MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poetry Lyrical (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Bubonic Plague (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11635)

rapeandruin 2004-06-03 00:57

The Bubonic Plague

wretched carrions of malformed rot.
oozing with pus and producing the Plague.
spreading through the city.

slowly dying diseased cling to each other in hope.
Boils become bloated and explode seeping soul destroying sludge.
flesh eating insects are called to do their masters bidding to end the lives of the tortured.

ghouls reign through the muggy streets filled with the dead.
stealing the riches of the damned.
pieces of the bodies are severed while the ghouls plunder.
signing their souls to the devil in the process.

the molten sun scorches the town.
the corpses begin to cook and open with infestation.
the stench is in equalibrium to the disgust of the unburied.

the city gates trap the survivors to wait for their death.
starving remnants struggle to escape this hell.

dying-oath 2004-06-03 10:40

Yeah, okay. I presume you didn't write that for a song did you? I'm repulsed by it. I don't know why, it might just be the title. Yeah, that's it. I would call it something like "The Black Death" I think that would make sense, seeing as it was called the black death, but also because i think what you want to convey is more of the death part, not the plague part.
"flesh eating insects are called to do their masters bidding to end the lives of the tortured." hah. see The Torture Chamber. that's funny. torture just keeps appearing all over. hmmmmmm....wonder why that is.

powersofterror 2004-06-03 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeandruin
wretched carrions of malformed rot.
oozing with pus and producing the Plague.
spreading through the city.

slowly dying diseased cling to each other in hope.
Boils become bloated and explode seeping soul destroying sludge.
flesh eating insects are called to do their masters bidding to end the lives of the tortured.

ha! This was great!:D Funny...

rapeandruin 2004-06-03 18:19

I wrote it in class on day after reciting a poem intitled Necrosis to a friend of mine. Yeah black death could work but bubonic plague just came to mine and its the same thing either way.

dying-oath 2004-06-04 08:19

Whatever. I just thought the title didn't fit, but it's your piece, so, whatever suits you. I thought you had some good stuff going on there though.

Pineappleystuff 2004-06-04 10:26

eheheh...that makes me really not want to eat dinner.

dying-oath 2004-06-05 08:41

Why? are you having meatloaf or something? I don't think there's ever been a time when I didn't want to eat dinner.

L,B'XXX 2004-06-09 15:36

Me either. I watch murder and mayhem shows all the time with Denny and munch pizza and stuff. It depends on what degree of grossness it is though.
This really didn't trip my trigger , but it's just a personal preference thing. I did read it though and it does have a pretty good flow of thoughts to it. I'm not sure how close to the Bubonic plague it actually is so I won't comment on that part.

rapeandruin 2004-06-09 19:54

it was all from memory no real info about the bubonic plague. I.e. i wasn't looking in a book getting info then writing.

L,B'XXX 2004-06-09 20:12

Maybe you should do a little research on it then just to keep from having it be misinformation OR you could make up your own plague name and that way you could have happen whatever you want. I saw a show on the history channel about it but don't remember the details.