MetalTabs.com Forum

MetalTabs.com Forum (http://metaltabs.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://metaltabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The "rating" system (http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10167)

INVERTED 2004-03-22 14:30

The "rating" system

I hope I don't sound like I'm whining but I'm really getting tired of these stupid, fucking, little kids, who don't know how to play guitar, giving me (and others) a low vote because THEY suck. It's an ongoing problem. Who's gonna want to look at a tab with a 1/5 vote?

For example: Dark Tranquillity - Cathode Ray Sunshine. This tab if FROM Martin Hendrikson of DARK TRANQUILLTY!!!!!!!!!! How much more perfect can one get?!?!?!?!? :angry: Some dick gave me a vote of 1... This is just one exampe. There are many many more.

I'm tired of these fucks coming here clicking a button and leaving. You should HAVE to be a registered member to vote. Why give the privileges to the one's who just surfed in? Furthermore, each vote should be uniqe and show who the voter is. Maybe it would stop these backstabbing fucks?

Anyway, I don't give a shit. It just makes me not even want make anymore tabs for these ungrateful little kids.

Father Death 2004-03-22 14:46

i hear ya man...maybe just get rid of the rating system all together...but then again, for most of the bands on this site, thier isn't anymore than 2 or 3 different tabs across the entire internet of these bands, and in some cases the tabs on this site are the only ones, so regarldess of the rating, i tihn most people who actually take the time to search for a tab will look at it reagardless of the rating....at least they should...

but yeah, fucking moron kids.

Def 2004-03-22 14:54

mm, yeah I agree, I mean, theres lots of tabs with a relatively low rating whilst they aren't all that bad.

my tabs all have high rating because most of the poeple that used them where directed to those tabs by myself, and not many others would want to use that tab, I only tabbed songs of a pretty unknown band, so not many people will use/vote for them, thats why they've got a high rating, if you take, lets say a random slayer song, loads of poeple will play it and vote for it, some cunts just can't even read tabs descently and get pissed and vote '1', which is just stupid.

I guess the rating system has its advantages, but it has its disadvantages too.

nomad 2004-03-22 15:24

You're reading my thoughts mate :)

I will change it so that only registered members will be able to vote. In addition, I might also implement user comments on tabs, I'm still not sure if it's a useful feature.

This will be done around May. :beer:

powersofterror 2004-03-22 16:14

Comments on the rating should go "hand in hand" or required with a vote. Because how else will we be able to perfect a tab that is exactly right in the first place...:rolleyes:. Heh, and make it so you can only vote ONCE.

Father Death 2004-03-22 16:14

i'd say comments are more usefull then the rating system itself...sure people might still comment "THIS SUCKS, YOU SUCK" even if it doesn't, but then someone else will tell the first guy he's a moron and that'll be that...and there might actually be constructive criticism like "oh you missed a note at the end of this riff, it sould be this" etc.

so yeah looking forward to the comment deal. :beer:

Nihilist 2004-03-22 17:08

Would the comments be only for registered users too?

nomad 2004-03-22 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
Would the comments be only for registered users too?

Yep

Corpsevomit98 2004-03-22 18:11

The comments/corrections thing is a good idea. For people who dont think it is right they can look at the comments/corrections and just try another way to see if its right.

BestialWarrior 2004-03-22 18:16

I agree with everyone above. That's all I've seen a lot lately, is a bunch of teens doing what was mentioned above. A lot of them have no clue what it's like to even write and tab music in general. Some tabs take forever, while some are easy as hell...Either way, the comment thing would be a great idea while only members have access..

:vampire:

Nihilist 2004-03-22 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
Yep

OK, I'm with that then. You wouldn't get all the "YOUR TAB SUCKS" nonsense then.

..Unless someone registers solely for that purpose, of course.

powersofterror 2004-03-22 20:56

hahaha

BeastOfCarrion 2004-03-22 21:14

its a pity that the tabs dont stay too long in the posting forum, whcich would give people a bit of a chance to put a few comments in there

SpiritCrusher 2004-03-22 21:20

I agree with BOC

powersofterror 2004-03-23 00:35

then post quicker, ;)

johnmansley 2004-03-23 06:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
You're reading my thoughts mate :)

I will change it so that only registered members will be able to vote. In addition, I might also implement user comments on tabs, I'm still not sure if it's a useful feature.

This will be done around May. :beer:

Seems like a good idea to me. The user comments will give anyone viewing the tab an idea of how the tab has been received by other members and could possibly influence a more accurate vote rather than just an ignorant click of 1.

A log of who voted would be a good idea too because that would also encourage people to be honest with their votes and not deliberately give a tab a low score out of petulance.

How about that a tab is required to have at least one vote from a mod? There are a few mods around so taking the time to rate a tab of a song that they are familiar with shouldn't take too long. Each tab could have a "moderated by ---" tag and the respective vote. I think this would also influence people to vote honestly and would give every tab at least one vote and therefore a rating. Maybe this would be too time consuming for the mods, but I think it would be a good feature.

Nihilist 2004-03-23 06:33

I vote quite often. I've given most of your tabs a top rating, John. And a few other great tabs I've seen on here I have given the highest rating. It wouldn't be time consuming for me, as it's just a regular thing.

johnmansley 2004-03-23 07:22

It seems there's a lot of voter apathy around, but you're the obvious exception, Nihilist! I try to vote for all the tabs that I know, especially since the top tabber list has been up and running.

nomad 2004-03-23 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Seems like a good idea to me. The user comments will give anyone viewing the tab an idea of how the tab has been received by other members and could possibly influence a more accurate vote rather than just an ignorant click of 1.

A log of who voted would be a good idea too because that would also encourage people to be honest with their votes and not deliberately give a tab a low score out of petulance.

How about that a tab is required to have at least one vote from a mod? There are a few mods around so taking the time to rate a tab of a song that they are familiar with shouldn't take too long. Each tab could have a "moderated by ---" tag and the respective vote. I think this would also influence people to vote honestly and would give every tab at least one vote and therefore a rating. Maybe this would be too time consuming for the mods, but I think it would be a good feature.

A voting log is a great idea!

Also, how about moderating all user comments? This can be easily implemented with vB engine but will add some work to moderators.

nomad 2004-03-23 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
its a pity that the tabs dont stay too long in the posting forum, whcich would give people a bit of a chance to put a few comments in there

I will try to control myself... :D