MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NU-metal that doesn't suck (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11768)

Cybris 2004-06-07 20:55

NU-metal that doesn't suck

Have any of you heard the band Mushroomhead? They kick ass! i went to one of their concerts and they totally brought the house down...They do sound rather nu-metalish but they are 300 times better then Slipknot...
possibly the only nu-metal band i've heard that doesn't suck.

ShredIsNotDead 2004-06-08 00:06

Ya i like mushroomhead man. The Wrist is one of my favorite songs ever.

timedragon 2004-06-08 01:26

I heard them about two years ago, at that time i liked some not so good bands, but even then i didnt like them. Now i just think they suck bad.

andrewc 2004-06-08 01:35

im not sure about nu metal that doesnt suck.

the only thing ive heard thats even remotely close to good nu metal is the latest skinlab album. that has some great vocals parts but is definitely nothing to write home about.

Dissection 2004-06-08 05:19

I used to listen to all that shit. I got rid of all the nu-metal except Static X and Mushroomhead, both of which are still in my CD rack. I RARELY (meaning not even once a year) listen to them.

All other nu-metal is fucking GHEY.

MoonRaven 2004-06-08 08:02

i like mushroomhead, they arent my favorite band, but they are good, even if the guitars do take a backseat to the keyboards.

Sodomaniac 2004-06-08 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
I used to listen to all that shit. I got rid of all the nu-metal except Static X and Mushroomhead, both of which are still in my CD rack. I RARELY (meaning not even once a year) listen to them.

All other nu-metal is fucking GHEY.

I have a Static X CD in too, and I never listen to it!

Bones98 2004-06-08 08:41

Static X's Wisconson Death Trip is pretty good, the doomy riffs from Otsegulation are cool, but I love the song Im With Stupid once the heavy palm muting part comes on.

PH 2004-06-08 09:25

Anybody who has used the following words in serious conversation is a dipshit:

nu-metal

that is all.

Ten Ton Alien 2004-06-08 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH

nu-metal

that is all.

why?

it's the name given by the media. what should we call it then?

Soulinsane 2004-06-08 09:51

I do like Static X.

As for other Nu metal :smash: I will listen to anything once and I'm open minded about it, but most Nu metal bands just don't put the wind in my sails.

A dude I work with brought the new Slipknot CD into work for everyone to listen to... at least parts of it are better than the last piece of shit they made. The funny thing about this stroy is this person who I thought had a mind for music said, "This album is the best thing to happen to metal music in 3 years. In fact, this CD is heavier than most heavy metal", I froze in shock :eek: Parts of it sounded good but overall I didn't like it.

MetalThrashingMad 2004-06-08 10:22

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! What the hell has gotten into you guys??:confused:

Sodomaniac 2004-06-08 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH

nu-metal

that is all.

The most posts don't contain this word! but you used it ! :p

Def 2004-06-08 12:27

shit, mushroomhead is. seen them live and wanted to throw up, I really, really didn't like them, they seemed like a gay ass dicksnot rip off with no creativity in riffs and all.

I agree with Atif, Skinlab ain't half bad, especially the old album, ehhh second skin or something, I got it somewhere over here. ahyeah, Skinlab Disembody : the new flesh. its not total crap.

Deftones is pretty neat too, they have a good live show IMO and some songs have a really chilly mood, but I guess they're more on the 'progressive' side of things too (especially if you listen to white pony)

as for Live, Mudvayne isnt bad, they have a crazy bassist, but I can't be arsed to actually listen to their cds (horrible...) same goes for that Chi-something band.

99% of all nu-metal is poop though :rolleyes:

Mordor 2004-06-08 13:17

i saw mushroom head at ozzfest 02, and they pretty much sucked, their songs are just boring

Def 2004-06-08 13:39

same, also at ozzfest 2002.

BLS 2004-06-08 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
shit, mushroomhead is. seen them live and wanted to throw up, I really, really didn't like them, they seemed like a gay ass dicksnot rip off with no creativity in riffs and all.

I agree with Atif, Skinlab ain't half bad, especially the old album, ehhh second skin or something, I got it somewhere over here. ahyeah, Skinlab Disembody : the new flesh. its not total crap.

Deftones is pretty neat too, they have a good live show IMO and some songs have a really chilly mood, but I guess they're more on the 'progressive' side of things too (especially if you listen to white pony)

as for Live, Mudvayne isnt bad, they have a crazy bassist, but I can't be arsed to actually listen to their cds (horrible...) same goes for that Chi-something band.

99% of all nu-metal is poop though :rolleyes:

If were where a tru h4rdc0r3 mushroomhead fan you would know that slipknot copied them :rolleyes:

If i want to watch a bunch of talentless assholes in costums attempt top play music ill go see gwar... atleast they put on a good lvie show

Def 2004-06-08 13:57

ohyeah, dicksnot came out with the masks later on, thats right.

then again, I'm not a ''h4rdc0r3 mushroomhead fan''

if I want to see guys with masks playing decent music I'll visit a SHOCKWAVE show :)

PH 2004-06-08 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodomaniac
The most posts don't contain this word! but you used it ! :p

Edit:

Anybody that says "dicksnot" is a fucking tool.

Thankyou for your time.

Def 2004-06-08 14:43

hahahahahah you're so lame its funny :D