MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Halo2 (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15450)

Samad 2004-11-09 18:29

Kill me now Halo2 is out

As you all know Halo2 is out and every video game nerd is obsessing over it including the other guitarist in my band. I am now left to write everything in the band as well as his parts. I was thinking that I should just kill him and get a new guitarist because he's going to lose all of his chops. I admit I played it too but I keep my priorities straight and I care more about metal than video games. So what is the best way from me to encourage him more?

P.S. We weren't even getting along this past week before halo2 came out over practice/writing issues

younguitarist 2004-11-09 18:34

theres another thread with the SAME title..

MetalThrashingMad 2004-11-09 18:36

dumbass

Samad 2004-11-09 18:47

Hey I changed it, I just wondering if any of you idiots actually see the tragedy that so many grown people would go crazy over a video game! :sickface:

BeastOfCarrion 2004-11-09 20:12

Yes, i agree that it sucks when people prioritise little things higher than band, especially if you only practice for a couple of hours every wee, and they seem to find some reason to miss it once every 3 weeks.

Samad 2004-11-10 09:22

Metalthrashingmad is probably playing halo2 right now, :behead: This is a metal forum not a whining contest. :bawling: Like everyone else has been saying, if you don't have anything relative to post on the thread then keep it to yourself FF!

Disincarnate 2004-11-10 11:24

2 halo2 threads at the same time :rolleyes:

Sodomaniac 2004-11-10 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samad
As you all know Halo2 is out and every video game nerd is obsessing over it including the other guitarist in my band. I am now left to write everything in the band as well as his parts. I was thinking that I should just kill him and get a new guitarist because he's going to lose all of his chops. I admit I played it too but I keep my priorities straight and I care more about metal than video games. So what is the best way from me to encourage him more?

P.S. We weren't even getting along this past week before halo2 came out over practice/writing issues

1. Don't kill him !
2. This freaks play such a game in 5 completely through! After that, he will come back.
3. You could post your comment in the first halo2 thread like all the other guys. Don't open a new thread for that ...

johnmansley 2004-11-10 14:58

Quote:
This is a metal forum not a whining contest.

True, but it's also not a stupidity contest nor a contest in who can read thread titles. It's called etiquette and repeat threads contravene all known international forms of it, including the rather obscure Patagonian variety which prevails in small pockets of South America. See, even the technological luddites inhabiting rural Argentina don't post an exact copy of another soul's thread - it just isn't cricket, dear boy.

Now, if you have anything relative to say about Halo 2, I suggest you saunter over to the other thread because this one will more than likely be closed before the werewolves return to human form.

Transient 2004-11-10 16:02

i just rented this..havent played it yet. looking forward to it

Samad 2004-11-10 17:15

This thread is about how stupid it is to spend your time drooling over a video. This thread was not put here to celebrate such a tiny event as Halo2 or any other stupid game that you are supposed to play in your free time, not all the time. :angry:
P.S. If you have something good to say about halo2 don't post it here.

Transient 2004-11-10 18:23

ill post what i want, and this game rules. i dont like you coming on here and being bossy, this is the second time ive seen you do it. you arent incharge of anyone. this thread is called halo 2 and im going to talk about it.

theres an awesome level where you drive a tank across a bridge, really cinematic. the soundtrack is good too, full orchestra and that kind of thing. the ground combat is a bit tedious, but all in all there is no excuse for you not renting this game

Rapture 2004-11-10 18:33

yea, i like it. by like i mean as much as i can possibly like a video game.

Samad 2004-11-10 18:40

First off, I don't have an Xbox.

Second the last system I bought was a PSONE which I bought two summers ago because it was cheap and I needed a cheap thrill.

I play Xbox every now and then because that's all that my friends do. It is also why a lot of my friends lack at playing their instruments. My one friend wants to play bass for me in my death metal band but he plays video games instead of practicing. My other guitarist as I have also mentioned (And I hope he reads this) was catching up to me in skill, but he has slowed down alot due to video games as I have mentioned before. :eek:

Rapture 2004-11-10 19:05

Quote:
It is also why a lot of my friends lack at playing their instruments. My one friend wants to play bass for me in my death metal band but he plays video games instead of practicing. My other guitarist as I have also mentioned (And I hope he reads this) was catching up to me in skill, but he has slowed down alot due to video games as I have mentioned before. :eek:

HOW DARE THEY DECIDE TO HAVE SOME FUN INSTEAD OF PRACTICING!!!!!1! FUCKING SINNERS!!!!

shut the fuck up

Samad 2004-11-11 09:55

Hey Fuckface, how old are you, 12? Lets just all be fuckin losers and play video games all the time. Metal is cool, but its gay compared to video games!?! :uzi:

You're probably the type of person who skips work to play video games and who is inadequate at his playing for the same reason. Don't try to glorify something you're supposed to do in you spare time. Hey, lets go get drunk every night because its fun! :beer:

Transient 2004-11-11 10:52

Quote:
First off, I don't have an Xbox.

Second the last system I bought was a PSONE which I bought two summers ago because it was cheap and I needed a cheap thrill.

I play Xbox every now and then because that's all that my friends do. It is also why a lot of my friends lack at playing their instruments. My one friend wants to play bass for me in my death metal band but he plays video games instead of practicing. My other guitarist as I have also mentioned (And I hope he reads this) was catching up to me in skill, but he has slowed down alot due to video games as I have mentioned before. :eek:

so youre bitching online, trying to revoke my speaking priveleges, all because your band members are poor time managers? fuck off, by yourself a drum machine and quit bitching

Samad 2004-11-11 11:25

At least I'm not getting on a metal forum and ranting about a video game! How old are you? :confused:
P.S. My post was a reply to what you said. :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken:
what is the point of posting anything if can't comprehend it.

Well I didn't get online to bitch or to come fight on metaltabs like everyone seems to like to do. I was just trying to point out the irrelevence of wasting time in an activity that is the antithesis of productivity. Why do you care anyways?

Rapture 2004-11-11 13:26

playing an instrument isnt a fucking job. its something you do for fun. same with video games. if ive got other things occupying my time (video games included) i sometimes wont pick up my guitar for days. maybe that effects my playing, but if so, i dont give a fuck.

Samad 2004-11-11 13:40

Well people like to play guitar and if they like it enough to spend thousands of dollars on equipment; why are they spending all their time playing a $50 dollar game on a $150 system. Do what you like it just seems like people spend too much money on things they don't use. Maybe the games and systems should be more expensive.