MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   GO SOX! (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15185)

freek666 2004-10-27 22:17

GO SOX!
 
looks like the red sox might get the world series after 86 years!! WOOOT :D :D :D :D

MyOwnSavior 2004-10-27 22:22

Just my opinion, but I find baseball boring. Football and Hockey is more enjoyable in my eyes.

ManOwaR 2004-10-27 22:31

Baseball still confuses me :confused:

andrewc 2004-10-28 01:02

wow and im alive for it :p

i thought they already won after they came from behind 3-0 to win 4-3? :confused:

im just stupid cos we dont have baseball here in australia but yeah, it was all over the news when the sox won something

Cloaca 2004-10-28 04:14

Yeah i think that was the semis, it made the news here because they beat the NY Yankees, apparently their biggest rivals. But the yanks have all this conference bullshit in their sports which makes it overly confusing. baseball is damn boring, AFL, Soccer and Ice Hockey are the best sports.

johnmansley 2004-10-28 05:07

So the Curse of the Bambino is broken then. Only another 85 years until they win it again...

Credit to Dementia 2004-10-28 06:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
baseball is damn boring, AFL, Soccer and Ice Hockey are the best sports.

Just for the record, and I personally disagree, but probably 90% of the population in America finds soccer incomprehensibly dull. I'm reminded of a line from Sports Night: We'll bring you the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat-and, because we've got soccer highlights, the sheer pointlessness of a zero-zero tie.

Personally I don't much like either game, but I'm indifferent to soccer and hate baseball, so I guess I'd rather go to a soccer match. Plus, you don't get to use lawn darts at a baseball game.

Oh, and I want to go on record as saying that I'm disappointed in the Red Sox. They had a good bad thing going and had to ruin it. Next you know, Buffalo will win the Super Bowl, the Clippers will take home to NBA championship, and Americans will care when hockey goes on strike. Sports will cease to make sense.

Cloaca 2004-10-28 06:35

At one stage quite a while ago I found soccer boring to watch. Like you americans, we Australians have our own style of football, and believe me it is more exciting and high scoring to watch than both soccer and NFL (yeah I know its biased but its true). but anyhoo, after getting into it a bit, and learning how offside works, you realise that there's a lot more to it than just the scoring (by this I mean from a spectator's point of view).

Credit to Dementia 2004-10-28 06:42

I understand the points that fans like about soccer, but it's a sport I find fun to play and deadly to watch. I'm not much of a sport man myself, really. Football, because it's drilled into you how exciting a game it is to watch, and people have such a personal investment with their teams that it's fun to watch them as the team fails. Hockey is very fun to watch, in person or on tv, but it's been a while since I caught any. Basketball somehow lost me at some point. Thai sex shows are very interesting and athletic, but for some reason not televised. I do know Aussie Rules Football, but I never watched it much. If I were going to watch Australians do something, it would probably be rugby.

johnmansley 2004-10-28 06:50

...Or cricket - they're the world's best at it by far.

Cloaca 2004-10-28 07:03

Foreigners would find AFL interesting if they just knew the rules. By the way, and AFL player, Ben Graham, has just quit his club in order to be an NFL punter, most likely for the NY Jets. He has kicked an AFL football (bigger, heavier than an NFL ball) just under 70 metres in some matches. He just needs to learn the rules of American Football and then he'll probably be pretty good. He was a pretty shit AFL player though.

Credit to Dementia 2004-10-28 07:06

If he's a punter there's not much to learn. Punt the ball. Don't get tackled while punting the ball. If the returner gets to you, throw your shoulder into his knees. Since you're foreign, cultivate odd personality ticks so people will like you.

andrewc 2004-10-28 07:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
Foreigners would find AFL interesting if they just knew the rules. By the way, and AFL player, Ben Graham, has just quit his club in order to be an NFL punter, most likely for the NY Jets. He has kicked an AFL football (bigger, heavier than an NFL ball) just under 70 metres in some matches. He just needs to learn the rules of American Football and then he'll probably be pretty good. He was a pretty shit AFL player though.


nah i disagree. although i am a hawk, i loved watching cats games for gary ablett - and i still did in the off chance graham would belt one from full back to the centre square. but possibly due to the crappy past few seasons by the dear old hawks, combinated with my half-kiwi blood, im a rugby league man GO STORMERS :beer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
and cricket - they're the worlds best at it by far.


got that right mate, we sure do rock :p :cool: :D

MetalThrashingMad 2004-10-28 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
Just my opinion, but I find baseball boring. Football and Hockey is more enjoyable in my eyes.

Yeah, definately, i really dont like baseball. hockey is the best. Slapshot rules.

BeastOfCarrion 2004-10-28 18:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
...Or cricket - they're the world's best at it by far.

our grip on world supremacy is waning now though, the the indians actually beat us in one of the test matches we just played over there!

ShredIsNotDead 2004-10-28 20:17

Go flames!

guitar_demon 2004-10-28 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
Go flames!

ARRFGGHHAGHR

WHY HAS HOCKEY BEEN CANCELLED THIS YEAR??!!?!?!?!?!?!?! :angry: :angry:

ShredIsNotDead 2004-10-28 20:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
ARRFGGHHAGHR

WHY HAS HOCKEY BEEN CANCELLED THIS YEAR??!!?!?!?!?!?!?! :angry: :angry:


It was cancelled because hockey players play for money, not because they love the game, even though the flames had some heart in the playoffs. Fucking hockey players get enough money as it is, they are only losing more money by going through a whole year unpaid.

Us crazy Calgary flames fans got shafted this year. We were chomping at the bit for another year of hockey

guitar_demon 2004-10-28 20:30

i know im from usa and i love the fricking flames, they should have fucking won last year but that god damn goal that wasnt coutned

ShredIsNotDead 2004-10-28 20:36

We got voted number one hockey city in NHL :)

The loudest thing I heard in my entire life was when the flames scored to get back in the game in game 7 of the Tampa Bay series. They just couldn't get that second goal :(

Then my friend almost got his ass kicked when he decided to start shouting "Go Tampa" after the game


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.