MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Avatars (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210)

Chris Rezendes 2007-02-12 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
My guess would be that this hasn't been updated for the following reasons:

1. Avatars are stupid.
2. Avatars are unnecessary, frivolous pieces of meaningless, ostentatious ornamentation.
3. Strict rule engender creativity (necessity, invention).
4. You'd have to have a lot invested in a small picture next to a name you've made up to talk to people you don't know in a location that doesn't exist to really want something better than what you've already got, and it's really better for you as a person if you invest that energy elsewhere.
5. Avatars are still stupid.

In other words, waste your worrying on something else. This couldn't be less important if it were a bowl of oatmeal.

I could use a larger avatar size. Pedro is all scrunched and distorted. :(

Obviously, though, it hasn't been important enough for me to say anything about it the past few years.

PST 88 2007-02-13 03:17

Pedro is full-sized and in regular proportions in reality, which is fitting, since he was made to exist there instead of in a little picture next to a forum name.

I'll put in another vote for free oatmeal for forum members. That'd beat the hell out of an avatar. I'll also vote that FBS supervise oatmeal production.

Chris Rezendes 2007-02-15 19:45

Quote:
Pedro is full-sized and in regular proportions in reality, which is fitting, since he was made to exist there instead of in a little picture next to a forum name.

Maybe he was meant to EXIST in reality, but he LOOKS better next to my name. Or he would, if my avatar size were larger.

What happened to David Cross, anway?

Requiem 2007-02-19 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
What happened to David Cross, anway?

HAHA

What a hypocrite.

Infinity 2007-02-19 19:42

My guess would be that this hasn't been updated for the following reasons:

1. Avatars are stupid.
2. Avatars are unnecessary, frivolous pieces of meaningless, ostentatious ornamentation.
3. Strict rule engender creativity (necessity, invention).
4. You'd have to have a lot invested in a small picture next to a name you've made up to talk to people you don't know in a location that doesn't exist to really want something better than what you've already got, and it's really better for you as a person if you invest that energy elsewhere.
5. Avatars are still stupid.

In other words, waste your worrying on something else. This couldn't be less important if it were a bowl of oatmeal.

He's not denying he possesses any of those properties, therefore he is not a hipocrite.

PST 88 2007-02-20 00:44

My avatar was a stupid, unnecessary, frivolous piece of meaningless, ostentatious ornamentation. However, because I am, according to the testimony of a couple dozen idiots, in all likelihood David Cross himself, I'm allowed to decorate the places in my life with pictures of my beautiful face. I later installed a mirror next to the monitor, and no pixellated image or even the most animated .gif can compare with the crystal-clear, ever-changing, endlessly inventive image by which I am now constantly enthralled.

Pedro can't so much as pitch a single strike sitting next to your name. Do you really want him where his talents can't shine?

Chris Rezendes 2007-02-20 23:36

Quote:
Pedro can't so much as pitch a single strike sitting next to your name. Do you really want him where his talents can't shine?

But... what if... I guess not. :(