MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Slayer New Album?! Anytime Soon?! (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13699)

Chris Rezendes 2004-09-11 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
That's a good point, but cut the animal abuse. The last thing nomad needs is for the ALF to come in and bomb the shit out of everything because, goddammit, keeping a mustang and a wildebeest to suck off and eat the jizz of's a form of animal slavery, just like the Holocaust. Just like it, motherfucker!

Anyway, more on topic: the amount of time this record's taking should be a bad sign for anybody who disliked their last few albums, since I'm pretty sure that they only started writing and recording slowly more recently. If you're the type to take these things as a death knoll, well, it's a death knoll. Or maybe it just means that they, while writing, sat and listened to the music, though 'this eats donkey shit,' and did some re-writing. I'm cool with it going either way. I haven't been really into a Slayer album since Divine Intervention, but I'm still waiting to see how the direction they've been going in since Diabolus pans out. And I'll keep waiting, goddammit, because Slayer's earned my eternal suspended judgment until they do something either really great or fucking terrible.

The ALF can suck a bactrian camel's nasty ass. Fuck those guys. It's even worse because I'm an environmentalist, and people sometimes think that environmentalists are automatically invovled with stupid animal rights groups. I mean, sure, it's not nice to torture animals. I'll agree with that. Seriously, though, how many people torture animals? Seriously. I'm going to eat hamburgers until I die and the ALF can't stop me.

I bet the ALF would call me a vile murderer because kill the rats before I feed them to my snakes.

BTW, I was discussing Divine Intervention with JohnMansley a couple of months ago, and he said it was "criminally underrated", and I agree 100%. If the new album is half as good as Divine Intervention it will be money worth spent. If it was twice as good as God Hates Us All it will still only be mediocre.

PST 88 2004-09-11 15:11

They'd hate you for having snakes. They're the reason security was tight at the lab I worked in, and we barely had anything to do with animal research.

I don't know why Divine Intervention gets overlooked so often. It's the best record in the world for driving around a city. It also kicks ass at home. It kicks ass everywhere. I'm even listening to it now.

johnmansley 2004-09-11 15:11

Very true, Chris (and PST). Divine Intervention was the last album comprising entirely of thrash that Slayer put out.

DeathCS 2004-09-11 17:06

Divine Intervetion is truly the last good album slayer put out.

PST 88 2004-09-11 17:18

You know, if you cunts keep appreciating it in public, it won't be underrated. People will see you! People will know! Take that shit to the private messages, gentlemen.

Chris Rezendes 2004-09-12 10:58

Quote:
They'd hate you for having snakes. They're the reason security was tight at the lab I worked in, and we barely had anything to do with animal research.

I don't know why Divine Intervention gets overlooked so often. It's the best record in the world for driving around a city. It also kicks ass at home. It kicks ass everywhere. I'm even listening to it now.

Yes, you are right, they would hate me for a being an imperialistic macho male who heartlessly imprisons snakes that belong in the wild. It wouldn't really matter to them that the only snakes I own are snakes that were rescued from the neglect of poor owners, and that I had to nurse the fuckers back to health from life-threatening illnesses, parasites, and other conditions.
The fact is that I imprison snakes without their consent.

I'm sure what they'd want me to do is take the snakes out and release them into the woods of Massachusetts, even though they are African snakes and wouldn't survive the winter, and even if they did, they could wreak havoc on the natural ecosystem up here. Facts be damned, those animal rights activists have my number now! God, I hate them.

As for Divine Intervention, I listen to it in public frequently (I burned it onto a CD with Reign in Blood, so I listen to both), but I don't have a CD player in my car, so I listen to it on my diskman. I suppose most other people don't really hear it. Maybe I should buy a shirt with the Divine Intervention logo on it when I get the money.

SuNioj0369 2004-09-12 12:52

Me and a friend put on Dittohead full blast in front of our school on the last day of school and drove around headbanging for about 2 minutes before the assistant principal came out and stopped us...yeah, we're that mature.

Rapture 2004-09-12 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNioj0369
Me and a friend put on Dittohead full blast in front of our school on the last day of school and drove around headbanging for about 2 minutes before the assistant principal came out and stopped us...yeah, we're that mature.

haha i did that to As I Lay Dying last year! thats crazy. i did it on the last day of school too. quite a coincidence. janitors were yelling so i just drove faster, and my friend told them to fuck off. then all 3 APs came out and we hauled ass out of there.

good god maturity does dominate.

PST 88 2004-09-12 13:59

Chris, that CD sounds like potentially the coolest thing I'd ever hear. You should get one of those discman converters.

