MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Alcohol Preferences 2, the Glorious Return (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14250)

DameFraMorkum 2011-07-03 16:08

We have this soda here in new york that is supposed to make you smarter or hornier or sleepier.... They trick you into thinking it's legit by calling it "neuroscientific hydration mechanics"... Nasties.

Dyldo 2011-07-03 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
"neuroscientific hydration mechanics"

HAHAHA - reading that made my night. The shit people will say and believe.

Pr0az 2011-07-04 08:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
HAHAHA - reading that made my night. The shit people will say and believe.

Lol like the power bracelet craze. You were lucky if that rubber band actually had a magnet inside of it so you could stick it to the frige and remind your self every time you opened the door how much of an idiot you are.

Dyldo 2011-07-04 08:32

The Power Bracelet shit was so beyond retarded I really can't believe more than 2 people bought into that. I still see them on people once in awhile.

L,B'XXX 2011-07-04 23:54

My mom's doc was talking about copper bracelets having placebo effects and he said that if it isn't hurting you and there's a co-incidence of it seeming to help then what the heck.

Dyldo 2011-07-05 07:21

No, no, no. It is not okay to promote psuedoscience.

L,B'XXX 2011-07-06 00:21

Okay, how about one of her doc's says to take glucosamine chondroitin for bad joints, but another says there's no way that it can help you. Personally, if you ingest something I'd think it would have some absorption into the system otherwise food would make no diffence, but I don't know if there's valid evidence it does do what it claims. Topical treatments wouldn't work either. I think the first doc is correct.

Gomli 2011-07-06 01:29

In the end our mind is the most effective medicine. Namaste.

JoeYngVai 2011-07-06 22:51

I've been drinking Foster's recently. Its like a single beer that is actually slightly more than 2 beers.

Paddy 2011-07-06 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
I've been drinking Foster's recently.
WAS HE GRATEFUL? HAAAAAAAAALOLOLO!

L,B'XXX 2011-07-07 08:12

I was going to make a rain chain out of Foster's cans, but after a couple years went by and I hadn't done it yet I pitched them. I also thought of using them for shingles on my barn, but decided I'd have to take up a can collection to do that.

JoeYngVai 2011-07-07 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
WAS HE GRATEFUL? HAAAAAAAAALOLOLO!

nice one... paddy... :sleeping:

Gomli 2011-07-07 11:11

Fosters is like one of the worst beers I've tried in my whole life. Even the 25ct beers are better than that

Agent-Orange 2011-07-07 19:48

I like fosters.

Dyldo 2011-07-08 08:37

Definitely not the worst, but I wouldn't ever buy it. Plus, I hate it when huge things make my hands look tiny. I usually have to jack-off with my eyes closed.

Dyldo 2011-08-09 15:42

Clutch makes a beer with New Belgium!

So awesome.

JoeYngVai 2011-08-10 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
Fosters is like one of the worst beers I've tried in my whole life. Even the 25ct beers are better than that

Yea its pretty shitty. I still will buy it occasionally when I don't want to spend much and want to get something better than Caguama. Also you get that extra fluid ounce or so compared to other "24 oz" cans haha.

Dyldo 2012-04-09 17:33

Does anyone know and good, available vanilla beer? I've been wanting to try this Vanilla Dark Lord beer but its impossible to procure. I fucking love vanilla, I needs it.

And I totally fell for Jester King's Black Metal beer. Its gimmicke but I had to try it and it turned out to be excellent. Its pitch black (naturally) and explodes the palate with coffee, caramel, and all that dark goodness. The restaurant I got it at a few months ago has 3 more, and one of the dudes was nice enough to reserve one for me to pick up later this week (I'm that good looking). They also have a 'Thrash Metal' beer but I haven't tried it yet.

blitz906 2012-04-09 19:27

I've never tried vanilla beer, but I would love to.

Not sure if you're a porter fan or not, but this stuff looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
My mom's doc was talking about copper bracelets having placebo effects and he said that if it isn't hurting you and there's a co-incidence of it seeming to help then what the heck.

Things like that are usually all in the mind. If you've ever heard of that book by Rhonda Byrne called The Secret you'll know what I mean. If people truly believe something will help, then sometimes it actually will help.

DameFraMorkum 2012-04-09 20:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
And I totally fell for Jester King's Black Metal beer. Its gimmicke but I had to try it and it turned out to be excellent. Its pitch black (naturally) and explodes the palate with coffee, caramel, and all that dark goodness. The restaurant I got it at a few months ago has 3 more, and one of the dudes was nice enough to reserve one for me to pick up later this week (I'm that good looking). They also have a 'Thrash Metal' beer but I haven't tried it yet.

I have been unable to find that black metal beer anywhere! I'll trade you some east coasty beers (dogfish, victory, founder's or troeg's) for one of those. What's the thrash metal beer supposed to be like? I can only imagine something fruity and german.