MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Children Of Bodom, Emperor, BLACK METAL (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141)

Apocalyptic 2001-08-21 13:19

Children Of Bodom, Emperor, BLACK METAL

Hey
I was just wondering if any of you guys like Children Of Bodom, Emperor, Napalm Death (for you people that use to be at the ND message board, this is bumbklat3), Night IN Gales, Dissection? Children oF Bodom, i know Hatebreeder, Something Wild, and Follow The Reaper like the back of my hand. Ive listened to each atleast 200 times all the way through. Ive even listened to the Inearthed demos about 75 times. Emperor, Anthems To The Welkin at Dusk, IX Equilibrium, In The Nightside Eclipse, those are probably in a way my favorite 3 cds of all time. If you are a fan of Emperor, listen to classical music. It makes those CDs much better, because it is in some what classical form, so its funner to study and know when instruments come in. I remember the first time i heard Anthems. all i could think is CHAOTIC, but now its just beautiful! So complex, and ihsahn is by far my favorite music writer (other then Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, ect). Napalm Death, well, ive been liking them for years. Just about all there releases are good. Also, any of you like black metal alot? man, i love Mayhem. Hellhammer is god at drums, Maniac is awesome vocals. Grand Decloration of War is won of the most complex cds ive ever heard. Also there past makes them more interesting. Darkthrone the same, and Immortal, Satyricon, ect. well, cya

wannabe 2001-08-21 15:07

Re: Children Of Bodom, Emperor, BLACK METAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalyptic
Hey
I was just wondering if any of you guys like Children Of Bodom, Emperor, Napalm Death (for you people that use to be at the ND message board, this is bumbklat3), Night IN Gales, Dissection? Children oF Bodom, i know Hatebreeder, Something Wild, and Follow The Reaper like the back of my hand. Ive listened to each atleast 200 times all the way through. Ive even listened to the Inearthed demos about 75 times. Emperor, Anthems To The Welkin at Dusk, IX Equilibrium, In The Nightside Eclipse, those are probably in a way my favorite 3 cds of all time. If you are a fan of Emperor, listen to classical music. It makes those CDs much better, because it is in some what classical form, so its funner to study and know when instruments come in. I remember the first time i heard Anthems. all i could think is CHAOTIC, but now its just beautiful! So complex, and ihsahn is by far my favorite music writer (other then Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, ect). Napalm Death, well, ive been liking them for years. Just about all there releases are good. Also, any of you like black metal alot? man, i love Mayhem. Hellhammer is god at drums, Maniac is awesome vocals. Grand Decloration of War is won of the most complex cds ive ever heard. Also there past makes them more interesting. Darkthrone the same, and Immortal, Satyricon, ect. well, cya

Yeah, Emperor do bring a lot of neo-classical aspects to the black metal table. They are amazing. May I reccomend Symphony X? They are progressive metal but have quite a bit of neo-classicalism in their music. Isn't Hellhammer the drummer for Covenant right now? I would go look upstairs in the booklet,but I am too lazy. I think Nagash (bassist from Dimmu Borgir) is the vocalist/bassist for Covenant as well. I think it is the same guy.

Peace it....

2001-08-21 16:18

oh great,wannabe got here first,why am i knot suprised (you pest)

Apocalyptic-i listen to one of the bands you listen as black metal..Dark Throne
i also listen to these B. Metal bands:
Viking Crown,Witchery,1349,Christ Inversion,KILLPLOT,Assuck,Marduk,St. Vitus,Vile,Grey Skies Fallen,Eternal Suffering,Amicuss,Immortalizationism.

Listen to any of those?

wannabe 2001-08-21 17:46

Quote:
Originally posted by Dude
oh great,wannabe got here first,why am i knot suprised (you pest)

Lmao! You are so fucking ridiculous, it's overwhelming. Don't try and dissuade me to believe your age is anything above 5. Did you want me to wait on you to sound dumb before I respond with something worthwhile? Go play with your Yo-Yo.