One of the ladies at the lab - for some reason all my coworkers were female, except for one, who was gay - had a snake at home. She kept her mice in the freezers at work. Or maybe they were mice from the lab. I have no idea if we had mice at the lab. We kept extracting the DNA from their tails, but I'm pretty sure they came from somewhere else. But maybe not. Maybe they were her snake supply.

And remember, you're not just an imperialistic macho male. You're a nazi too. Jeff Hanneman would write songs about you. That's how bad you are. Especially since you eat meat. That, plus the imprisoning helpless snakes, puts you somewhere around Mengele on the evil scale.

Chris Rezendes 2004-09-12 20:34

Quote:
Chris, that CD sounds like potentially the coolest thing I'd ever hear. You should get one of those discman converters.

One of the ladies at the lab - for some reason all my coworkers were female, except for one, who was gay - had a snake at home. She kept her mice in the freezers at work. Or maybe they were mice from the lab. I have no idea if we had mice at the lab. We kept extracting the DNA from their tails, but I'm pretty sure they came from somewhere else. But maybe not. Maybe they were her snake supply.

And remember, you're not just an imperialistic macho male. You're a nazi too. Jeff Hanneman would write songs about you. That's how bad you are. Especially since you eat meat. That, plus the imprisoning helpless snakes, puts you somewhere around Mengele on the evil scale.

Yes, and when you factor that as a child I would often crush ants outside with my action figures, I'm already a serial murderer. I am a sadistic torturer who once, as a child, TORE THE WINGS OFF AN INNOCENT FLY. If I had any decency, I would terminate my malevolent existence- this very instant- for the greater good of mankind. I am an abomination that could only have emanated from the pits of hell, where I surely was spawned via a tryst between Satan and either Hitler, Stalin, or Chhit Chhoeun.

The Execrator 2004-09-12 20:38

Quote:
They have something like 11 or 12 songs just about finished musically but not lyrically. Right now American Recordings is switching distributers again so the band is going to wait to record the songs because if they did it now, the album would be sitting on the shelf for who knows how long.
exactly. and pig destroyer is awesome mofo

Chris Rezendes 2004-09-12 20:50

They are excellent if by your definition of excellent you mean "down-tuned, repetitive, power-chord fest with no emotion or technicality involved at all." There's only one way I can like a band if they are not technically proficient, and that's if their music exhibits a lot of emotion. I guess if other people like them, that's their business, but personally, I can't like them. They remind me of Mortician, too, and Mortician are my least favorite death metal band, ever.

SuNioj0369 2004-09-13 13:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb of god\m/
exactly. and pig destroyer is awesome mofo

Mind explaining a little more?

WhoopAss 2004-09-13 19:46

never forsake

isnt it interesting that if you take a closer look at who did which song youll find that all the best songs slayer have ever made (e.g. angel of death, reign in blood, south of heaven, mandatory suicide, war ensemble, dead skin, seasons, bitter peace - you can go on with the list) are written by hanneman with araya's lyrics most of the time. second thing is that each of the duo JH-KK tend to screw around on every other album, starting with RIB (mostly written by hanneman) through SOH (king) SITA (JH) Divine (KK) diabolus (JH) - which i think was a successful album even though it sounded a bit too HC at first - and GHUA (KK but still with the few best songs written by JH) we can predict how the next album should be. i think you see the point. i like king's brain-ripping songs but only when there are like about 4 on an album, actually i think KK is not too musical, i also think he's not too smart either (read lyrics). so im lookin forward to hear some really good moody shit (thx 2 JH & TA) with some fuckin great lombardos chops along with a few kerry's punk-aggressive riffs.
thats gotta be a good album. and music too cause its not only about headbanging or maybe im just too old ;)
if not, well... whatever

peace!!!

Rapture 2004-09-13 20:08

a newbie's first post was actually intelligent, well thought out, and thought provoking. thats amazing. i know my first post was probably absolute bullshit, and most newbs start a thread of complete shit when they join

SuNioj0369 2004-09-16 14:02

I'll definatly look forward to some lyrics by Tom and a lot less Durst-like "fucks".

BassBehemoth 2004-09-17 16:12

You fucking useless space of living matter. I shit down your throat.

Slabbefusk 2004-09-17 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid+Roach
Slayer is abunch of ###### old men you ########'s. They're finished, just like metallica. Get over it.
:sickface:SlayeR

Your a pile of #### you ######, can i #### down your throat and shoot your dog while i am at it?! EHH?!

BassBehemoth 2004-09-17 16:37

Way to steal my insult...

SoulOnFire 2004-09-17 18:27

Maybe they're dead? no one knows....