MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   An Idea. (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14567)

DeathCS 2004-10-01 21:32

An Idea.
 
Ok to possibly cut down on the amount of new thread of which the topic has already been discussed I have an idea.
Before someone makes a new thread there should be a pop up that says "have you used the search function? If you are making a new thread about something that has already been discussed, then it will be deleted and you will be made fun of for being an ignorant noob."
Or something along those lines.
Or maybe adding "Are you sure you are making this thread in the right forum?" in with it.
I get tired of seeing the same threads over and over.
And after a person has posted a certain number of times, (enough to not be considered a noob) it wont pop up with this message.

Just an idea.

BLS 2004-10-01 21:33

I second this if its possible.

Rapture 2004-10-01 22:19

the pop up idea sounds nice and easy, but i think it would have to be for all members, no matter how many posts, for the sake of ease

DeathCS 2004-10-01 22:58

Well, maybe. but after a certain point, they know where to post something and where not to post something and to search. Well most will.

Chokehold 2004-10-01 23:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
the pop up idea sounds nice and easy, but i think it would have to be for all members, no matter how many posts, for the sake of ease

Your opinion doesnt count because you suck.
CC always has the best ideas :love:

DeathCS 2004-10-01 23:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdimmu
Your opinion doesnt count because you suck.
CC always has the best ideas :love:

Yeah, I know I do. I love myself! :love:

Severed_Head_Stoner 2004-10-02 04:08

Good idea CC. I can't think of anything to add to it.

blackdimmu you act like a fucking tool. "People who rule"... :flame: :uzi:

Chris Rezendes 2004-10-02 04:13

This idea sucks because I don't want fucking pop-ups pissing me off every time I feel like starting a new topic. I don't really start new topics very often, though, so maybe it could work. Whatever.

BeastOfCarrion 2004-10-02 05:09

i have a pop-up blocker, i NEVER have popups, and even when i did, i never looked at them

nomad 2004-10-02 06:51

Yes, many people have popup blockers, and the new Windows XP SP2 has an integrated one turned on by default.

Putting the message along the lines? Believe me, people don't read along the lines. Look at the tab posting forum and the amount of shit tabs posted there. :smash:

Transient 2004-10-02 07:07

i dont like this idea.

Severed_Head_Stoner 2004-10-02 07:24

Why not Transient?

Provide reasoning to back up your speculation.

:eek:

Transient 2004-10-02 09:47

i dont want to hit OK everytime i make a thread, and i have a pop up blocker and i dont want to go through a bunch of rigamarole because you people are so royally offended by a newbie thread

DeathCS 2004-10-02 10:48

Well, most of you are forgetting that this wouldn't really effect you because you've been here long enough that you know where you should make thread and if it has been discussed. This is mainly for the newer people here. Like every one below 100 posts gets this message.
And what I mean by pop up is that thing that pops up when I you have a new PM. Would that be blocked by a pop up blocker?

Chokehold 2004-10-02 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severed_Head_Stoner
Good idea CC. I can't think of anything to add to it.

blackdimmu you act like a fucking tool. "People who rule"... :flame: :uzi:

No, these are juct the cool people. Sorry you didnt make the cut :p

DeathCS 2004-10-02 10:52

Yeah, hes just jealous that he doesnt rule.

Riggs 2004-10-02 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
Well, most of you are forgetting that this wouldn't really effect you because you've been here long enough that you know where you should make thread and if it has been discussed. This is mainly for the newer people here. Like every one below 100 posts gets this message.
And what I mean by pop up is that thing that pops up when I you have a new PM. Would that be blocked by a pop up blocker?


No those cannot be blocked at all, but still I say people who make threads that allready exist should just be temp banned. The pop-up isn't going to solve much. I mean the rules are in each forum, if they don't read the rules, that's their own fualt. Temp ban is my vote.

DeathCS 2004-10-02 11:18

Temp ban is pretty stupid. You cant just ban everyone who makes a thread which has been discussed. Even if its only temporary. And people really dont read the Stickies. So.. I vote for my thing.

Riggs 2004-10-02 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
Temp ban is pretty stupid. You cant just ban everyone who makes a thread which has been discussed. Even if its only temporary. And people really dont read the Stickies. So.. I vote for my thing.


Exactly, people don't read the "stickies" but they should be, because they are there for a reason. If people aren't going to read those, why would they read the pop-up? I know when I get pop-ups I just exit out of them myself thinking they are some type of spyware, which most are. The ban doesn't have to be long, just like a day or so, so that the person understands that you guys don't want a bunch of the same threads being made over and over again.

guitar_demon 2004-10-02 11:26

threads about the same thing arnt always bad, i can see where your coming from if you have like three "5150 head info" threads on the same page but if its like 5 or more pages back and someone makes it again then some new people have proabably joined and can now put there input into it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.