MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official Post your songs/riffs thread. (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15675)

younguitarist 2004-11-21 22:03

There i finished it :vampire:

MoonRaven 2004-11-24 15:15

i just got this last nite, so check it out

Innards-Decay 2004-11-24 15:32

1 Attachment(s)
the newest version of the last song...

MoonRaven 2004-11-24 16:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by younguitarist
There i finished it :vampire:

that has some potential, i like it, those parts with the rests in them, those need to be redone, they dont fit.

lamb_of_god 2004-11-24 16:33

This is perfect!!!! I wrote a song yesterday that's real mathy and dissonant. I was gettin' ready to record it, and since I lack a drummer, was gonna use MIDI drums (ewww). I put the whole thing in MIDI. I'll post it later, I'm not on my home computer. I do that with all my songs, so I'll post a bunch, I do demand opinions!!!! Criticism can be so helpful.

Also, this is a great thread. It should be a sticky thread, like the sweeps and pinch harmonic threads!

younguitarist 2004-11-24 16:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
that has some potential, i like it, those parts with the rests in them, those need to be redone, they dont fit.

Ok man ill fix them shitty rest. hehehe it's kinda funny because my soundcard
program doesnt work (creative live series) so i can't hear the song but i just play them and put them down on powertab.

lamb_of_god 2004-11-25 00:17

READ THIS!

:birthday: 400TH POST! :birthday:

I only have powertab, so I'll give my opinion on the last two. I'll try to provide a positive and a negative for each.

yougguitarist: That was pretty damn good. I liked it, thought it all went well together. It could get kind of boring to some people I think though.

MoonRaven: Rather clever and catchy. It needs more though, which I'm sure you had planned.

Now for mine. I called it math-metal cuz that's what it sounds like to me, not that it's technical, just very dissonant. For some reason it won't load the full MIDI version, so here's everything, minus the drums. Please, criticize! It will help me in my songwriting skills.

SmotPoker 2004-11-25 10:31

heres one thats not finished yet

younguitarist 2004-11-25 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb_of_god

Please, criticize! It will help me in my songwriting skills.

I tried playing it and its too fast! It's pretty cool...although some parts were repeated too many times. That solo at the end was pretty cool. good job

Bo-Dom 2004-11-25 17:44

1 Attachment(s)
New song that I am working on called Death Plateu, i think its going pretty well not much done but I will show anyway, please dont use my riffs. This took long enough to think of something to sound good.

younguitarist 2004-11-25 18:58

and another..

lamb_of_god 2004-11-26 00:49

Thanks for the criticism! Here's what I thought of the last three:

smotpoker: Excellent job! I liked it a lot. It's very melodic but you still want to move when you hear it. Bad things? It might be hard to put vocals on top of that if you wanted to.

Bo-Dom: Also quite excellent. Needs more, but as with MoonRaven, I'm sure you were planning on that.

younguitarist: Very good indeed. I'm enjoying your style very much for the constant playing, with few breaks. It's very intense. (In case that wasn't clear, I meant it in a good way.) However, I still think it could use more.

This is VERY satisfying. I expected to find at least one hunk of crap, but everything's been good so far! Rock on folks! :)

I'm lookin' on my hardrive for some old ones right now.

briyo2289 2004-11-26 14:17

1 Attachment(s)
hey i wrote this riff and it isnt menacing enough. It sounds terrible on powertab but it sounds really cool with the distortion (its really thrashy) i have does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it like either darker or more complex or any thing.

also does anyone else get pissed because because your positive that iron maiden has already used every riff ever.

briyo2289 2004-11-26 14:19

power tab instructions?

does any one know how to got like instructions or anything for power tab? doe it already come with the program and im just retarded and cant find them?

Def 2004-11-26 14:32

At A Glance - number 5 with a bullet At A Glance - number 5 with a bullet

unfinished song, bit rough, no vocals etc. but its has a nice concept. at least I like to think so ;)

lamb_of_god 2004-11-28 01:27

briyo2289 - To make it sound more dark, try changing the key and playing it lower, or you could try trilling the minor third of each note not palm-muted, I think it would sound real cool then. And no, don't have that Iron Maiden problem.

Def - DAMMIT I WANT TO HEAR YOURS! But this comp sucks, I can't download anything too large, it'll take forever. I'll try and then post if I get it.

lamb_of_god 2004-11-28 01:48

I just realized that in a previous post, I said I lack a drummer. What I meant was that his kit isn't here and there's no mics here to record them with, I plug direct when I record.

Def - That was cool. That last little part where it gets kinda softer is really cool and catchy, overall I liked it, wouldn't change a thing if I were you. Liked the drums too, I wish my drummer could do that. He doesn't understand the concept of half time. Whenever I try to get him to change the drums behind a riff, he plays something entirely different, when I mean to slow it down. He also gets thrown off when he does fills and throws them in at spots where it sounds bad. If he could learn that the insturments need to relate to each other in a way, and learn his place, all would be good. He has the skill, just needs to use it properly.

Sorry about that, my drummer sometimes distresses me. That was awesome Def!

SmotPoker 2004-11-30 02:56

im going through pretty much the same thing as you with my drummer. i've always found it hard to get a good drummer

lamb_of_god 2004-12-01 16:02

Don't it suck SmotPoker?

Haven't found any. Very strange, I almost always put them in to MIDI. I'll make some for these 3 new songs I wrote when I'm home again.

Bo-Dom 2004-12-03 11:40

1 Attachment(s)
Listen to this iv been working on, lots of double bass! Has bass, drums, guitar 1, guitar 2 :) Tell me what you think, i love it personally hehehe!!

Its not finished btw, the song catergory is like metal/hardcore style.