2001-08-21 18:42

no,your a fucking pest thats everywhere all the time to piss people off.like your doing now.
what does anything have to do with a fucking yo-yo,you fuckin irish munk.

pan_fuckin_tera 2001-08-21 22:17

Children of Bodom-Bed of Razors........WOW...great song

wannabe 2001-08-21 23:38

Quote:
Originally posted by Dude
no,your a fucking pest thats everywhere all the time to piss people off.like your doing now.
what does anything have to do with a fucking yo-yo,you fuckin irish munk.

*sighs* You're too dumb to even bother with a legitimate response anymore. Yo-yo is is a play on your childish antics, Ace....

far_beyond_sane 2001-08-22 09:26

CoB - one of my favourites!

Other classically influenced/involved bands - Rage, Nightwish, Sinergy, Opeth, Trans-Siberian Orchestra... some are more like CoB than others, and some are more influenced than others. Look up the Malmsteen Symphony if you want excellent guitar/classical crossover.

Other bands with that nice chunky sound and just plain bands I like - Soilwork, Pissing Razors, Amon Amarth, Darkane, Jungle Rot...

Katham 2001-08-22 09:38

Re: Children Of Bodom, Emperor, BLACK METAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalyptic
(for you people that use to be at the ND message board, this is bumbklat3)

Whoa, cheers, mate, welcome to the new forums ;) :D.

Disciple 2001-08-22 16:04

I used to not like blackmetal,but after years of concert going and seeing almost all of them ,I must admit that I quite enjoy some of them,for example Dimmu Borgir,Immortal or Behemoth.

Stormrider12 2001-08-29 17:03

Alexi Laiho and Bodom are amazing. They deserve more respect.

far_beyond_sane 2001-08-30 21:45

... and they get plenty, but not in Australia (and probably not in the US either).

2001-09-15 19:32

ummm, Children of Bodom are the best. Their songwriter is a genius. The way you puts everything together, guitars drums keyboards, is just amazing. Also the speed some of these things are played at hurt my brain to try to keep up with each and tell them apart from one another. Isahn is a great composer too though, but I think the CoB composer is probably one of the best ever.

2001-09-15 19:37

I am from the US and I hate the only way I could hate more people is if I moved to a new county I swear..... I listen to this more sophisticated music like CoB and I hear that some people hate it because "its too soft I like linkin park and slipknot" so one thing that I must say is they are both homo-erotic fagtacular untallented rampant sodomization of men artists who like to hang out at gay bars wearing pink pants and telling everyone they are very manly. damn I hate everything to come to USA mainstream. I hate almost everyone in the USA. I have no friends because I just hate everyone in the US. I respect and like these tallented europeon bands though.

wannabe 2001-09-17 17:00

Children of Bodom are fucking nuts! I am moving to Norway!

6MORBID6ANGEL6 2001-09-17 17:05

Norway's cool.

Monterey is better though:p

Katham 2001-09-21 11:04

Quote:
Originally posted by IHateMainstream
I am from the US and I hate the only way I could hate more people is if I moved to a new county I swear..... I listen to this more sophisticated music like CoB and I hear that some people hate it because "its too soft I like linkin park and slipknot" so one thing that I must say is they are both homo-erotic fagtacular untallented rampant sodomization of men artists who like to hang out at gay bars wearing pink pants and telling everyone they are very manly. damn I hate everything to come to USA mainstream. I hate almost everyone in the USA. I have no friends because I just hate everyone in the US. I respect and like these tallented europeon bands though.

:eek: First I thought, someone was parodising you...

Then I recognized you did post that actually...

Stormrider12 2001-09-21 17:14

Quote:
Originally posted by wannabe
Children of Bodom are fucking nuts! I am moving to Norway!

Isn't CoB from Finland?

wannabe 2001-09-22 19:16

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormrider12

Isn't CoB from Finland?

uhhhhhhh maybe. I dunno..one of those Scandanavian regions, anyway.

Kiniric 2001-09-25 10:22

Yes, CoB is from Finland. Every member is. The Scandinavian area is the place that releases all of the best music, though here in the states everyone is some mainstream poser, slipknot for example posing to be violent.

-IHateMainstream has returned