MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vocal Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Screaming/Growling Styles (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12202)

Transient 2004-07-06 08:25

thats nice!

timedragon 2004-07-06 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Does anyone know fleshgrind?

Actually, my friend told me that not too long ago, when he saw them, he was given the pleasure of doing the voclas on the song "holy pedophile". I wasnt there, but he said it was a fuckin good night. Afterwards he drank, and got this really old "rare" tape signed, which the guitarist said they havnt seen one of in years. That tape used to be mine, but he just sort of claimed it one day :confused: I should've gone!

L,B'XXX 2004-07-06 19:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
:rolleyes:

:D

Infinity 2004-07-06 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
Actually, my friend told me that not too long ago, when he saw them, he was given the pleasure of doing the voclas on the song "holy pedophile". I wasnt there, but he said it was a fuckin good night. Afterwards he drank, and got this really old "rare" tape signed, which the guitarist said they havnt seen one of in years. That tape used to be mine, but he just sort of claimed it one day :confused: I should've gone!

Man you totally got shitted there! like i need to tell you that though... :P

MoonRaven 2004-07-06 22:42

my growls at the moment sound kinda like older opeth, they were deeper, more like new opeth, but i am messing around with some new things at the moment. i dont really know how to explain how to do it, but fro9m the throat it sounds more raspy, from the chest area, much deeper. for screaming, tensen up your stomach, and force the air out, my screams sound like deep barks, they are kinda cool, wouldnt do them for vox, maybe a few added little things, but not lead vox.

powersofterror 2004-07-07 12:41

The longer your hair is, the prettier your voice will be....Take Tobia Sammet for example.:rolleyes:

Trendkill_420 2004-07-07 18:55

I sound like cookie monster

lamb_of_god 2004-07-09 00:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
my growls at the moment sound kinda like older opeth, they were deeper, more like new opeth, but i am messing around with some new things at the moment. i dont really know how to explain how to do it, but fro9m the throat it sounds more raspy, from the chest area, much deeper. for screaming, tensen up your stomach, and force the air out, my screams sound like deep barks, they are kinda cool, wouldnt do them for vox, maybe a few added little things, but not lead vox.

What do you mean tensen up your stomach? You mean like suck in my gut? :(

Infinity 2004-07-09 01:02

tensen, you know, like someone's gonna ounch you. tense youre abs

Infinity 2004-07-09 01:03

and by ounch i mean punch

lamb_of_god 2004-07-09 01:27

Ah ha, I see!

BOSE 2004-07-09 09:33

It's really hard to explain, but my advice is to got with what ever hurts your voice less, if it hurts at all. Funny thing is when you have a microphone in front of you you don't have to yell your ass off, you people telling us to 'give it are all' are just setting you up for vocal damage. I've talk to alot of singer for major bands, and all have told me you just gotta learn how to whisper into the mic, and save the way loud voice for the right times.

powersofterror 2004-07-10 20:28

Yelling thickens the vocal cords, and that's what these kids want; to get a manly voice.

Transient 2004-07-10 20:59

how would someone do a burzum style screech?

Dystopia 2004-07-11 04:02

What bose said, don't yell your lungs out. You have a mic with a volume knob on the mixer, turn it up but don't scream too loud or else you will fuck up your voice. One of the main things is use your diaphragm. It is possibly the most important part in vox. What you should do is in a lower/quieter(like a whisper) voice and using your diaphragm, try to find the pitch you want, and slowly day by day (I know this sounds boring, but this is a good way) making it louder and louder until you have it basically down. Then - Practice!

ShredIsNotDead 2004-07-11 13:23

Trev from Black Dahlia Murder is the best screamer in my opinion. He also does quite the growl.

Necro_Butcher 2004-07-11 22:00

just listen to the scream and try to copy it

you will eventually get it

i can do most any type of scream/growl i hear now

wwwgravesend1com 2004-07-11 23:15

yea i deff agree with the imitating part just to get down the way to do it but i also think that its always best to scream in ur natural voice and push on the stomach....or pretend ur about to get punched in it if u will...milk is crap...a little jack daniels on the other hand....

powersofterror 2004-07-12 20:14

Haha, yeah...

Dystopia 2004-07-14 03:21

http://www.musicians.com/forums/sho...3?threadid=3993

I searched "how to scream" on google and got that a long time ago.