MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Phil vs. Dime and Vinnie (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11546)

Cunty Shunt 2004-05-31 02:52

Phil vs. Dime and Vinnie

I personally think Phil is way better. Dime and Vinnie are a bunch of pussies. They went on stage with Disturbed (the worst fucking band ever) and played with them. Damageplan is a shitty version of Panter (which have been overratted anyway--Pantera I mean). Pantera would not have made it any where without Phil. All Phil's bands are good and I'm waiting for Eibon to come out. All in all I think I hate Dime and Vinnie. Rex is still allright.

Agent-Orange 2004-05-31 06:23

The best bands that Phil has been in is Pantera and Down, all the other bands are shit.

The Doctor 2004-05-31 07:17

Phillip

Mordor 2004-05-31 13:06

Dime and Vinnie piss all over Phil. Phils a stupid heroin addict who's had a million side projects which have all failed :angry:

Dyldo 2004-05-31 13:44

You can't compare the two really. They all do different things. But we all know that it comes down to what Mordor said.

MetalThrashingMad 2004-05-31 13:57

Mordor and Darko are both correct. This thread blows.

BLS 2004-05-31 14:11

Dumb question... easy answer

Dime and Vinnie, they started pantera. Phil's just a doped up loser who cant stick to one fuckin band. I rather listen to DP than Superdope whatever any day

harvester of sorrow 2004-05-31 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordor
Dime and Vinnie piss all over Phil. Phils a stupid heroin addict who's had a million side projects which have all failed :angry:

Yep...Exactly.

FearFrost 2004-05-31 17:26

Well you can see where pantera got all of its parts from, but the guys did made a good team, but when they split you could quickly see who played the different parts in Pantera, and all that. But really its like saying who is better at hockey Patrick Roy or Wayne Gretzky, they can't be related really its two different things.

Anubis 2004-05-31 22:14

In all honesty, Rex probably has the best chance now.

Phil: Left Pantera for Down and Superjoint. Then he left Down. Hmmmm... In all honesty, neither were as good as Pantera in their time.

Dime and Vinnie: Went on to form a band that, in all honesty, I could easily confuse with most modern bands. They're not band really, but there's nothing that makes me want to give a shit about them. At least Superjoint have the occasional good riff. Plus, Paul Lauchman or whatever seems to be a total Anselmo worshipper, without the point.

Rex: Is producing and playing for Crowbar. Crowbar may not get as much spotlight, but I'm willing to bet they get alot less bullshit.

So neither. I side with Rex.

Dyldo 2004-05-31 23:23

I'd say crowbar kicks fucking ass.

BeastOfCarrion 2004-06-01 00:15

Pantera should reform and go back to their origional days

of power metal!

andrewc 2004-06-01 02:17

i heard an interview with phil and what mordor said is true, hes a doped up loser!! it was hilarious hes like "aaaaaahhhh......errrr......reinventing the steel......was, everything, ahhhh, i wanted a slayer record to be.....errh, super arm dope ritual." *collapses* hahahahahahahahahah. :smash: :drunk:
PS. phil betrayed the metal scene with that total rubbish superjoint ritual.

PH 2004-06-01 07:44

Quote:

Hell yes. And to whomever said that they'd rather listen to DamagePlan than Superjoint Ritual - fucking absolutely.

MetalThrashingMad 2004-06-01 08:00

Quote:

It's soooo true! :p

DEAD 2004-06-01 13:00

The whole thing with Phill and his succesful bands is that, he had about 20 side projects, 2 of them were successful. Wow, thats 10%. Phill is just a useless waste of life these days.

The Doctor 2004-06-01 16:17

but fact is that all phil's sideprojects are much better that damageplan

Trendkill_420 2004-06-03 11:33

It all comes down to a matter of opinion really.
Personally, I thought phil was the shit. Then he started all his sideprojects, which i don't mind. But Now he just seems to be a racist, dope fiend.

I actually like damageplan. But my taste in metal is a bit different than most metalheads.

PH 2004-06-04 02:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
but fact is that all phil's sideprojects are much better that damageplan

Wrong answer.

MetalPoldi 2004-06-04 05:57

I really like DamgePlan, except for some songs. I listen to this CD at least once a day at the moment.
I like the sideprojects from Phil, at least the big ones: Down and Superjoint Ritual.
But i was never that deep in Pantera.