MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tab Questions & Requests (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Arsis. (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15237)

Soeru 2004-10-30 16:49

Arsis.

I've been trying to find Arsis guitar tabs all over the www, but I haven't found any. I even emailed Jim Malone himself asking for them, but he never responded. They have three songs for download over at www.worshipdepraved.com .

I'm mainly interested in "Maddening Disdain" and "Seven Whispers Fell Silent", but any bunch of riffs from any song will make me happy. ;)

Transient 2004-10-30 20:30

im sorry i cant help, but they are a great band. i dont even know what tuning they are in!

Rick Metal 2004-11-01 15:44

I'd say 2 steps down if I had to guess.

Dimejandro 2004-11-04 18:01

shit, i was gonna make a thread about this but you beat me to it. anyways what i was going to say is that i think im going to tab out some arsis songs. they are tuned on C. since they use six strings im thinking they are on
C, G, C, F, A, D. well pm or e-mail me if you wanna help me out.

MetalGuitarFro 2004-11-04 18:06

hey everyone, first time on these boards

I second the request for Arsis tabs. It'd be very nice if you could tab some stuff out Dimejandro and anyone else. I'm mainly lookin for Maddening Disdain, The Face of My Innocence, and Wholly Night, but like Soeru said, any riffage I could get from this amazing band would be excellent. Thanks!

Undying_Hatred 2004-11-19 13:34

Celebration of Guilt would be awesome

Soeru 2004-11-19 15:09

1 Attachment(s)
Dimenjaro emailed this to me a few weeks ago, he hasn't added it to the site yet. Well here it is, all credit goes to Dimenjaro.

Undying_Hatred 2004-11-19 15:44

That tab is pretty damn accurate, but correct me if I'm wrong but at about 1:08 till 1:14 I hear more like

|-----------------------------------------------------------|
|-008007005007005003008007------------------------------|

joblo1978 2005-01-21 16:14

I've seen them live quite a few times and know all the guys in the band. Many of their songs are tuned in drop C or standard D. Those are the only tunings I've seen them use. That opening to Face of my Innocence Jim taps

Soeru 2005-01-21 16:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblo1978
I've seen them live quite a few times and know all the guys in the band. Many of their songs are tuned in drop C or standard D. Those are the only tunings I've seen them use. That opening to Face of my Innocence Jim taps

It must kick ass to be you.

I'm familiar with standard D, but drop C? That is not having all the strings two steps down, like standard C is it?

SpiritCrusher 2005-01-22 01:25

It's like D tuning but with the lower string tuned to C.

joblo1978 2005-01-22 03:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
It must kick ass to be you.

I'm familiar with standard D, but drop C? That is not having all the strings two steps down, like standard C is it?

If you tuned in standard D, drop your 6th string one step. You are then in dropped C. Shadows Fall uses this tuning on their new album also along with many new bands. I don't live where they're at anymore, I just moved but they were really cool to see live. As awesome as they are, you wouldn't believe some of the shitholes they play in.

ciscometal 2005-10-05 16:49

BE HAPPY

Perhaps you havenīt searched correctly, have fun, itīs not the whole song but maybe you can figure it out. GREAT SONG !! AND GREAT RIFFS !!!

