MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Kittie and Otep (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12871)

johnmansley 2004-07-30 09:32

Nor their looks: just the fact that they are women.

BeastOfCarrion 2004-07-30 09:41

what kind of promo pic is this shit, they are really promoting their music there

http://www.kittierocks.com/gallery/thumbs/kitty03.jpg

Casketcrusher 2004-08-01 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion

Still that's more Satanic than just all out Gore. I've already heard Sinister before, they are pretty cool.

lamb_of_god 2004-08-01 19:47

I hate Otep. I keep seeing the commercial for there new album and it's gonna blow so bad. Every time I see it I punch myself in the nuts!!!

BeastOfCarrion 2004-08-02 01:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb_of_god
I hate Otep. I keep seeing the commercial for there new album and it's gonna blow so bad. Every time I see it I punch myself in the nuts!!!

be careful, you might steralise yourself

lamb_of_god 2004-08-02 02:04

Who cares, Otep suck that bad, i'd like to be sterile knowing i might spawn a bitch like there singer.

*KITTIE GOT HOT!

Dissection 2004-08-02 05:46

Kittie and Otep?

Crap and Crap.

BeastOfCarrion 2004-08-02 05:58

Disection's hotness > |hotness (kittie + otep)| x 7
atifman's hotness > |hotness (kittie + otep)| x 9
johnmansley's hotness > |hotness (kittie + otep)| x 11

for all you calculus freaks

BrokenCrimson 2004-08-02 06:39

Otep suck so bad it's not funny. The vocals piss me off, they're plain disgusting. The reason that women don't go into gore is because it's... gore. Not very appealing to women, really. I like grindcore, but I'd never be in a grindcore band because of the atmosphere surounding grindcore. Black, death and doom metal on the other hand are a bit more bearable.

Using female members as marketing tools is sick. Those bands would probably be long dead and unknown if not for the female vocalists. Arch Enemy, on the other hand, plain kicks ass and deserves a lot more appreciation and fans than it already has. Damn, once I dreamt I met Angela Gussow and I was telling her how much I admire the strenght of her voice and that she's an inspiration to all female metalheads out there, and she slapped me on the wrist and told me to treat her like an average person and continued to talk about fishing. It was very strange.

Dissection 2004-08-02 06:42

Quote:
Disection's hotness > |hotness (kittie + otep)| x 7
atifman's hotness > |hotness (kittie + otep)| x 9
johnmansley's hotness > |hotness (kittie + otep)| x 11

for all you calculus freaks

Aww, my lover says I'm hot. ;)

AbbathGS 2004-08-02 13:47

Quote:
be careful, you might steralise yourself

Shhhhhh!

timedragon 2004-08-02 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
Damn, once I dreamt I met Angela Gussow and I was telling her how much I admire the strenght of her voice and that she's an inspiration to all female metalheads out there, and she slapped me on the wrist and told me to treat her like an average person and continued to talk about fishing. It was very strange.

dreams kick ass

johnmansley 2004-08-02 14:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
Aww, my lover says I'm hot. ;)

Yeah, but he says that I'm 11/7 times hotter than you. Nuh nuh nuh-nuh nuh :D

Cunty Shunt 2004-08-02 15:16

I think that Otep is on my list for most hated band right now. I happened to see their video and was disgusted. Is she claims to be such a poet then why is she making up a bunch of political lyrics that anyone could write. She sucks, her lyrics suck, Otep sucks.

As for Kittie, I think they do suck, but I give them a tiny amount of respect for trying to pull off stoner rock. One of my friend's bands played with them in Wisconson so I met them, the sisters in the band are nice, but they still suck.

Dissection 2004-08-02 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Yeah, but he says that I'm 11/7 times hotter than you. Nuh nuh nuh-nuh nuh :D

Yeah, but I'm one of Jerry's Kids :D ;)

Dissection 2004-08-02 16:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
As for Kittie, I think they do suck, but I give them a tiny amount of respect for trying to pull off stoner rock. One of my friend's bands played with them in Wisconson so I met them, the sisters in the band are nice, but they still suck.

STONER ROCK?! YOUR FULL OF SHIT!

Stoner Rock = Unida, Kyuss, Orange Goblin, etc. Not bullshit Nu-Metal.

fuskitzo 2004-08-03 08:40

:(

Oracle was kitties best album, their new song into the darkness, i think blows big time and Im a fan... Morgan doesnt seem to growl anymore, new bassist Jennifer Arroyo (who looks disturbingly like Tom Arraya) does growling whilst Morgan sings... new metally guff! Highly disappointed with their new stuff. :( As for Otep as Ive said in the best female vox thread she is just a gerny ole slut! Nice face...pity but the complaining ....typical WOMEN!! :angry:

Dissection 2004-08-03 13:39

Otep has no good points; its all just horrible shit.

johnmansley 2004-08-03 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
Yeah, but I'm one of Jerry's Kids :D ;)

You've lost me there, kiddo.

Dystopia 2004-08-03 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
You've lost me there, kiddo.

I think it's something like a benifit program for poor people. (I have no idea)

A few local bands did I benifit show for something called Jerry's Kids. They were giving out free food and drinks.