a fuck about it, who all here knows a decent amount of theory? im taking a class right now and im getting a fucking A+ no shit :)

lamb_of_god 2004-11-26 02:19

I know a good amount of theory. None of my friends here do though, so it's quite depressing sometimes.

I think a theory section would be a beautiful addition, and I would be sure to visit there and help everyone who needs help. It would probably be my favorite section if it were made.

nomad 2004-11-26 04:05

OK, I made a poll on this.

lamb_of_god 2004-11-26 04:10

Thank you, oh wise and glorious one.

Soulinsane 2004-11-26 04:17

I feel that I can always learn much more about theory seeing as I just kinda pick up the terminology and ideals here and there. I mostly just practice, trying to make things work together, only later learn that someone else figured it all out 600 years or so earlier. I say bring it on.

johnmansley 2004-11-26 08:21

I think that it will be a good idea because theory encapsulates so much and a simple sticky thread in the Guitar Forum could not give it the attention it warrants. The new forum could provide more specific threads and allow people to really learn what they want to learn. I say yes.

guitar_demon 2004-11-26 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
OK, I made a poll on this.

...where?

EDIT...oh...nvm im a dumbass

MetalThrashingMad 2004-11-26 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb_of_god
I'm gettin' horny just thinking about it.

:confused: :sickface:

Yea, I think that'd be great. More people would talk theory if we had a seperate section for it. Look at Vocal Zone, that worked well.

guitar_demon 2004-11-26 19:43

haha im listning to tnt and ur avatar is punding to the beat...

anywho
i think it would be good, cause people would be able to write better aswell. im not saying that you need theory to write good but its another weapon in the arsenal

Dystopia 2004-11-27 02:12

I LOVE that idea. I visit the guitar/drum/vox section quite a bit, but I would check out the theory section everytime I came here! Actually I would prolly be lazy and glance at it every now and then, hopefully not. I voted yes.

Sure would be nice if my internet was up by the time it gets put up.

guitar_demon 2004-12-01 10:08

so nomad whats the verdict?

nomad 2004-12-01 11:04

I'll add the new forum, give me a week...

Tattered 2004-12-01 15:05

Sounds good, i know fuck all about theory, i never really listened to my music teacher, and he was really coked up, and never got it through to us, all i really cared about in music class was the practical stuff ..

So yes this would help, good idea.

lamb_of_god 2004-12-01 15:57

Thank you so much Nomad! :)

MoonRaven 2004-12-01 19:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
wow i didnt really think anyone would give a fuck about it, who all here knows a decent amount of theory? im taking a class right now and im getting a fucking A+ no shit :)

i took music theory 1 and 2 my freshmen year of highschool, im a senior now, so i can remember a bit of it.