MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Exams (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11776)

Transient 2004-06-08 17:11

oh god, gotta love the ass backwards US measurement system

lets see, ill get a converter

32.2repeating

whats it there?

fatdanny 2004-06-08 17:12

It was 28 today - so you were quite a bit hotter

johnmansley 2004-06-08 17:21

The thing to remember with exams is that they are all testing the same thing until you get to university. What I mean by this is that all your exams preceding university will test you only on what you've learnt, ie, if you've got a great memory you'll fly through them without too much bother.

However, it all changes when you get to uni. At uni the exams are testing how you can use and adapt what you've learnt, ie, it's no good just having a good memory for facts as you also need to fully understand what you've been taught.

It's only a slight difference but people often don't appreciate it - you'll know someone who doesn't understand the difference between the two styles of examination because they say something like, "I never saw a question like that during the lectures" after the exam. I know this, because I said it too, but once I finally figured this subtle difference out I flew threw my final year exams as I knew best how to apply my learning.

So there you go - there's my experience, take from it what you will.

fatdanny 2004-06-08 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
At uni the exams are testing how you can use and adapt what you've learnt

Yeah definately - I prefer it that way because I hate revision, I like to work things out.

BLS 2004-06-08 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dimmu Monk
You're actually laughing at people who goes to school? WHAT A MORON!!

Next time you get pass on the highway by some guy with a 350z or a Porshe, keep in mind that he probably went to school longer than you. Try to laugh at him.

As for the rest of you guys, I sympathize. Luckely for me, I finished more than a month ago.

Expensive, Overly fast cars are for men who are insecure about the size of their penis... proven fact.

Shutup, Your gay

Dissection 2004-06-08 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Expensive, Overly fast cars are for men who are insecure about the size of their penis... proven fact.

Shutup, Your gay

Haha. :D

fatdanny 2004-06-08 17:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
ahaha school......... AHAHAHAAH

Wow a bum, i wish I was as cool as you

BLS 2004-06-08 17:45

everyone does... im so fuckin cool

i even graduated from high school... im the greatest

too bad your just gay

Soulinsane 2004-06-08 18:28

I graduated high school in 97', took summer school for 3 years as to take advanced classes that were geared for collage during the normal year, but never took typing so that my GPA wasn't fucked ( I can't spell ), got suspended like 35 times for smoking and other demostrations for the right of true freedom, was not allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony due to the fact it was thought I would pull some crazy stunt, the police stoped me from entering the ceremony as a spectator, still graduated with honors and extra credits, teachers loved me but the admin hated me, worked and payed my own way through 3 years of collage, but exams were a joke as long as I learned about the subjuct, I partied and had fun, girlfriend moved in a year prior, fun stoped, she got pissed and drunk and nearly shoot me with my own gun, got rid of that bitch and the gun, but not before she maxed out 2 of my credit cards, $5000+/-, I became broke, sold my beloved custom Jackson KV-1 and gear, couldn't pay to continue collage, life had no meaning, got burned burned out, worked just to live a meaningless life, said fuck it, lost my mind, became a homeless traveler, US Navy found me, couldn't believe my story, I took their test, they fucking fliped out, offered me a job in the Navy nuclear program, I took it, I took more exams, the hardest exams in my whole life, just ask Wally, he has been through it, life sucked a little more, then got much better, found a great girl, got married, had a child, got more guitars and gear, joined Metaltabs, and I'm currently getting fucked by US Customs office...

I'm done. :sleeping:

ShredIsNotDead 2004-06-08 19:21

you guys are just lucky you don't have to deal with the grade 8 exams :rolleyes:

Soulinsane 2004-06-08 19:41

Wow, 8th grade exams... br00tal! You were 3 y.o. when I started high school... I'm not dissing you... I just feel old; like a grandfather of metal music. Ha.. I still don't have shit on Ozzy. I hope I have as much spunk as he does live when I'm nearly 60 y.o.

Cybris 2004-06-08 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Wow, 8th grade exams... br00tal! You were 3 y.o. when I started high school... I'm not dissing you... I just feel old; like a grandfather of metal music. Ha.. I still don't have shit on Ozzy. I hope I have as much spunk as he does live when I'm nearly 60 y.o.

ahh quiet you geezer :D...ive got Junior Exams and I HATE THEM SO FUCKING MUCH!!!!

ShredIsNotDead 2004-06-08 19:57

Quote:
I hope I have as much spunk as he does live when I'm nearly 60 y.o.

we will see in a couple years wont we? :p

Dissection 2004-06-08 20:32

Quote:
US Navy found me, couldn't believe my story, I took their test, they fucking fliped out, offered me a job in the Navy nuclear program,

You must have scored fucking HIGH on your ASVABs to be in the nuclear program. What field?

Trendkill_420 2004-06-08 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dimmu Monk
Next time you get pass on the highway by some guy with a 350z or a Porshe, keep in mind that he probably went to school longer than you. Try to laugh at him.

Or his daddy did!!
reality check.

Soulinsane 2004-06-08 20:52

I only got an 89 on the asvab, plus I was very hung over that day and the navy loved it, but that isn't the hardest part because anything over a 60 will qualify you to take the advance placement test, and access to the nuke program. That thing isn't that hard either as long as you're proficient with science and math. The real hell didn't begin until 3 mounths later after boot camp. I don't know how I made it, but I was determined they would have to kill me to get rid of me... I didn't have anything better going for me.

Dissection 2004-06-08 20:52

haha. you ass. :p

Trendkill_420 2004-06-08 20:56

Quote:
I only got an 89 on the asvab, plus I was very hung over that day and the navy loved it, but that isn't the hardest part because anything over a 60 will qualify you to take the advance placement test, and access to the nuke program. That thing isn't that hard either as long as you're proficient with science and math. The real hell didn't begin until 3 mounths later after boot camp. I don't know how I made it, but I was determined they would have to kill me to get rid of me... I didn't have anything better going for me.

This explains why you were so hardcore on me for being "anti-american"

No personal attack intended.

Dissection 2004-06-08 21:06

Quote:

Haha. :D

And I am an aspiring Naval Officer. I might get into the Nuke program. The last thing they need: a rougue metalhead/Naval Officer firing nukes at Iraq. Bwahaha!

Soulinsane 2004-06-08 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendkill_420
This explains why you were so hardcore on me for being "anti-american"

No personal attack intended.

I understand, It's been beat into me forever.

I still like you, just don't bomb the US for no real damn good reason.