MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Zone (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Good Metal Guitars (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11287)

Cybris 2004-05-18 20:49

Good Metal Guitars

Now i know that half the kick ass sound u get from a metal band comes from their amps, but im lookin for a good "metal guitar." Right now i have an ibanez - X model and if u dont know what that is then go here and look it up. I have looked and some ESP's and other ibanez models like the K-7. which pickups do u guys prefer, the ESP's or the humbuckers? so far my ibanez is awesome, no tuning problems and hardly any maintenance but if u guys think u got a better guitar and tell me and i'll have a look see... :beer:

BLS 2004-05-18 20:54

The K-7 is the ULTIMATE METAL GUITAR!!!! KORN ROX MY SOX FOLIO :rolleyes:

MoonRaven 2004-05-18 23:35

from what ive played the K-7 isnt a bad guitar, who gives a fuck who plays the thing, if it sounds good, it sounds good. i am looking at a prs, not very metal look wise, but they sound amazing. you could always go les paul, although i am not a gibson fan, or a strat, although i am not a fender fan either. then there are b.c.rich's, which, no matter what people may say, are killer guitars, especially if you want a cool looking guitar. esp's arent bad, neither are jacksons, but the decision is really up to you, hell i play death metal on a squier affinity telecaster, which i have had since i started playing electric guitar almost 3 years ago, i have modified it though, but i still think it sounds shit loads better than any les paul or strat ive ever played.

mctriple 2004-05-19 01:29

im sold on the ibanez rg line.. i'm sellin my ibanez strat copy and gibson les paul special.. all i ever play is my 370 dx anymore. i might end up getting an old 570 or new 1570 instead before too long just for the nicer bridge, but this 370 is pretty sweet right now. i'll be putting dimarzio pups in as soon as i can get some money for the 2 axes that i'm selling.. then it'll have great metal sounds.

esps are obviously good for metal.. active pickups are quite good. dimarzio makes great passive pups though, and i need passives to keep the use of my h/s/h configuration.. can't blend the passive middle single with an active circuit :( you might have that problem too if you want h/s/h pups.

Arnstein 2004-05-19 08:01

I love BC Rich, they are indeed good metal guitars, both in sound and design.

MetalThrashingMad 2004-05-19 08:09

My LTD M-155 is great too, and many Jacksons are also good. Ibanez are great too, but usually more $

Mordor 2004-05-19 12:13

i fuckin hate bc rich's. They look fairly decent but sound like utter shit, if i was u i'd get a ESP, Maverick or Ibanez

MetalPoldi 2004-05-19 13:20

I've got a Ibanez S-series with the V1 and V2 Humbuckers and a S2 Singlecoil. I just play the bridge-HB, the V2. And it's really nice. Nice basses (altough some sound-engineers dislike that :D ), good sound.
A friend has an RG-series from Ibanez, a cheaper one and the sound has less bass and is not so clean.
So, if you could get an ibanez with these humbuckers, you'll get along well with that.

sonsstud 2004-05-19 14:57

I have a jackson KE3 and it's heavy as fuck and it plays really easy. But your guitar is pretty bad ass too!

DeathCS 2004-05-19 15:16

I play all my death/trash metal on a Washburn guitar. BC Rich isn't good unless you have enough money to order a custom one. Jacksons are pretty good.

Arnstein 2004-05-19 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordor
i fuckin hate bc rich's. They look fairly decent but sound like utter shit, if i was u i'd get a ESP, Maverick or Ibanez

Well, I get really necro sound on mine, so its ok :homer:

BLS 2004-05-19 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
from what ive played the K-7 isnt a bad guitar, who gives a fuck who plays the thing, if it sounds good, it sounds good. i am looking at a prs, not very metal look wise, but they sound amazing. you could always go les paul, although i am not a gibson fan, or a strat, although i am not a fender fan either. then there are b.c.rich's, which, no matter what people may say, are killer guitars, especially if you want a cool looking guitar. esp's arent bad, neither are jacksons, but the decision is really up to you, hell i play death metal on a squier affinity telecaster, which i have had since i started playing electric guitar almost 3 years ago, i have modified it though, but i still think it sounds shit loads better than any les paul or strat ive ever played.

are you aware that they colors look like ass and the floyd is useless because they sue that dumb bar... and you can get the same guitar for half the price... exactly who cares who plays it.... that why you get the cheaper verison with there names all over it.

Exodus666 2004-05-19 15:47

Get a Jackson.

metalprep6969 2004-05-19 16:07

I love my ESP like none other. It's a bit pricy, because the lower model ESPs are LTDs, so if it's ESP it's automatically high-end, but I love it. I'd also suggest a Gibson Les Paul, heavy as fuck if you replace the pickups. Gibsons also have nice Vs, though the only one that looks really metal is the Voodoo.

\m/

Cybris 2004-05-19 19:51

pricy

yea i love the b.c. rich series but when ya pick one up it seems like a novice guitar to play but never the less they look like beasts and kerry king plays one so that alone is a reason to get one. ive looked at many jacksons but they all have this new stringing system that would just make me go insane, im one of those lazy impatient types. :drunk: My ibanez x model is my little baby it has that Kiss sound (which i do love) and if u look in the photos of the Kiss official biography then u'll see my guitar strung around Paul Stanley's amazingly sexy body (not that im gay or anything)

metalprep6969 2004-05-19 20:22

BC Riches sound like shit when you buy them, but once you replace the hardware (tuners, nut, bridge (i replaced the tune-o-matic for a Tonepros locking tune-o-matic), and pickups, they are pretty nice. The fret job isn't horrible on my Platinum Series Warlock, though obviously not the greatest.

\m/

younguitarist 2004-05-19 21:54

I like my ibanez RG,it sounds great.i play mostly deathmetal.jackson DKMG has a good sound.

Arnstein 2004-05-20 07:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus666
Get a Jackson.

Get a life! :P

Grant 2004-05-20 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven

dude u talk so much crap I can't belive it

Mordor 2004-05-20 12:27

[QUOTE=MetalPoldi]I've got a Ibanez S-series [QUOTE]

Hell mutha fuckin ye!!! :) i fuckin love s series ibanez's, the zr trems pretty mint and they are so comfortabel