Code:
Artist: Arsis Song: The Face Of My Innocence Album: A Celebration Of Guilt Tunning Drop C Intro |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |---------3h7p3-----------------------------------------------------|Guitar |-------5-------5---0-0-0-0-0---------------------------------------|I and II |-0h5h7-----------7-0-0-0-0-0---------------------------------------| . . . . . Riff A |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |---------3h7p3-----------------------------------------------------|Guitar I |-------5-------5---0-0-0-0-0---------------------------------------| |-0h5h7-----------7-0-0-0-0-0---------------------------------------| . . . . . |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-8-8-8-8-7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5-------------------------------------------|Guitar II |-------------------------0-0-0-0-0---------------------------------| |-------------------------0-0-0-0-0---------------------------------| . . . . . Riff B |--------------------------------------------------------------------| |--------------------------------------------------------------------| |------------------------------3h7p3---------------------------------| |---------3h7p3--------------5-------5-------------------------------|Guitar I |-------5-------5------0h5h7-----------7---0-0-0-0-0-----------------| |-0h5h7-----------7------------------------0-0-0-0-0-----------------| . . . . . |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| |-8-8-8-8-7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5-7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5-3-3-3-3-8-8-8-8-7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5----------|Gtr |-------------------------------------------------------------------------0-0-0-0-0|II |-------------------------------------------------------------------------0-0-0-0-0| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Riff C |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |------------3-----------3------3-----------------------------------|Guitar |------0--3--1--3--0--3--1-3--0-1-3-0-------------------------------|I and II |-13\--0--3-----3--0--3----3--0---3-0-------------------------------| Repeat Riffs A and B Riff D |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |---------------------8\-7-7---------------------------7\-5-5-------|Guitar |-0-1-------3h6p3-----6-\5-5-----------------3h6p3-----5-\3-3-------|I and II |-0-1-3ph-0-------0-0--------0-1-4-0-2-5-0-0-------0-0--------------| . . . . . . . . . . . . . Repeat Riff C Riff F |--------------------------------------------------------------------| |-----------------------------------------------------3--------------| |--------------------------------------------------------------------| |----------8-10-8--------7-8-7-------7-8-7--------1-5---5------------|Guitar I |-0-0----5--------5----3-------3---0-------0----1--------------------| |-0-0--5-------------3-----------0------------1----------------------| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-12--15--14--10--12--/14--/12--------------------------------------| |--------------------/----/-----------------------------------------|Guitar II |-10--13--12--8---10/--12/--10--------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| Riff G |---------------------------------------------------------------| |-8-8-----------------------------------------------------------| |-----7-7-10-10-7-7-8-8-5-5-7-7-3-3-5-5-3-3-2-2-3-3-0-0-2-2-3-3-| |---------------------------------------------------------------|Guitar II |---------------------------------------------------------------| |---------------------------------------------------------------| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dimejandro 2005-10-18 22:23

wow, thats actually my tab I started a looong time ago, Im surprised its still floating around. Sorry I never got to finishing it.. lol. I guess I could finish it if you guys still are requesting it, im not really doing much lately so I'v got time to tab some songs.

btw- the new arsis song is badass

Soeru 2005-10-18 22:38

Yes, dude! That would totally kick ass.

I got the new EP from Arsis yesteday, it kicks ass. It has an Alice Cooper cover.

Tab as many as you can please. :)

Dimejandro 2005-10-18 23:35

hey soeru, long time no see bro! I'm gonna finish this one and then if you have any particular one in mind I'll do that one. Off the new stuff I'v only heard Daimonds for Disease and it was awesome, im gonna see how to get the EP.

Soeru 2005-10-18 23:40

It's been like a year, lol. Yeah, that song is like 13 minutes long. Awesome.

Another song I'd like to see tabbed is "Maddening Disdain" and "Seven Whispers Fell Silent", but anything by Arsis will give me a boner hard beyond human comprehension. Thanks a lot.

Transient 2005-10-19 05:51

the intro to face of my innocence is tabbed. according to matt v the drummer he is going to upload some live videos soonish

also, there is a guy on the arsis forums who might take a stab at some tabs this weekend

fingers crossed

Dimejandro 2005-10-23 18:15

Well, there you have it, the face of my innoncence *complete* tab, by me.
http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25136

For the intro riff I ignored my other tab completely so that I wasn't "biased" by it. So after looking at some arsis live pics from different sources and being tipped off that the intro riff is tapped, I ended up with a tapped riff intro tab. I beleive it is 100% accurate. After that I took a ganders at my older tab and did a TON of corrections and well, this new tab is complete. I've got a splitting headache after tabbing this out so I hope you guys enjoy it :P.

Soeru 2005-10-23 22:37

Wow thanks a lot dude, can't wait to sit down and give it a shot. I've improved a lot since then so I think I'm ready to take on this song. :p Speaking of Arsis, today I figured out 4 or 5 riffs from "Maddening Disdain", I know for sure they're accurate because I played them above the actual song. However it seemed to me that this song was in Standard D not Drop C like "Face of My Innocence", otherwise you'd have to transpose the chords and palm muted triplets like a madman. Maybe they used more than one tuning on the album?