MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   100 Most Metal Moments (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11787)

MyOwnSavior 2004-06-09 01:16

100 Most Metal Moments

Have you seen this show one VH1. It was surprisingly pretty good. I was amased that they showed when Dead from Mayhem comitted suicide and when Gorgoroth played a concert in Vatican City. But I didn't think Hearing-Aid should have been #1.

DEAD 2004-06-09 01:38

Yeah, it was awesome, since Mayhem and Burzum are "Norwegian Death Metal" and all...

MyOwnSavior 2004-06-09 01:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
Yeah, it was awesome, since Mayhem and Burzum are "Norwegian Death Metal" and all...

Yeah I noticed that, I couldn't help but think how bad they screwed that up. Also, they talked about how evil the Mayhem/Burzum and Gorgoroth moments were, but one guy still said that Slayer is the most evil band around. Oh dear... :p

brainsforbreakfast 2004-06-09 01:58

For an Music channel, I'm suprised they didn't call it "Norwegian nu-metal" :smash:

BLS 2004-06-09 02:52

Wow i watched a shitload of it now.. they had the Mayhem story (kinda toned it down and fucked it up) They had some shit about GWAR!!! Which was cool aghhh and another cool thing but i forgot

Dissection 2004-06-09 05:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD

Yeah, I know. :rolleyes:

Especially since the Mayhem story is 1000000x more metal than Def Leppard having sex back stage.

Soulinsane 2004-06-09 06:28

My favorite moment was when Dave Mustaine shot his drunk mouth off in Ireland about the IRA :drunk: Had to take Megadeth out of the country in a bullet proof bus :D The band was so pissed at him, hehe!

MetalThrashingMad 2004-06-09 06:48

I don't have cable TV so I wouldn't know?

Cybris 2004-06-09 13:22

watched it was great. the mayhem part was awesome...however i was also upset with number one! all those guys getting together to make the STARS album, that wasn't metal it just sucked...no offense to those metal greats but one metal singer is good, but 50? i dont think so

Transient 2004-06-09 13:27

hearing aid?what?

BLS 2004-06-09 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
My favorite moment was when Dave Mustaine shot his drunk mouth off in Ireland about the IRA :drunk: Had to take Megadeth out of the country in a bullet proof bus :D The band was so pissed at him, hehe!

AHAHAHAAH yeh that was great, Good Old Dave. Hes always causing problems. I CANT WAIT TILL THE NEW MEGADETH CD

Soulinsane 2004-06-09 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
AHAHAHAAH yeh that was great, Good Old Dave. Hes always causing problems. I CANT WAIT TILL THE NEW MEGADETH CD

:eek: Hoooooly Shit!!! I didn't know he was going to start Megadeth again. I hope that Dave does make some band, though, because I need a old Megadeth flavor fix. He should get his old guitarist, Chris Poland, back from Peace Sells.

I know he would like to do a semi-Reunion ( no Cliff, RIP ) CD/show with Metalica; Dave on lead guitar, singing Metalica's songs, James singing Megadeth's songs. Lars and James said they would do it; sounded like fun with no fighting now that they are all sober. Kirk said he was all for taking a back seat and watching the show, he wouldn't be pissed. I don't know who would play Bass?

I bet that would make a top 100 metal moment.

dying-oath 2004-06-09 17:27

Hell Yeah.

BLS 2004-06-09 18:34

your gonna be real happy soulinsane.. He asked Marty if he wanted to start megadeth up but marty said no... soooo HE GOT CHRIS!! From what i heard it sound awesome. He also said he wants to tour with Testament, Anthrax and Exodus.... that would be one badass thrash tour!

"MEGADETH's new album, "The System Has Failed", is scheduled for release on September 14 through Sanctuary Records. "The System Has Failed" was recorded at Phase Four studios in Tempe, Arizona and is set to feature cover artwork by Ed Repka. Joining Mustaine on the recording are drummer Vinnie Colaiuta and bassist Jimmy Sloas. Additional lead guitar tracks were laid down by former MEGADETH guitarist Chris Poland"

Soulinsane 2004-06-09 20:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
your gonna be real happy soulinsane.. He asked Marty if he wanted to start megadeth up but marty said no... soooo HE GOT CHRIS!! From what i heard it sound awesome. He also said he wants to tour with Testament, Anthrax and Exodus.... that would be one badass thrash tour!

"MEGADETH's new album, "The System Has Failed", is scheduled for release on September 14 through Sanctuary Records. "The System Has Failed" was recorded at Phase Four studios in Tempe, Arizona and is set to feature cover artwork by Ed Repka. Joining Mustaine on the recording are drummer Vinnie Colaiuta and bassist Jimmy Sloas. Additional lead guitar tracks were laid down by former MEGADETH guitarist Chris Poland"

:D Oh diggity damn :D

You just made my day BLS. I'm happier than a goth in Hot Topic during a solar eclipse on Friday the 13th. :D

MEGADETH RULES!!!!! Chris Poland is the best lead guitarist Megadeth has ever had. That dude kicks ass.

PantericA 2004-06-09 22:45

i liked marty better :)

DEAD 2004-06-09 23:40

Marty was a tad better. In other words, could play circles, squares, triangles, and octagons around Mr. Poland.

Soulinsane 2004-06-10 00:47

I don't know :rolleyes:

I'v heard stuff that Poland has played after Megadeth and it's pretty good. Marty is very good too, but I read an intrview where he bitched about how hard Poland's leads are to play. He was kinda kissing his ass; said he wanted to pick his brain to find out how he could play those crazy leads too.

Either way, MEGADETH IS BACK and we shall all see if Mr. Poland has kicked Marty's ass as soon as we hear the new album.

BLS 2004-06-10 03:18

Marty's awesome. I havent acually see Poland shred so i can judge him much. Either way im glad dave brought back poland instead of finding some new guy

gatty 2004-06-10 10:09

Hey Tesla Was On The VH1 100 most Metal Moments

What can I say ! I saw my favorite band Tesla :)

http://www.teslatheband.com/default.aspx/friend=2602