MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   newb threads (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15816)

andrewc 2004-11-23 00:56

newb threads

what do you reckon we put chris rezendes' newb thread on a homepage? or at least one in every zone?

sorry about all the newb-bashing threads i start here, but i got on a roll in slayerdude's thread in chit chat and i cant break a promise....

what do you think?

Cloaca 2004-11-23 01:08

I don't think it's making much difference, I doubt many newbs would look at that thread. I guess it couldn't hurt though.

BLS 2004-11-23 01:24

Newbs are Newbs...

lamb_of_god 2004-11-23 01:43

You can't stop them. Just got to put up with them until they stop being douches. You can, but it would be pointless. I think in the posting rules at the bottom, so long as you're a New Blood, it should have those rules put in there as well. That might do something.

Cloaca 2004-11-23 06:03

Or how about for new bloods, the rules flash very quickly on the screen every 10 seconds when they're on any metaltabs page. Do it subliminally..... I've got to go buy a coke now.

MetalPoldi 2004-11-23 10:30

These "newbie-rules" should appear in huge red letters when they register.

Def 2004-11-23 10:42

fuck em up verbally and close their threads?

The Doctor 2004-11-23 10:53

second

lamb_of_god 2004-11-24 16:22

That'll do it.

DeathCS 2004-11-24 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
fuck em up verbally and close their threads?

Third

MoonRaven 2004-11-24 17:13

that works, but then they bitch and moan, and its rather annoying, i agree with putting the newb rules up when the sign up for the site, but with a twist, make them agree to it somehow, forcing them to read it, and threatening with immediate banning

lamb_of_god 2004-11-24 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
that works, but then they bitch and moan, and its rather annoying, i agree with putting the newb rules up when the sign up for the site, but with a twist, make them agree to it somehow, forcing them to read it, and threatening with immediate banning

That works too, it would clear out all the idiots, though it does seem a bit unfair. All well! :beer:

andrewc 2004-11-25 08:19

Quote:

that DOES seem a little rough but fair.

do you mean like www.worldsmostannoyingwebpage.com where they just flash up again and again?

agree to rules
really agree to rules?
read the rules, then agree to it.
read it yet?
you didnt did you. read again.

and so on. :p

Def 2004-11-25 12:29

Quote:

true, but does it bother you that much? enjoy it and be sure to have a good laugh about them.

we're not like a nazi death camp or something.

Rapture 2004-11-25 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc
do you mean like www.worldsmostannoyingwebpage.com where they just flash up again and again

i fucking hate you. i clicked on that, cunt

guitar_demon 2004-11-25 19:57

...i did to

Severed_Head_Stoner 2004-11-25 21:05

Yeah, fucking noobs :(

andrewc 2004-11-30 07:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar demon
...i did to

lmao. well done. i did warn you though you really pulled yourself into it ;)

...maybe i should stop posting shitty links before i pull a carnivorouswind.

G_urr_A 2004-12-05 09:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331

Eh? What was the problem with that site? I guess I'm missing out on something using Opera and its' popup blocker.

lamb_of_god 2004-12-05 12:32

I think we should have a video that shows a noob gettin' a curby. Like, have guys wearing like Slayer and Morbid Angel shirts standin' in a circle talkin' about metal. and then have a dude in a Slipknot shirt walk up and say, "Hey guys!" And then the cool dudes beat the crap out of him and give hima curby, and then a message pops up that says, "DON'T BE GAY!" Make them watch that while signing up, it would be hilarious.