MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Are Any Of You Guys (or girls) In A Somewhat-Famous Band? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14461)

4d5e6f 2004-09-26 21:26

Are Any Of You Guys (or girls) In A Somewhat-Famous Band?

Just wondering, are any of you in a somewhat-famous band? Do any of you record your music? I'd be interested in hearing you guys play, it gives me inspiration.

powersofterror 2004-09-26 21:32

I'm very famous. I'm the skeletal being.....:p
The only person close to fame here is Corroded Soul, he has ONE good song:rolleyes:.

Tattered 2004-09-26 21:54

I play bass in a band.. slowly getting somewhere..

timedragon 2004-09-26 22:25

Im getting there. ive got a lot of shit planned for now. So far ive got my (sadly) 3 piece band. Ive got a drummer, bassist, and i do guitar, keyboard and vocals. guitar 1+2 of coarse. Its kind of a bitch to write all the lyrics and songs, but at least no matter what, they will always come out how i want them to becuase im the one writing it. Im pretty confident in my music so far though. I dont have anything more than cassete recordings for now, but, i know what i like, and what i like i really actually love. And most of the time i really do like my songs. Maybe my post doesnt even belong here right now cause its not direct to your thread, yeah im drunk. but, i just fealt like. Ive got 4 songs that im satisfied with, plus an intro. So yeah, im not "famous"... yet ;)
:beer:

Chris Rezendes 2004-09-26 22:57

No, but I DO have groupies.

Def 2004-09-27 03:52

I have groupies too, they're the best :)

I've been playing in bands for about 4/5 years, some lasted for about 3 tops, but most of the time shit falls apart anyway after a bunch of time, you know how it goes, study, chicks, etc.

I'm part of two bands now though. one has got a demo up on internet, if you're interested, www.insideknowledge.net/ataglance
We're busy writing more songs now, we've been togethere for less then half a year but we all had experience, so that makes things easier. we're not playing live at the moment, we did two test-shows which where great. we're writing more material for a full set now. With one of my old bands (morning will come) I played a bunch of gigs the last two years, but that band is on his ass now. I kinda miss those shows and ofcourse the free beer :)

share your stuff guys, I'de like to hear some metaltabs noise!

johnmansley 2004-09-27 05:07

I'm really Terrence Hobbs - I have to use this username so that people don't bother me for tabs and such. Shit...

Agent-Orange 2004-09-27 05:25

I talk to the guitarist from Gama Bomb, he said they have an upcoming tour with Nuclear Assualt. They are from Ireland and play thrash. they are semi-famous.

http://www.gamabomb.tk/

Grimbecile is my band, they are quite famous :beer:

www.grimbecile.com

Transient 2004-09-27 05:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I'm really Terrence Hobbs - I have to use this username so that people don't bother me for tabs and such. Shit...

jesus wept! jesus wept!

johnmansley 2004-09-27 05:54

Hahaha! I'll be doing some Suffocation soon actually. Well, 'soon' in terms of within my next 3 or 4 tab submissions, but that could be in 6-8 weeks.

The Doctor 2004-09-27 09:40

Acoustic Mayhem is getting quit known in holland:D

just started with a motorhead tribute band couple of weeks ago, wont take long for us to play some gigs etc. but the goal of a tribute band isnt to get famous ofcourse

societys finest 2004-09-27 15:41

im in the beatles

johnmansley 2004-09-27 16:00

This thread was (quite rightly) open to abuse but seriously I don't think that anybody here is in a famous band that you will have heard of. There was a guy a while back who was in Fermento but he hasn't beena round for about 3-4 months. Of course, Mike Kimball of Dying Fetus submits the odd tab every now and then but as far as I know he doesn't post elsewhere on the forums. I think that about sums it up!

Def 2004-09-27 16:05

well the dutchies could have heard of my band. but I don't think theres any hardcore dutchies here :(

I though Parry came around every now and then.

The Doctor 2004-09-27 16:08

yeah, undercover as dicksuction

MetalThrashingMad 2004-09-27 16:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
jesus wept! jesus wept!

Yes!! Please tab it someone!!!

Me and Trans are sorta in a band...

Transient 2004-09-27 16:55

guitar player from vehemence posts every now and then

FearFrost 2004-09-27 17:12

I'm In Cryptopsy :vampire:

BLS 2004-09-27 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
guitar player from vehemence posts every now and then

He did for a week just advertising for their forums...

DeathCS 2004-09-27 17:51

Well, Im Corpsegrinder... :p