MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Now playing topic (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12862)

Darkenelf 2004-07-27 05:27

Now playing topic

hey,

isn't it handy to make an extra bar below the message box, with a now playing opportunity?

This because, the lots of posts in that topic.

BeastOfCarrion 2004-07-27 05:30

wouldnt that defy the point of the now playing thread? (rampant postwhorage)

Darkenelf 2004-07-27 05:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
wouldnt that defy the point of the now playing thread? (rampant postwhorage)

yeah indeed!

Brutally_Hacked 2004-07-27 06:44

good idea, i reckon... then i could spread the doom that is the music i'm listening to at that particular time to everyone, EVERYONE I SAY!!!!!!!!!!

...but the now playing thread has the same purpose...

...so yeah...

BLS 2004-07-27 10:29

why? now playing thread would fine.

ShredIsNotDead 2004-07-27 12:34

Everybody has to stop bitching about the now playing thread. If you don't like it, don't look at it. Who cares if people post a lot in it? I find it nice to see what other people are listening too. I just really don't see why it is so bad. If need be, cover it with your finger when looking at chit chat, and maybe it won't cause you so much emotional damage and pain. There are some good therapists out there as well, keep your mind open.

brainsforbreakfast 2004-07-27 16:28

I realy dont care eather way if it exists or not.

johnmansley 2004-07-28 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
Everybody has to stop bitching about the now playing thread. If you don't like it, don't look at it. Who cares if people post a lot in it? I find it nice to see what other people are listening too. I just really don't see why it is so bad. If need be, cover it with your finger when looking at chit chat, and maybe it won't cause you so much emotional damage and pain. There are some good therapists out there as well, keep your mind open.

That's all very well if you don't like the now playing thread. However, if you do like it and are pissed off by seeing someone post 20 straight songs with no banter between other users, it becomes very annoying.

Nihilist 2004-07-28 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
That's all very well if you don't like the now playing thread. However, if you do like it and are pissed off by seeing someone post 20 straight songs with no banter between other users, it becomes very annoying.

Exactly. That is why it gets closed. I'm fine with it all, but it goes beyond just posting what song you are listening to sometimes.

Dyldo 2004-07-28 17:21

Is it possible to have a forum detect what you are currently lisning to or what it have to be inputed manually? I think that would be pretty cool. Espically for you people who are "interested in seeing what other people are lisning to" it would be even better than a Now Playing thread. You wouldn't have to go into a thread and scan through to see whos lisning to what, you just look at the posts in front of you.

The Doctor 2004-07-28 17:34

ive seen that some places

BeastOfCarrion 2004-07-28 18:07

yeah, i think there is some kind of code that can be used to make pictures that people put in their signatures

ShredIsNotDead 2004-07-28 20:47

you can do it on msn, I'm sure you can do it here

BLS 2004-07-28 22:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Is it possible to have a forum detect what you are currently lisning to or what it have to be inputed manually? I think that would be pretty cool. Espically for you people who are "interested in seeing what other people are lisning to" it would be even better than a Now Playing thread. You wouldn't have to go into a thread and scan through to see whos lisning to what, you just look at the posts in front of you.

If Nomad is fluent in PHP than im sure he can code something.

Not worth it IMO remember, you people bitch about sigs :p

BeastOfCarrion 2004-07-28 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Not worth it IMO remember, you people bitch about sigs :p

it would be irevivent if you all had nice one line signatures, like me :D

BLS 2004-07-29 02:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
it would be irevivent if you all had nice one line signatures, like me :D

its ALT F4

just dont press CTRL W

Rapture 2004-07-29 02:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko

bet we could catch some of you listening to nu metal or punk or some thing lol. nah probably not, u people really like ur metal. id be caught hitting some softer stuff occasionally

Severed_Head_Stoner 2004-07-29 05:08

HA, FAG - Cartman

Dammit, me being the curious/stupid cunt, i pressed CTRL W lol *shakes head*

wouldnt you have to change the note saying what your listening to after each change of song though?

BLS 2004-07-29 14:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
bet we could catch some of you listening to nu metal or punk or some thing lol. nah probably not, u people really like ur metal. id be caught hitting some softer stuff occasionally

What wrong with that?

No one ever listens to JUST metal.

When i wants softer stuff ill throw on Book of Shadows (Zakk Wylde) or some Opeth (Damnation)

i know somone would fall for ctrl w :D

atifman 2004-07-29 18:07

now playing thread is fine.
it isn't postwhorage, 'cause the NP threads always get deleted.