MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Donald Tardy (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452)

2002-04-25 22:12

Donald Tardy

I dont think people should be mad at Donald or consider him a sell out for joining Andrew W.K. He was in one of the greatest death metal bands ever. Also, it was really John's fault for the group disbanding. Hey, at least he is still working in the music business. There are much worse bands than Andrew W.K. Hell, he might even get more famous in there cuz they are more pop and mainstream. Also, I dont see why people get mad at things like Kerry King doing a solo for Sum41. It gives metal more mainstream attention which is good.

memnoch 2002-04-25 22:23

Re: Donald Tardy

Quote:
Originally posted by BolognaSandwich
It gives metal more mainstream attention which is good.

What???

Mainstream is BAD! It's what the media sells to soulless teenagers who need the MTV crew to run their lives. The only part of metal which is mainstream is Nu-Metal, and that part of it sucks.

As far as i'm concered, metal can stay underground forever, and i'd be happy.

If i were in a death metal band, i'd rather have 1000 loyal metal fans, than 1 billion screaming teenagers who buy my cds just because MTV said so.

The Crying Orc 2002-04-25 23:06

Fuck King and Tardy both.
They can both die a slow firey mother fucking death for all I care about them now.

DissectedCarcas 2002-04-26 02:45

Re: Donald Tardy

Quote:
IAlso, I dont see why people get mad at things like Kerry King doing a solo for Sum41. It gives metal more mainstream attention which is good.

You should have been here about ten posts ago. Every one was mad at King for doing that solo for sum 41, except me, that is.

as far as selling out goes...it doesn't happen nearly as much as people say it happens.

as far as mainstream goes...i agree with what memnoch said.

Nemo 2002-04-26 13:30

Re: Re: Donald Tardy

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch

Mainstream is BAD!

You are fucking right!!! Mainstream is for those who can't think for themselves, and need help brushing their teeth...

MetalPoldi 2002-04-26 15:19

Re: Re: Re: Donald Tardy

Quote:
Originally posted by Nemo
and need help brushing their teeth...

LOL

Weird Norwegians!!!

Mainstream sucks!!!
Mainstream makes you stupid. You donīt have to think. The manager does it.
Imagine Behemoth, or whatever at a MTV-supershow with those thousands of Teenies like memnoch mentioned.

BTW Werenīt Dimmu Borgir nominated for the norwegian grammy? Just heard about it. I donīt want to make fun out of Dimmu Borgir. I like them. But iīm interested in it.

Although. I think you need at least one band of an underground-genre in that mainstream-shit. How could you otherwise listen to this music. Just "mouth-to-mouth-propaganda" wonīt work for it.

2002-04-27 00:00

You missed my point. Metal will never be like that with a bunch of pop culture obsessed fans. I'm saying that when they get attention it is good. Like when Cannibal Corpse sang Hammer Smashed Face in Ace Ventura Pet Detective. That scene that CC was in got them attention. I'm sure that most people who saw them in the movie hated their music. But now they know that they exist, which is good. As far as people being mad at Kerry King for the solo with Sum41, you have no reason to be. Slayer has provided us with great music for years. Being a Slayer fan is your choice so you shouldn't go nuts when things like Undisputed Attitude get released.

memnoch 2002-04-27 00:21

Quote:
Like when Cannibal Corpse sang Hammer Smashed Face in Ace Ventura Pet Detective.

I don't recall that scene at all......i'm gonna have to see this movie again!!:eek:

OpethRules 2002-04-27 12:30

Quote:

I don't recall that scene at all......i'm gonna have to see this movie again!!:eek:

yeah same here.

sOaD2 2002-04-27 20:46

i heard about that a few months ago, and once i thought about it, i DO remember seeing a death metal band on there. i just havent seen the movie since it came out and i didnt listen to cc then.

Disciple 2002-04-28 15:59

They play the beginning of Hammer Smashed Face. It's petty cool.

The Crying Orc 2002-04-28 19:43

Isn't this thread about Donald?

Disciple 2002-04-29 15:08

Shut the fuck up Orc and don't post in threads where you have nothing to say.

Nemo 2002-04-29 15:16

Quote:

Can't remember seing that...

Nemo 2002-04-29 15:18

Quote:
Originally posted by Disciple
They play the beginning of Hammer Smashed Face. It's petty cool.

Where in the movie is that?

The Crying Orc 2002-04-29 17:05

Quote:
Originally posted by Disciple
Shut the fuck up Orc and don't post in threads where you have nothing to say.

Haha. Fuckin' ban me then.

Disciple 2002-04-29 17:36

carefull what you wish...

The Crying Orc 2002-04-29 20:39

Quote:
Originally posted by The Crying Orc

Haha. Fuckin' ban me then.

Fuckin' ban me then.

Def 2002-04-30 07:43

why don't you guys step outside and duke it out ?
:smash: :uzi: :kaioken: :angry:

Nemo 2002-04-30 08:37

I can get you a sword if you want...