MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   People wanting to start a band (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12632)

Severed_Head_Stoner 2004-07-17 23:23

People wanting to start a band

I think there could be a forum for people starting up a band, and they could post links to some of their tracks, for constructive critisism. Also people who play an instrument, but don't have anyone in their area to start a band with, could post their location, and maybe there are people who live nearby, with the same musical interests and problems.
Just an idea.

Keep up the good work, cheers :beer:

Brutally_Hacked 2004-07-17 23:30

brilliant dude, brilliant.

Where I live is so out of the way and lame though that I doubt anybody will have heard of it, let alone live nearby.

Australia (cruddy, eh?), Victoria (even worse), Maryborough (pity me)

Just interested if anybody around here is into good music. I'm yet to come across anyone. The closest to a metalhead around here (to my knowledge) is the fags who listen to slipknot & korn, and who think that girls can't play guitar. So you see, I am deprived of cool people. :(

metal=life 2004-07-18 00:33

Its been said once and it'll be said once more I guess. Horrible idea because people on this site are from all over the world. I doubt theres gonna be anyone from your location who is on here. And if they are, they probobly won't play the instrument you need or even like the genre of music you do. You need to go to a site that has local bands in your area and then ask there. Or do the old fashion ad placings in papers or music stores

BLS 2004-07-18 00:47

Me and Atif can start a band, ummm soulinsane can move back to IL and he cna joib... then that other dude who is from il (beatorcarrion i think) can be in it too!!!! cool! radical biznatch

Severed_Head_Stoner 2004-07-18 05:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutally_Hacked
brilliant dude, brilliant.

Where I live is so out of the way and lame though that I doubt anybody will have heard of it, let alone live nearby.

Australia (cruddy, eh?), Victoria (even worse), Maryborough (pity me)

Just interested if anybody around here is into good music. I'm yet to come across anyone. The closest to a metalhead around here (to my knowledge) is the fags who listen to slipknot & korn, and who think that girls can't play guitar. So you see, I am deprived of cool people. :(

Haha, good point, i live in Victoria and i've never heard of Maryborough lol.

It was just an idea

Brutally_Hacked 2004-07-18 05:44

yeah, nobody's heard of it, its a shitty town with high unemployment & suicide rates, and everyone's on the dole, and... well I'm getting out as soon as I can.

Where do you live in victoria?

Severed_Head_Stoner 2004-07-18 06:11

I live in Melbourne, the Arse End of Australia, where is MaryBorough near?

Brutally_Hacked 2004-07-18 06:18

Maryborough is half an hour out of bendigo, 40 mins out of ballarat... The closer surrounding towns are equally as shit is this one.

Dude, if you spent one week in Maryborough you would change your views entirely... it is, without a doubt, the Overlord of all the Arse Ends...

Severed_Head_Stoner 2004-07-18 06:24

Ouch, that sucks.
All i need is my CDs and my CD player and im fine, i just listen to Slayer and At The Gates 'till i want to go out and hit something, then i go out and hit something, come back and eat something, and listen to some Immortal, then get drunk, pass out, wake up sometime in the late afternoon, throw on some Cannibal Corpse, and do it all again :D

PS: as soon as a mod sees this thread it will be locked

Nihilist 2004-07-18 06:41

Yes, get back on topic.

Brutally_Hacked 2004-07-18 06:49

But the topic has been all talked out in 2 posts... no matter how much I want it, there is nobody, I repeat, nobody cool in Maryborough who would be into good music and play an instrument and not hate me. Shit happens... :(

Severed head, you're daily routine is the shit :beer:

Nihilist 2004-07-18 08:04

Alrighty then, no need to reply.

BestialWarrior 2004-07-18 18:39

15 years of Experience here on the guitar. And also for vocals.
Chicago Illinois is my residence.
Reply if interested in starting something death metal-wise.
:vampire:

BLS 2004-07-18 19:59

see theirs one, me and beasty boy can make a band! fo rizzle

Severed_Head_Stoner 2004-07-18 23:46

See? My thread works :p

Brutally_Hacked 2004-07-19 01:43

*applauds the stoner with the severed head*

BeastOfCarrion 2004-07-19 01:59

i live in australia BLS

and there is nothing wrong with mayrborough, there are nice trees there
(i live about 30 minutes away)

and on topic, although its a good idea in theory, your chances of having this as a good place to meet band members isnt good, for a start they need to be actice members on the forum, and constantly visit to see people posts
you have a far better chance of converting people to metal than you do of recruiting bend members from the site

ShredIsNotDead 2004-07-19 02:34

move to Calgary and start a band with me,
Death Metal and Cacophony,
Calgarians are musically deprived you see,
so get the fuck over here and fulfill this plea!

Brutally_Hacked 2004-07-19 02:53

Serious, thirty minutes away? where do you live?

ShredIsNotDead 2004-07-19 02:56

South East. Community called Sundance