MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Megadeth? (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11937)

MetalThrashingMad 2004-06-15 00:51

Megadeth?

I have searched around the internet, but can't really figure out what the hell is happening with Mustaine. I've heard that Megadeth is reforming, Dave Mustaine is doing solo work, he will start songwriting in a year or so, I don't really know what to believe. Does anyone know exactly what is happening?

BLS 2004-06-15 00:59

megadeth.com tells you what you need to know. The new megadeth cd will be called the system has failed.

Dyldo 2004-06-15 01:02

Megadeth needs to lay down and die. I love them..don't get me wrong; but the albums just keep getting shittier and shittier.

MetalThrashingMad 2004-06-15 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Megadeth needs to lay down and die. I love them..don't get me wrong; but the albums just keep getting shittier and shittier.

This is true. 'Rude Awakening' was awesome, I liked the track 'Return to Hangar' but the rest of their newest album was sub-par. Even Kreator can't produce a decent album anymore. The only band that keeps the old school thrash going is Exodus.

BLS 2004-06-15 01:05

hopefully this one will be better, i heard a clip and it was definetly ALOT better than "motopyshco" and that other bullshit. And Chris Poland wrote the leads so maybe it will be more like peace sells..

MetalThrashingMad 2004-06-15 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
hopefully this one will be better, i heard a clip and it was definetly ALOT better than "motopyshco" and that other bullshit. And Chris Poland wrote the leads so maybe it will be more like peace sells..

Ahhhhh... Peace Sells.... that would be good.

DeathCS 2004-06-15 18:30

I've heard their new song 'Kick the Chair'. It was ok. They've done a hell of a lot better than Metallica on their more resent albums. Well Duh. Lol St. Anger
Worst album ever...

Anubis 2004-06-15 19:48

It's not just Exodus. Overkill, Sodom, Destruction, Dreams of Damnation and even Death Angel come to mind.

I dug Kick the Chair. I'll be buying the new album.

Superjointed 2004-06-15 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko

True that..666

Soulinsane 2004-06-15 22:07

:eek: I don't believe my eyes... Megadeth will never have a bad rep with me... But I do hope the next album kicks some ass better than before.

I have waited many years, dreaming and praying every night to God and Satan, who ever will listen to my desperate cries, that Chris Poland get back with Dave and return Megadeth back to it's former glory. So doom on everyone who doesn't believe in the cause, hehe; this is a dream come true for me and most of the metal world.

DEAD 2004-06-15 22:15

I'm sorry but fuck Chris Poland. Marty Friedman is where it is at.

Soulinsane 2004-06-15 22:32

NNOOOOOOOOO!

I like Marty, but fuck him right in the ear compared to Chris, imo of course. To me, Peace Sells has got to be the best Megadeth album ever made and I feel that it is no small part due to Chris. The leads on that album own anything that I have ever heard Marty play. Pure uncut 100% grade A+ thrash metal. Hell, Marty's doing pop techno rock now, his life long dream.

BLS 2004-06-15 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
I'm sorry but fuck Chris Poland. Marty Friedman is where it is at.

their two totally different guitarist

DeathCS 2004-06-16 00:01

I liked them both. Marty probably a little more. I just dig his solos more.

Stuff is Great 2004-06-16 00:30

NNnnnnooooooooooo!!!!!! Why can't these arseholes just leave well enough alone? Not content with the very dead horse of Megadeth's former (PRE-Youthanasia) glory being flogged into a puddle. These...these...BASTARDS come back to once again tarnish the name of a band that once ruled but no longer does. Like, at all. This is really like trying to RE-resurrect Jesus. Yeah, he's important & probably a cool guy, but he's fucking dead! And he smells just like any other rotting corpse! Argh!

Sorry to anyone that still has the tenacity to keep the dream alive for this band, but show me a song they've made in the last ten years that comes even close to being as good as Hanger 18. No one? That's what I thought.

BLS 2004-06-16 01:42

:rolleyes:

Stuff is Great 2004-06-16 01:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
:rolleyes:

Hey, you can't speak to me like that!

...I'm very passionate about my thrash....

Soulinsane 2004-06-16 04:50

Return to hanger 18 ;)

Ten Ton Alien 2004-06-16 08:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Return to hanger 18 ;)

probaly they'll have a brand new "road trip to Hangar 18"...

Soulinsane 2004-06-16 08:19

Haha, ya, or Hanger 18 parking lot